Thread: Surfing and punting combo os location

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Surfing and punting combo os location

Looking for best combo os location of surf trip and punting. I’m thinking Bali as obvious but wondered if others have any left field suggestions through Asia.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Hey Big Toe - I have similar interests and have been searching for last 10 years.
    The bad news - well yes Indonesia ( Uluwatu and Kuta,) but not much place else that combines decent waves plus "adequate" nightlife.
    Usually its one or the other. Used to go diving in peurto galera in phil where nightlife was very good but Korean millionairres wrecked that place.
    Siargao in Phils is often recommended but its a BYO girlfriend place, look up San Juan in Phil too but once again BYO.
    I laugh how some travel guides say Phuket or Thai beaches for surfing - if you are used to Aust beaches or Hawaii or California surf then these are a joke.
    Like I said been searching for about 10 years or so - haven't found perfect combo - my recommendation would be head to Bali or Manilla, find a lady who would like a beach holiday and BYO to surfing spot.
    if your paying a daily rate, I'm told< many will jump at the chance.
    Cheers
    4FoW2

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Thanks 4FoW2
    That’s great advice. Yeah noticed Thailand selling surf camps but I can’t quite believe there is any good surf there and I’m used to gc and s coast surf. Will check out those Phil spots.