Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you give your real name to MLs?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woods23 View Post
    I just point at my shoe..that way they can remember me easier( few times the girls don't remember but remember my shoe haha) But I rarely get ask for my name anyway.
    Shoe could be a Chinese surname. Mr. Shoe.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) woods23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    Shoe could be a Chinese surname. Mr. Shoe.
    That's a bad name for a Chinese " wear old shoe"

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    In my opinion, it is a bad idea to give out any identifiable information. I doubt the MLs/WLs give you their real names etc. Why not just enjoy the session and leave it to that?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Real name to a hooker? yeah, nah.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I do. Also exchanged photos with some of them on their request and had a few in my car so they could have gotten the number plate, but so could anyone else on the street.

Nothing to loose, single and punt way too much despite past intentions to quit. So why bother to hide anything.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Exactly. Last thing you want is you're out with the missus and some random girl shouts right at you using your fake name. You're busted on the spot, no chance of a recovery "story".
    Disagree. An incorrect name provides plausible deniability, just a shrug of the shoulders to your other.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    I'd prefer that to the girl blurting out my real name. At least you can easily claim she mistook you for someone else. Of course, hopefully, any ML/WL would be discreet and ignore you regardless.
    Where I was a resident, I did use a nom de guerre, one that the PRC's gave me. Easy to remember for all of us.

However, here in Aus, I have been using my real name. I'm too lazy to set up a different WeChat account, and it's a bit hard to waffle when my name is right there (use it both for friends and friends).

My experience, most all do ignore you, at most a nod that could be to anyone (I do the same). But my first Thai gf in Bangkok, 5, 6 years later, did shout out my real name (before I switched to my nom de guerre). I just ignored, gave my friends a "I have no idea", and walked on.

Banned
    I always tell the MLs my name is Sibon.

It means "So good" in French.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    That was about to be my joke! Well played sir.

Banned

But it's also a Sth American species of snake which is more appropriate

Senior Member(無間使者)

Of course I give them my real name, i give them my address too so they know where they can get their fish tanks cleaned

Quote Originally Posted by woods23 View Post
    I just point at my shoe..that way they can remember me easier( few times the girls don't remember but remember my shoe haha) But I rarely get ask for my name anyway
    "Hello R.M. Williams so good to see you again!"

I have a generic three letter name I give (not mine). I've punted so many times at this point he feels like a whole other identity.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Why give your real name. You don’t get theirs

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    For a long time I used the first name of a former boss who I disliked a lot.

In reality why give your real name to a working girl who is, understandably, using a fake name herself....!!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yes - to a degree.
    I give the shortened version of my name and never had any issues with it - given I only give the first name

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrabong View Post
    Big assumption there, not getting their real names. I'm not encouraging anyone to be more open than they currently are, but maybe we can appreciate how a person can really open up once the opposite party has opened up.

It's a bit like "show me yours and I'll show you mine". Sometimes the wall remains because both parties cannot let go of it. Doesn't happen all the time, but I've had a fair few who have opened up once they knew I wasn't hiding anything.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If you use pay Id, you see their name, they see yours

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Big assumption there, not getting their real names. I'm not encouraging anyone to be more open than they currently are, but maybe we can appreciate how a person can really open up once the opposite party has opened up.

It's a bit like "show me yours and I'll show you mine". Sometimes the wall remains because both parties cannot let go of it. Doesn't happen all the time, but I've had a fair few who have opened up once they knew I wasn't hiding anything.
    If you get her PERSONAL WeChat, chances that will have her real name, or at least the name that her civilian friends know her by. Everyone I know has only one WeChat account, including me. You can create your own name, but that will be the name EVERYONE knows you by. Also, talk about being open, anyone can view one's moments...(and a personal one won't have today's roster...)

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    If you get her PERSONAL WeChat, chances that will have her real name, or at least the name that her civilian friends know her by. Everyone I know has only one WeChat account, including me. You can create your own name, but that will be the name EVERYONE knows you by. Also, talk about being open, anyone can view one's moments...(and a personal one won't have today's roster...)
    Only if you have 2/3 phones like many WL have, so you have 2/3 wechat. One for business in OZ, one private in OZ, one from home country. All the phones are latest iphone with different colours cover.

Senior Member(無間使者) rubit moore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrabong View Post
    Exactly. I’ve said ‘Castrol’ or even ‘Sid Chrome’ before hahaha. Oooh nice tool Meester Sid Chrome haha.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Use my Nickname only

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast