Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Punting during inflation - prices going up, up, up =)

Baby Member(留言版初哥) MrSmashOrPass's Avatar

Punting during inflation - prices going up, up, up =)

Can see shops lifting prices almost in line with the Reserve Bank interest rate rises, standard Diamond service going from $220-$250 to now $280-$300 range. Financial pressure and lack of punters making girls remove their 'Asian Only' requirement but keep avoiding customers if they're the same ethnicity e.g (Korean or Japanese) but most of them keep their 'No Indians' rule. Let's see if these prices drop down back to reasonable range in future...

Nice to see new Japanese girls flooding into the Sydney punting market, just a pity some of them stay for two weeks charging $300+ p/hr offering crap services.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Rents going up, loan rates going up, power going up, supplies going up, etc would be impacting the shops.

I wonder how much of the price increases gets passed on to the girls?

Baby Member(留言版初哥) MrSmashOrPass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Rents going up, loan rates going up, power going up, supplies going up, etc would be impacting the shops.

I wonder how much of the price increases gets passed on to the girls?
    Yeah that's a good point! Roughly from a $250 1 hr Diamond session shop keeps $80-$100 from it the rest in the girls pocket. Not surprised if these shop price increases is purely to accommodate their overhead expenses.

Banned
    Good thing I haven't punt for 3 weeks. Price hike and poor service from WLs have made punting an unpleasant hit and miss experience.

You've better luck in going to choice fishing spot in Sydney and land on a good catch.

Banned
    Just vote with your feet.

If the shops push the prices up, stay at home and have a long shower instead.

Prices for anything never go down over time, unless it is something not required any more. Do guys want to pay girls to fuck them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmashOrPass View Post
    Can see shops lifting prices almost in line with the Reserve Bank interest rate rises, standard Diamond service going from $220-$250 to now $280-$300 range. Financial pressure and lack of punters making girls remove their 'Asian Only' requirement but keep avoiding customers if they're the same ethnicity e.g (Korean or Japanese) but most of them keep their 'No Indians' rule. Let's see if these prices drop down back to reasonable range in future...

Nice to see new Japanese girls flooding into the Sydney punting market, just a pity some of them stay for two weeks charging $300+ p/hr offering crap services.

The rise in interest rates were supposed to deter spending so that supply can normalise. In brothels I suppose the biggest operating expenditures would be electricity - girls often stay inside long hours without exposure to vitamin D so they're much more sensitive to temperature changes and have to turn the AC on all day.

Now that energy prices are capped for a year, any further price increases by shops can't be justified. I reckon it's the girls themselves who set the price according to what they want to earn daily and have to bear the consequences of not delivering service levels appropriate to their pricing.

My price limit for most girls would be $300/hr unless they have exceptional service. And thinking about it, the higher price drive is also a psychological tactic to make more punters go for the 30min minimum option as this gives the girls an opportunity to make more money (2 x 30mins customer per hour = 2 X $200 = $400 instead of 1 x 60min customer per hour = only $300). It's a gamble if they can get 2 customers back to back every hour, then again they don't have to work too hard even if they only get 1 X 30min customer every hour.

Being a tradie is similar. Customers have to pay a minimum callout and tradies rather do hundreds of quick fix jobs rather than one callout that takes a whole day to fix because the latter will burn you out and every subsequent hour is charged less unless you throw in a really expensive part which is kinda similar to charging extra tips for BBFS lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJones View Post
    The rise in interest rates were supposed to deter spending so that supply can normalise. In brothels I suppose the biggest operating expenditures would be electricity - girls often stay inside long hours without exposure to vitamin D so they're much more sensitive to temperature changes and have to turn the AC on all day.

Now that energy prices are capped for a year, any further price increases by shops can't be justified. I reckon it's the girls themselves who set the price according to what they want to earn daily and have to bear the consequences of not delivering service levels appropriate to their pricing.

My price limit for most girls would be $300/hr unless they have exceptional service. And thinking about it, the higher price drive is also a psychological tactic to make more punters go for the 30min minimum option as this gives the girls an opportunity to make more money (2 x 30mins customer per hour = 2 X $200 = $400 instead of 1 x 60min customer per hour = only $300). It's a gamble if they can get 2 customers back to back every hour, then again they don't have to work too hard even if they only get 1 X 30min customer every hour.

