Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you financially sustain your expensive punting habits?

Banned

How do you financially sustain your expensive punting habits?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I have a high salary so it is not a problem for me. I do not waste my money on useless things, I invest them. So as I noticed that I have enough money for food, shelter and medicine (which os the most important), I decided that I can pay for my punting habits, which helps me to earn more

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    Bonuses, tax returns and a decently high paying job (six figures but not like GM level six figures).

I do have a mortgage and like to splurge on other things. Like recently bought a Swiss watch and giant can't remember the inch TV. But I'm reasonably responsible with my money.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    I avoid "expensive punting habits". Plenty of moderately priced, even cheap, adventures out there, to keep me satisfied.

To each his own.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I ask my wife who works, to give me money so I can punt (lol I wish!)

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Wallet Wizard !!!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Seperate bank accounts....but a monthly budget for the household and bills. Whatever is left over is up to you...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    Bonuses, tax returns and a decently high paying job (six figures but not like GM level six figures).

I do have a mortgage and like to splurge on other things. Like recently bought a Swiss watch and giant can't remember the inch TV. But I'm reasonably responsible with my money.
    What did you get? A JLC? A Rolex? A Panerai? A Zenith? A Tudor? A Patek? ... God forbid a Hublot?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
    What did you get? A JLC? A Rolex? A Panerai? A Zenith? A Tudor? A Patek? ... God forbid a Hublot?
    No need to be a hublot hater

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Depends on lots things.
    how often do you need to punt?
    how expensive do you want to spend each punt?
    how much is your salary?
    do you have famiies who are dependent on you financially?
    do you have mortgage?
    how much would you like to save each month?

I'd say if you're young professional who's still single, its easy to sustain this hobby as long as you don't overdo it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I go once or twice a month, half hour RnTs only. They do the job

Senior Member(無間使者)
    By cheating on my taxes.

A win on the other punt or the pokies. Otherwise, a nice income and a recently sold property has seen my punting go through the roof the last 12 months.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Using my last pay bump as a discretionary fund for ‘entertainment’ activities.

Senior Member(無間使者) curiousgeorge1023's Avatar
    Get rid of all your Bad debts ie. Credit Card, Car Loan, smoking, drinking ( socially is fine ), eating out or buying cooked food everyday and most of all BUDGET your weekly Salary and see where you can ' divert ' some funds for punting.
    Last edited by curiousgeorge1023; 06-08-2022 at 05:02 PM. Reason: details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    A win on the other punt or the pokies. Otherwise, a nice income and a recently sold property has seen my punting go through the roof the last 12 months.
    Some people receive a large sum of money and want to enjoy it on punting but it can't last forever. The girls will target the guy if they know he has the money but once it dries up, they're nowhere to be seen.

When people win lotto or receive compensation lump sum payments they blow it away quickly. They don't know how to budget properly.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Some people receive a large sum of money and want to enjoy it on punting but it can't last forever. The girls will target the guy if they know he has the money but once it dries up, they're nowhere to be seen.
    You spittin' facts there Mr Cuteguy. As a general rule of thumb, a woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing, a man's loyalty is tested when he has everything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    a woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing, a man's loyalty is tested when he has everything.
    Putting that in the quote book.

Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post

When people win lotto or receive compensation lump sum payments they blow it away quickly. They don't know how to budget properly.
    Some people work hard, pay off their mortgages over long periods of time and reap the rewards at the end of it all when the property gets sold. Disciplined people like this aren't going to piss it up against the wall.

Winning money or compensation when you don't have much cash is a totally different scenario.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Doubling my money betting on sports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast