Thread: When is a Thai massage not a Thai massage? When its 126 Granard Rd.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

When is a Thai massage not a Thai massage? When its 126 Granard Rd.

As one matures (we don’t get old), injuries through sport or misadventure from our younger days can, and do come back to haunt us.

I am presently in that situation.

I have had countless traditional and legitimate Thai massages over the years which have left me invigorated and able to function very well.

Today (30 Dec 2022) I had such a calling for traditional Thai massage with some ‘stress relief’ at the conclusion as the neck, hamstrings and knees were not behaving themselves.

Saw the trusty Locanto ad “ *Archerfield* The best Thai massage”.

To aid in the promotion was E***r, N***y and Al*s – all touted as being from Thailand. I think I’m going to be on a winner here, one of these girls would surely be able to do the Traditional massage.

I rang the establishment twice, on both occasions the line dropped out after a brief exchange of words. So next best thing I drove to the shop to ascertain if my ailing body could be rectified.

I parked in the carpark at the rear of the premises, went to the back door and pressed the bell.

Within a few moments I was greeted by what I perceived to be a LB and an Asian female.

I enquired if ANY of the girls could do the traditional Thai stretching massage as I had some aches and pains which needed remedying and at the conclusion, some “relaxing treatment” – their words from the advertisement. I was seeking a 1 hour session ie 60 minutes.

The female stated ”none of the girls can do Thai massage, you can have hour massage for $90”. Surprisingly their promotion states $60 – 60 minutes, $100 – 90 minutes. I am no accountant but somehow the maths did not add up.

Suffice to say “ kňp kun kráp ”, in my very basic Thai (thank you) gave the 2 handed praying gesture, bowed returned to my vehicle and drove off.

Had some errands to run, business to deal with then in the afternoon visited a Taiwanese masseuse at an establishment close to home, who created the “relaxing treatment” which was wonderful. I am now partaking in some quality wine (purely for medicinal purposes).

The neck, hamstrings and knees are still pining for some genuine love and attention.

Gents, I just get a bit peeved when something is advertised and excuse the pun, push comes to shove, the service as advertised is not provided. Yes it is down to interpretation and I accept that perception.

Yes, I know I am being pedantic, but it just cheeses me off!

Given the opportunity, may I wish to you ALL, a safe, healthy and wealthy 2023 (depends on how many punts).

I have been a participant of this Forum for only a short time, I have thoroughly enjoyed the banter and intel from those involved.

Just a question if anyone can answer, and I don’t mean to be rude, what is the history/story behind Peterpecker and his responses “Edited, edited, edited? Being a newbie I am curious.

Take care ALL!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Very few establishments can deliver on their ads.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If you want a legit thai massage, find a place like Chai Thai.
    If the ads have scantily clad women, maybe know what they are really advertising. Basic massage and extras.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Found a good one who does both Thai traditional and finishes with a super Thai tease and pop.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I’ve had more misses than hits with Aroma Day Thai. Plus too many LB’s on their roster to complicate and confuse things. I don’t bother with them anymore, better shops elsewhere.

If you want proper Thai traditional massage, hit up a Thai place with HICAPS in shopping centre. But you may need to go elsewhere for further “stress relief”. I like to try my luck though, that’s half the fun.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Edited because the service there has dropped off a cliff!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If anyone has some spare coin, the block and the one next to it are up for sale.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    "Just a question if anyone can answer, and I don’t mean to be rude, what is the history/story behind Peterpecker and his responses “Edited, edited, edited? Being a newbie I am curious."

Many thanks Peter - it makes perfect sense.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If you want to travel to the coast there’s 2 excellent Thai massage shops at Paradise Point