Thread: Thailand - post COVID

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member(無間使者)

Any updates on recent trips.

Quote Originally Posted by 4FoW2 View Post
    Used to get business flights on the cheap pre COVID to Thai, Phil, etc for around 3k, now they want 6. Add accom & food then mongering money it becomes mighty expensive.
    Refuse to go cattle class.
    Hope once the rush after COVID dies down decent prices might return but like petrol prices probably not.
    4FoW2

I'm thinking of a trip during Christmas holidays... agreed tickets are crazy... i have been following youtube videos as suggested, they are quite helpful.. but with recent flood situations not sure how things are at the moment... Would be glad to hear for someone who has recently been there and any insights

Heard that the visa rules have changed with longer stays and no covid restrictions from Oct'22..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I just returned from Bangkok this week. The place is picking up. Plenty of girls are now working. Lots and lots of opportunities. I travel economy class but it’s only a nine hour journey. I think that you have to be prepared to explore, be picky, try new places, try new destinations in Thailand and look around Bangkok. There are literally thousands of places to go. A nineteen hole at the golf course was excellent this trip. I also learn a lot from the locals. Some of them continue to amaze me.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookha View Post
    I just returned from Bangkok this week. The place is picking up. Plenty of girls are now working. Lots and lots of opportunities. I travel economy class but it’s only a nine hour journey. I think that you have to be prepared to explore, be picky, try new places, try new destinations in Thailand and look around Bangkok. There are literally thousands of places to go. A nineteen hole at the golf course was excellent this trip. I also learn a lot from the locals. Some of them continue to amaze me.
    Thanks Lookha.. Appreciate that!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookha View Post
    good to know that its now picking up

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I don’t mint the rain at all. It keeps other customers away. Not much flooding.