Being a tradie is similar. Customers have to pay a minimum callout and tradies rather do hundreds of quick fix jobs rather than one callout that takes a whole day to fix because the latter will burn you out and every subsequent hour is charged less unless you throw in a really expensive part which is kinda similar to charging extra tips for BBFS lol
    Hi John - that is a thoughtful comment. I suspect there are also the elements of cartel pricing, opportunism with a smaller supply of women in the market and some operators need to make up for losses during covid lockdowns? What do you think?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBean View Post
    Hi John - that is a thoughtful comment. I suspect there are also the elements of cartel pricing, opportunism with a smaller supply of women in the market and some operators need to make up for losses during covid lockdowns? What do you think?
    Opportunism is nothing new in any capitalist industry. I reckon the supply of women has never been short but the quality of service is the biggest issue these days, therefore paving way for women willing to offer better service more pay.

Losses during COVID lockdown can drive the prices higher but once these businesses clear their debts I don't think they'll suddenly drop prices down as if they're selling vegetables that are in season. Sex work is a speciality service, demand is only based on the quality of service and will continue to increase in price like a Rolex watch although only in the short term. As the girl shows sign of aging she might lose more customers.

As for elements of cartel pricing I have no comments. Cartel run brothels tend to go out of business pretty quickly, even though brothels are mostly cash operated the laws here makes it really hard for businesses to launder money and pay wages without reporting anything. All cash received have to be stored somewhere, and spending thousands of dollars without any history of PAYG or BAS summary will definitely raise a lot of red flags. Maybe up to 5-10% of cash incomes can go unreported and be used to buy food, clothing and booze but definitely not for buying luxury items or paying school fees.

I'm not bothered as much by price increases in brothels or private. Brothel managers will always find a way to keep business running even with high prices, and as we see a lot these days the use of fake ARs and Photoshop is prevalent, therefore the reason why I don't post ARs as much or at all these days is because I kept sticking to regulars instead of trying out new girls.

Banned
    Is there an analysis of shop pricing on the forum? While I don't go to shops any more apart from the annual visit to Ginza, it would be interesting to have the inclusive hourly rates like a price ranking table.

Transparency is usually good for both business and customers I find in other walks of life.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    There are lots of low end shops jacking up the price to make up for Lockdown. The problem is, they priced themselves against shops like No5/Ginza/42 but the WL are not the same caliber/service. One particular shop I used to frequent (in the Shire location) used to be a very busy shop but now they are text blasting regulars for business because people including myself start looking elsewhere when spending that kind of money. What make it worst, they have lost many gems (may have moved on or return home) which makes it even less appealing for punters to make a visit. They either need to lower their prices or get some fresh talents because it's always a tragedy to see a long establish business close down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
    There are lots of low end shops jacking up the price to make up for Lockdown. The problem is, they priced themselves against shops like No5/Ginza/42 but the WL are not the same caliber/service. One particular shop I used to frequent (in the Shire location) used to be a very busy shop but now they are text blasting regulars for business because people including myself start looking elsewhere when spending that kind of money. What make it worst, they have lost many gems (may have moved on or return home) which makes it even less appealing for punters to make a visit. They either need to lower their prices or get some fresh talents because it's always a tragedy to see a long establish business close down.
    Those shops are doing that probably to entice more girls to work there since no one wants to work if their chargeable rates is only going to be $150/hr.

It used to be that 42G and N5M (and a few others including Ginza) the only ones that had three tier service - Standard $160, Premium $200 and Diamond $230. Management would actively ask customers for feedback on girls and this would impact on whether the girl gets to charge all three tiers, two tiers, one tier only or get kicked out of the establishment. And due to this you would sometimes get lucky in cheaper $150/hr shops as the girls would be very competitive and offer diamond services for such price.

Right now none of the managements seem to give two Fs about the girl's performance. And they're relying on deceptive marketing to rake in business as well.

I guess it's time we don't stick out our dicks so much. I did enjoy the time when I had so many choices of girls offering diamond services in $150 shops, my salary wasn't much at the time but with those prices I was able to get my dick wet weekly.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yep absolutely agree JJ. That shire shop was my go to and 533. There’s a bit of a talent problem for the 150 / 160 shops right now. I think your points are spot on ! Same here too bro, I used to be a once a week’er since it wasn’t a bank breaking issue. That meant I could experiment with shops and girls and find the best ones who would be my regulars. It’s a bit of a struggle to do that now. Less talent at a price that can be a weekly or even fortnightly hobby. And less money coming in my pay packet + higher overheads. Not to mention we are moving to a cashless economy and it makes it hard to hide my little indiscretions. Still worth the effort though

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I might be dreaming but would think that there must be a sweet spot for (older? Chinese?) WGs to offer something for AUD 100/30mins or so. Say in the Haymarket/Ultimo area in Syd. Probably not advertised but if people know, they know? As I said in another thread, I found places doing a HJ only for 70 - 80 bucks (all-in fee) in Haymarket by simply asking, so now looking for the FS version of this!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I think the price hike will have some long term conequences for these shops that are just trying to squeeze out as much as they can in the long run. Punting used to be a forthnightley activity for me for years but i think ill have to do some more casual dating. Usually I'd get my paycheck on the thursday night, and by friday morning i'd be spending my cold hard cash in shops. I could justify the habit because $100+ for a premium level room with a beautiful girl getting your dick wet was a justifable purchase. This would be cheaper than dating in sydney if you account for buying drinks, dinner, petrol in your tank, tread on your tyres, toll and the time it takes to message girls, arange a date and spend sometimes a whole night trying to fuck them.

Now with so many ageing grandmas/inexperienced WL's working in these shops it doesnt have any appeal to me anymore. Shops dont care about quality service anymore. Why would i spend $100+ for sex where the girl doesnt care about her service and the shop wants to kick you out asap once you hand them the money. 2022 was a terrible year of punting for me, the inconsistency of sex in dating is the reason why many of us go to these establishments, but now if im spending triple digit $$$ for a punt that is worse than a one night stand why would i even go anymore. I went punting a total of 5 times and 3 of those punts i ended up leaving early because the service was just so poor. $100+ for guaranteed good sex is fine but My wages have barely gone up, my expenses have doubled and i cant justify this habit anymore. It makes more sense to have one night stands or go overseas with the way shops have priced out many customers.

One last thing is about how even shittier cheaper shops have priced out the consumer. I would regular many sub $60-70 shops that would provide a cheap way for me to get my dick wet even if the girls looked really old and the place looked like a refugee camp. Even these shops are now approaching the $90+ mark?!?!, why would fork out almost a $100 when i could just go to N5M or Ginza for a few more bucks. Even the cheaper joints arnt worth it anymore. This isnt about being stingy or cheap, more so a bad value for money.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Im sure "The Economist" would love to write an piece on the travails of punting inflation, if only it was that risqué.

A NHJ had probably been $50 since about 2005, 0% increase or 0% pa. Shop price used to be $35 for half an hour in 2005 and now it is more like $50 which is 42 percent increase or 2.5% pa inflation which is around the RBA target however since late 2019 inflation has averaged about 3.2% or 15% in total. Wages have probably gone up around 50% since 2007 on average.

I note that at the moment you may get less bang for your buck from a NHJ pineapple. However back in 2005 a $50 NHJ was often pretty hit an miss(no touching, no nipple sucking, DATY etc). NHJ pineapple value really peaked around 2012 for some reason that economists may be able to explain, possibly linked to changes in migration law. We may now look back on the early 2010s as the good old days.

I note that the councils have largely given up trying to manage dodgy massage parlours which has greatly benefitted punters choice. This has also lead to massage joints becoming unregulated brothels where some MLs might be disappointed if you just want a $50 NHJ and hence work on upselling extras to customers. I think that has lead to a loss of the edginess in massage places, made it more robotic.

That said I probably had some of the best NHJs in my life in the last 18 months. I have been very selective. I don't have the budget to cultivate regulars these days but this might be a way to get value from your $50 NHJ. I had a regular several years ago and I noted that more and more was on offer the more I went. It got pretty full on in the end and still only $50 tip.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Boss of one of the cheaper shops told me they put up their prices because everyone else has and they have to pay the girls more because otherwise they'll move to other shops.
    Still only up from $130 to $150 for 45 minutes though. But worth every penny with the right girl

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    The younger and hotter ones have the power to choose the place and the price. We customers and brothel owners are all their mercy. LOL

Too bad I usually don't fall for their charm anymore. I just don't see the value in the dopamine hit like I used to.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My revenge punting post covid has run its course. I don't think I would be punting more at 250-270/hr. In the short term squeezing existing punters for more seems like a sensible financial decision.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    funnily enough, I haven't really seen much inflation in my RNT punts. maybe because I stuck to the few familiar shops where the owner knew me well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast