Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Shop

Senior Member(無間使者)

Buying a Shop

Where would I look if I was interested in buying a massage shop? Gumtree? Locanto?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdan View Post
    Where would I look if I was interested in buying a massage shop? Gumtree? Locanto?
    Businesses for sale site I would think.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    With the money I've spent, I think I've already bought one.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i think best if you suss out the location yourself, see if there is enough clientele there, and then open it yourself. not too hard, just need some work looking for the correct place.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon2005 View Post
    Businesses for sale site I would think.
    Yes - I've looked at a few of those sites - there are a few there. Not many in Brisbane though

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by harry444 View Post
    With the money I've spent, I think I've already bought one.
    Nice work Harry - I don't think you'd be on your pat malone there

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by exflux View Post
    i think best if you suss out the location yourself, see if there is enough clientele there, and then open it yourself. not too hard, just need some work looking for the correct place.
    About 18 months ago, I was looking at starting one myself - I was having trouble getting a prospective landlord to allow a massage business in their house. So I canned that idea for an established shop

Quote Originally Posted by Holdan View Post
    About 18 months ago, I was looking at starting one myself - I was having trouble getting a prospective landlord to allow a massage business in their house. So I canned that idea for an established shop
    Try sunbrisbane.com

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    There have been a few shops around the traps that have recently closed and are vacant. Maybe worth checking some of them out.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Russ View Post
    Try sunbrisbane.com
    Many thanks Russ

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye96 View Post
    There have been a few shops around the traps that have recently closed and are vacant. Maybe worth checking some of them out.
    Good idea - many thanks

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few that would be happy to sell as a going concern. Ask the right questions of the right people and someone will be happy to sell if the price is right. Might seem more expensive to do it that way, but it would save you the cost of buying the infrastructure (tables, towels, etc).

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamen View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few that would be happy to sell as a going concern. Ask the right questions of the right people and someone will be happy to sell if the price is right. Might seem more expensive to do it that way, but it would save you the cost of buying the infrastructure (tables, towels, etc).
    I'd prefer a going concern over establishing a new one.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    in my opinion, if a massage shop is on for sale, it can only mean it is not making money and the owner wants to bail. i wouldn't buy that shop.

if it were up to me, i would scout around for a spot of my own liking and then see if i can turn that spot into a massage place. it wouldn't be a residential place. commercial is always better although it might be tricky trying to get the lease. but if commercial, people always think everything is aboveboard, proper licences, taxes paid etc etc so a lot of problems out of the way. proper massages upfront, then can proceed to a backroom if the customer so desires.

startup might be a little expensive, but if you know what you are doing, and you get the proper traffic, there is money to be made and you can always sell on the shop later and recoup everything, or even more.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlco777 View Post
    in my opinion, if a massage shop is on for sale, it can only mean it is not making money and the owner wants to bail. i wouldn't buy that shop.

if it were up to me, i would scout around for a spot of my own liking and then see if i can turn that spot into a massage place. it wouldn't be a residential place. commercial is always better although it might be tricky trying to get the lease. but if commercial, people always think everything is aboveboard, proper licences, taxes paid etc etc so a lot of problems out of the way. proper massages upfront, then can proceed to a backroom if the customer so desires.

startup might be a little expensive, but if you know what you are doing, and you get the proper traffic, there is money to be made and you can always sell on the shop later and recoup everything, or even more.
    Thanks for this Carlco - makes a lot of sense to me

Senior Member(無間使者)
    carlco is probably right. ask Acqua if they are up for sale. if they are not making money, they would sell right away. ask 4Seasons if they are for sale. same thing.

establishing a new one, u can choose your own location, make sure it is discreet, ample parking for both staff and customers, high traffic flow area for maximum customers ... everything up to you. getting a current one, you got to improve on where the previous owner failed. if they were previously unable to improve upon the place, are you sure you can ?

maybe we should have a vote in here to see where most punters would like the next new massage shop location to be at. lol.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    carlco is probably right. ask Acqua if they are up for sale. if they are not making money, they would sell right away. ask 4Seasons if they are for sale. same thing.

establishing a new one, u can choose your own location, make sure it is discreet, ample parking for both staff and customers, high traffic flow area for maximum customers ... everything up to you. getting a current one, you got to improve on where the previous owner failed. if they were previously unable to improve upon the place, are you sure you can ?

maybe we should have a vote in here to see where most punters would like the next new massage shop location to be at. lol.
    I saw an old 'snack bar' in an industrial area. Actually just signed 'snack bar'.

Was thinking it would be awesome for 5pm-Midnight operating hours. Don't even remove signage. Call the shop 'Snack Bar Massage'.

Senior Member(無間使者)

Great idea re vote

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Getting good staff is, in my opinion, the biggest problem. I feel Asian shop owners have a huge advantage here. Being able to get girls from the home country on tourist visas, etc. Before doing anything, try finding a (regular) source of girls. I believe it's illegal to advertise for girls, although I think that only applies to brothels. Do Lotsa homework.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Agree with Harry, plus if you can't speak the common Asian languages like Mandarin or Thai it's an issue, even if a girl speaks reasonable English

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast