Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes we are overworked and underpaid and burnout

Junior Member(有D料到)

Yes we are overworked and underpaid and burnout

Yes this is off topic but it a public forum .I have a message on behalf on my former brother and sister’s. I use to work in ICU and it became too brutal and yes i left . This was a too common occurrence and it wasn’t the IV drug users or the alcoholic that gave the most headache but the families . 95 yr old grandma / grandpa came in and has trouble breathing. We ask if they want to be incubated and they say no also to CPR . They just want to go peacefully but the family won’t respect this. So we tube them but their blood pressure can’t handle the sedation, so we need to start pressors . They then develop a pneumonia, so we got to pump them with antibiotics. But too bad they have already gone septic. Oop’s there goes a few toes and fingers .We got a BP right ? Get some bedside dialysis too , might as well until ultimately we tell the family it’s futile and we should just make them feel comfortable for their sake. They disagree.Fuck listening to more than a half a century of experience in ICU . So next they code .We start chest compressors. Oops their rib cage collapses. We shake and slam them with drugs and fluids for half a hour. Until they close their eyes permanently. Everybody stay safe and happy punting .And if Chester in HR reads this fuck you sadistic cunt .

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i never want to be intubated, that shit sounds horrible. just let me die peacefully if it's basically my time. i don't every last second.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Totes burnt out. I know the feels. Whole year I gotta hear , I want to come and see my mum or dad. I don't care about other people's mum or dad, You can't stop us from coming in. We're call the police for neglect.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I guess punting is a stress release for many. You have already seen what everyone will ultimately end up. In an deal would you can choose when and how to die. Not in Australia. Respects to hospital frontline workers.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Fifita...you need some professional help and you won't find it here on a sex forum.

Nurses have been under a lot of pressure for a lot of years (even before covid hit) and have been under paid and under valued for a long time. They've done an amazing job and have not been appreciated for doing it. They've had to endure so much agony over the last few years and in too many cases had to watch someone take their last breath.
    The government (both state and federal) have done very little to help them.
    For you safety and peace of mind please talk to a professional.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Agree with Dotcum. You need some professional help. I can totally relate as I work in healthcare too.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This post brought on bad memories for me. About 10 years ago the same thing that you described happened to my Grandfather. He was 103 at the time and although physically worn out was 100% switched on. I was very close to him. He was admitted to Hospital with pneumonia. I would visit him every day. The first night he was there a nurse came in and pricked his finger to test his diabetes levels. When she left he called me in close and told me to tell the medics to just leave him alone and not do anything for him any more as he just wanted to pass peacefully. Besides pleading with them to stop trying to treat him uncomfortablly they continued to do so, to the point of force feeding him, hurting him in the process and making him almost choke to death. A week later he passed away in hospital and to this day have never forgiven myself to make his last days a little more comfortable by being a bit more tougher on the nurses to leave him be so he could pass in peace.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Mate, I'm saying this seriously as one who sympathises but could never understand. I have 2 nurses in the extended family, 1 who worked ICU throughout the last 2 years, as Dotcum has said you need a professional to walk you through and decompress everything. I agree totally we are obsessed with extending life at all costs. Often in spite of what is best for the patient.

My own Mother, who passed away this week 13 years ago, was a good example of "when it's time to go..". She had exhausted treatment options, she was comfortable, and even though they would never admit it, I suspect was administered a mercy dose at the end, and if that was her choice then I am happy with that.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Fuck this brings up feels man. My dad just passed away this year from cancer at home. At that point I think he just wanted to go. Refused to go into the hospital and just wanted to pass away at home.

The day my mum called me saying he's not waking up was the hardest moment for me. At the same time though I was glad he passed quickly as the late stages of cancer is a slow and horrible way to go. You don't even have energy to go to the toilet, you're stick thin and constantly in pain. Sometimes people should just be allowed to pass away painlessly at their own choosing.

Huge respect to health workers. The job is definitely not easy.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    We treat our much loved pets with more humanity and compassion than our fellow humans.
    When our family dog or cat is old and sick and in pain we take it to the vet and he gives it an injection and it painlessly passes away.
    But with humans, no, we insist on keeping them alive so they can suffer longer.
    We pump them full of drugs, opioids, tranquilizers, feed them tasteless muck or through a tube, give them oxygen, let them shit their pants, and rob them of all human dignity.
    We torture them right up until the last second.
    They just lie or sit there; senseless, in pain or just numb.
    It's a crime against humanity.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    We treat our much loved pets with more humanity and compassion than our fellow humans.
    When our family dog or cat is old and sick and in pain we take it to the vet and he gives it an injection and it painlessly passes away.
    We pump them full of drugs, opioids, tranquilizers, feed them tasteless muck or through a tube, give them oxygen, let them shit their pants, and rob them of all human dignity.
    Yeah mate this is very true. Sad, but true.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    Fuck this brings up feels man. My dad just passed away this year from cancer at home. At that point I think he just wanted to go. Refused to go into the hospital and just wanted to pass away at home.

The day my mum called me saying he's not waking up was the hardest moment for me. At the same time though I was glad he passed quickly as the late stages of cancer is a slow and horrible way to go. You don't even have energy to go to the toilet, you're stick thin and constantly in pain. Sometimes people should just be allowed to pass away painlessly at their own choosing.

Genuinely sorry to hear that Meng. Chemo and radio, you wouldn't wish it on your enemy, and then those end stages... the less said the better... Again, my sincere condolences.

Sorry for your loss, my condolences.

I know the feeling, my dad passed away 2 years ago after years of battling cancer.

By the end, he just stopped talking his meds except the strong painkillers which he didn't need.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar

Deepest condolences, Meng. Just continue to live well with his memory in your mind. He lives on in you.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    It’s the religious nutters in power that dictate our end of life choices. They seriously believe that we need to suffer to prove our devotion to Christ. Hopefully the recently passed euthanasia bill negates some of their influence. Absolute cunts.

But as usual Rooter, you’re right on the money

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Thanks all. I guess mortality is something we'll all have to come to terms with. It really got me thinking about what'll happen if I'm ever like that and that extension of life doesn't equal quality of life.

One thing I did come to appreciate was our amazing healthcare system. For all its flaws I still think we have one of the best health care systems in the world. Also the NDIS. Although we never ended up using it cause he passed before we could. To know it's there as a safety net for helpers, equipment etc. It's an amazing scheme.

It's why I'm happy to pay a lot of money for my private health insurance. Anything to take burden off our public health system I'll do. Again huge respect to health care workers. It's not a easy job.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Apologies for the rant . Sometimes I get too emotional sometimes. What I said happens so often and every single time i think of what we put this person through in their last hours on earth all because a family couldn’t respect their loved one’s last wishes . Please when it’s time just let us pump them with Morphine and Ativan and let them go in peace and comfort and with dignity intact .

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Fifita i how you feel, its not easy turning off your emotions, and hope your training kicks in to save a life, family members have an expectation that a miracle will happen and their love ones will be saved, but if they spent more time with them when they where alive, they would know more about their health situation and respect their wishes when its their time,
    you can't carry the world on your shoulders and you shouldn't have too,
    i have had my own burdens and demons to deal with and the only way to get through them is to except what has happened and move forward

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifita View Post
    Apologies for the rant . Sometimes I get too emotional sometimes. What I said happens so often and every single time i think of what we put this person through in their last hours on earth all because a family couldn’t respect their loved one’s last wishes . Please when it’s time just let us pump them with Morphine and Ativan and let them go in peace and comfort and with dignity intact .
    Don't you have real life friends that you can rant about this?

And the funny thing is, all of a sudden some forum members start to talk about their relatives dying of cancer.

Any death in my family is my family's privacy. I'm pretty sure my dead relative will not appreciate it when he sees me talking about how he died and refused life support apparatus.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Full respect to health workers, better pay and conditions seems like the least that can be given to those who give so much too others

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast