Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by memememe View Post
    See what impact this has on shops & punting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0GumFCjMLU

All those fake fucking locanto adds!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovesadrink View Post
    All those fake fucking locanto adds!
    we were thinking that police monitor this forum, seems it's the 60 minute journos. I'm sure when I read through the forum archive there are stories of debts.

human trafficking should definitely be cleaned up out of the industry

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by memememe View Post
    See what impact this has on shops & punting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0GumFCjMLU
    I was sitting in reception of a well know shop, where male receptionist {or whoever he was) and an older man were discussing bringing girl over to study ...really wasn't a nice discussion to listen too. The older guy just had that look about him.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon2005 View Post
    I was sitting in reception of a well know shop, where male receptionist {or whoever he was) and an older man were discussing bringing girl over to study ...really wasn't a nice discussion to listen too. The older guy just had that look about him.
    Was this Smile Springwood?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon2005 View Post
    The older guy just had that look about him.
    I found this part offensive. Do you know it's very hard to be an older guy and not have 'that look' when I'm talking about the 21 filo student I'm banging.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    some of the guys in here were rejoicing when the borders were re-opening after COVID, insisting that more students were coming back for studies and therefore more people could potentially be working in them massage shops. it is this particular attitude that is encouraging human trafficking.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Human trafficking also applies to the sweat shops in the western suburbs. I think sexual human trafficking is very closely watched and almost totally eliminated. Only existing in the minds of the religious zealots, who want to remove anything that is fun for a man.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    New guy here - please be kind.
    New to actively participating in this forum, not new to the scene, that is.

1. Without having watched the full episode (and I am probably not going to), I doubt that this 60 min docu will have any impact, and it's not the first documentary of this kind.
    2. While human trafficking is definitely going on and is defininetly a problem, I have yet to meet a ML that I would suspect to be a victim of trafficking. On the other hand I've seen quite a few expensive cars in the carparks of certain shops that were parked for longer than a usual session would last...
    3. I have no doubt that some MLs are in the industry because they have no other marketable skills that would earn them the amount of money they need, some of them might be in debt, have children to provide for, other obligations, other predicaments, and that might put them in a situation where they are providing extra services that under normal circumstances they would not be comfortable providing. But all of that goes back to choices they made, and it also applies to other professions. I have had to do things in my profession that I was not comfortable with, too.
    4. Police, journos, MLs, shop owners, wives, etc. might all read or even post here, and have been for a long time. I am sure a lot of law enforcement agents frequent shops, too, in a private capacity, some might even run 'protection' rackets, who knows.

The world is what it has always been. So in summary, absolutely nothing will change....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by miiata View Post
    some of the guys in here were rejoicing when the borders were re-opening after COVID, insisting that more students were coming back for studies and therefore more people could potentially be working in them massage shops. it is this particular attitude that is encouraging human trafficking.
    I am not really understanding your comment.
    Are you saying that Australian Universities are trafficking students for the purpose of prostitution??
    Or are you saying that Australian student visas are issued without checking if the applicants are genuine students?
    Or are you saying that only Australians should work in massage shops because all foreign MLs might have been trafficked?

Those of the MLs that are students and whom I have met are usually in it to finance a lifestyle that would not be achievable by working in regular student jobs with the usual hourly rates, by relying on scholarships or parental support.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It's on 60 Minutes tonight.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by harry444 View Post
    It's on 60 Minutes tonight.
    I didn't watch it - what was it like?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdan View Post
    I didn't watch it - what was it like?
    available online here https://9now.nine.com.au/60-minutes/...d-41a7b17743f0

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpitt View Post
    mostly filmed in Qld, where hidden cameras are allowed.

undercovers the dodgy hotel sex scene in cheap motels in Qld

Cairns and Townsville got a grilling.

A brisbane motel is featured but I don't recognise it.

There is quite a bit of hidden camera in bedroom pics so someone must be making a few bookings in the name of good tv.

Secrethostess website is used.

Senior Member(無間使者)

There is quite a bit of hidden camera in bedroom pics so someone must be making a few bookings in the name of good tv.

Gotta hate that site. Can't help but wonder if the researcher(s) really have a clue.

I, once upon a time, came across something I thought was a bit dodgy in a massage shop. I brought it up with a sex worker advocacy group (who I won't name)... And they explained what I saw. And there was a reasonable explanation for what I saw. I had been concerned that the ML was getting completely financially manipulated. What it really was: The business owner trying to segregate his identity from certain transactions. After some time, I got to learn that the ML I was worried about was actually VERY financially literate, and was not being 'ripped off' by the shop owner.

The group I spoke with thanked me for contacting them... and they commented that 'legit sex-work enforcement / trafficking' in QLD is quite rare (2018 era)... and it was their belief that when genuine 'legit sex-work enforcement / trafficking' cases arise, they were typically dealt with by QPS ... and swiftly.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Many thanks Brad

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Brisbane motel looks like Acacia Ridge Hotel, 1386 Beaudesert Rd, Bro

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I watched some of it last night.
    In essence nothing new. Over the years I've watched quite a few of these reports, mostly about trafficking from East European countries, but same mechanisms and stories. Movies and TV series have been made about it (Human Trafficking w. Donald Sutherland, or the Belgian production Matroesjka's which ran on SBS a while ago). And of course, what's happening there is horrible.

But all that has nothing to do with the shops and ladies I am visiting.
    Most of the MLs I know frequently travel to their countries of origin, so they must be in possession of their passports; one of the stars of the scene is currently in her home country afaik. A ML in Toowoomba that I know usually works one month, then travels one month, and so on. Not exactly the life of a sex slave.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by APL View Post
    Brisbane motel looks like Acacia Ridge Hotel, 1386 Beaudesert Rd, Bro
    that was actually my thoughts as well but their statement "out of the way hotel" didn't remind me of beaudesert rd

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    It's a shame that nothing was said about the Baiting and Switching that is rife in the industry. Advertisments of 22/23 year old. Then door opens to a boiler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast