Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indonesia sex before marriage will be jail time

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    But it doesn't come into effect for another three years.
    They'll be protests before then.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    They'll be protests before then.

It will never come into effect.

Banned
    Cruel but fair

I wonder how this will affect Bali

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17012430 View Post
    It will never happen. It is three years before it is planned to come in and President Widodo has to approve it as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 17012430 View Post
    It’s got nothing to do with tourists.

“ acts of pre-marital and extra-marital sex could only be reported by a spouse, parents or children, limiting the scope of the amendment.”

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
    It’s got nothing to do with tourists.

“ acts of pre-marital and extra-marital sex could only be reported by a spouse, parents or children, limiting the scope of the amendment.”
    It actually applies to everyone citizens or foreigners, read the proposed legislation...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    It actually applies to everyone citizens or foreigners, read the proposed legislation...
    Okay, then explain to us non-lawyers how a foreign monger is going to get caught up in this while fucking a hooker.

I suppose the hooker would need to be married, then her husband, parents or children who have witnessed the event report her to the police, thereby incriminating both the monger and the hooker. Most hookers in Bali fly in from Java.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    There are already anti-adultery laws in Indonesia, this legislation just tightens them up and increases the penalties.
    It is aimed at Indonesians and to prevent them from living together when unmarried and also clamping down on married people having affairs.
    It requires an interested party to bring an action.
    It is also aimed at gays and lesbians since gay marriage is not legal in Indonesia then gays and lesbians are caught in a Classic Catch 22. They have to be married to have sex, but they are not allowed to get married.
    The average tourist visiting Indonesia has nothing to worry about.
    It is a terrible and unfair and oppressive law though.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    There are already anti-adultery laws in Indonesia, this legislation just tightens them up and increases the penalties.
    It is aimed at Indonesians and to prevent them from living together when unmarried and also clamping down on married people having affairs.
    It requires an interested party to bring an action.
    It is also aimed at gays and lesbians since gay marriage is not legal in Indonesia then gays and lesbians are caught in a Classic Catch 22. They have to be married to have sex, but they are not allowed to get married.
    The average tourist visiting Indonesia has nothing to worry about.
    It is a terrible and unfair and oppressive law though.
    as I said earlier, it will never happen. It is three years before it is planned to come in and President Widodo has to approve it as well before it is law.

Looks like it's already making waves.IMG_20221207_192134.jpg

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    An Indo friend of mine in Indonesia has told me this is a “nothing burger”. The law for premarital sex had always been there, just not sensationalised by the media like this time.

The only thing that this new law adds to the situation is that the spouse can now report a partner for adultery, ie. premarital sex, thereby triggering this law.

That is the only net effect. I’ll let you decide how you wanna take this.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
    Okay, then explain to us non-lawyers how a foreign monger is going to get caught up in this while fucking a hooker.

I suppose the hooker would need to be married, then her husband, parents or children who have witnessed the event report her to the police, thereby incriminating both the monger and the hooker. Most hookers in Bali fly in from Java.
    It wouldn't impact Australian's in Bali anyway, Bali is a Hindu majority island so there would be no complaints to begin with..

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Yeah just appeasement, doubt anything serious will come of it

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    So let me get this right; you can kill 200 people and get released from prison after only serving half the jail time. You get caught with a few kilos of weed, and have to serve 20yrs in prison. There's a ban from insulting the Obama look alike, including insulting state institutions and state ideologies, if caught it's 3 years jail time - WTF!

That is one fucked up place, with primitive laws, ugly cities and oppressed women - a total dump of a place. Who'd wanna go there?
    I can think of 100 better holiday destinations to fuck a chick out of wedlock.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    Several articles are saying sex before marriage will be punishable with jail time in Indonesia. Indonesia's parliament is expected to pass a new criminal law this month. Unbelievable!
    If this gets passed just be careful anyone travelling there.
    Please remember whether you're in Australia or out:

Sex is a sin before marriage or outside marriage.

Please stop it and confess your sin to a priest.

May your soul be forgiven and saved.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    So let me get this right; you can kill 200 people and get released from prison after only serving half the jail time. You get caught with a few kilos of weed, and have to serve 20yrs in prison. There's a ban from insulting the Obama look alike, including insulting state institutions and state ideologies, if caught it's 3 years jail time - WTF!

That is one fucked up place, with primitive laws, ugly cities and oppressed women - a total dump of a place. Who'd wanna go there?
    Im surprised they're not kicking up more of a stink about that fuckwit

He's probably a legend in some places over there.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    a total dump of a place. Who'd wanna go there?
    Hmmm I don't know. Now that summer is here. I've seen a lot of bintang singlet wearers around.

Banned

They were ready to release the terrorist who killed over 200 people in Bali earlier but did it after the anniversary of the Bali bombing and G20 conference in Indonesia. If they had done it earlier, it would have drawn much more criticism.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    One report I came across today said the new laws won't come into effect for about 3 years, some time to slip over there and have fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast