Thread: Scam involving brothel

Banned

Scam involving brothel

Did anyone read a news article on News.com.au about a NAB customer losing their entire month's pay to 25 transactions in a Sydney brothel?

A Gold Coast woman was scammed out of her entire pay after some scammer used her details to pay for 25 visits (under $200 per visit) to Pink Lady Private Hotel which is described as "Sydney's hottest brothel" on its website. Anyone visit this place in Drummoyne? The scammer made the first transaction on 10 November at 4.07am (early start for scammer or maybe his penis was lonely).

It appears someone had added a Samsung phone to the woman's card. So I guess the scammer somehow obtained her card details (maybe her card was skimmed at an ATM or details were stolen from online shopping). For the woman, she lost almost $5,000 with NAB not willing to refund the money. This is unusual given that she didn't live in Sydney and it was more likely that a man visited the brothel and not this woman.

Out of all this, the lesson to be learnt is to keep your cards close to you guys and don't let scammers catch you and use your card(s) for their own benefit. If punting, best to use cash.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Pink Lady Private Hotel which is described as "Sydney's hottest brothel" on its website. Anyone visit this place in Drummoyne?
    I have, three years ago: http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...=1#post1888609

Overpriced (then it was $150/hr) and I haven't been back. It's now $250/hr.

Fred

Junior Member(有D料到)
    IMHO police authority can get those cctv from the shop as only used in that shop

Any attempt to add card to your digital wallet (Apple wallet or Samsung wallet) would require verification either via text to registered number of your banking or the banking app itself. The problem is how the card can be added to the scammer’s Samsung phone, as the victim may have been manipulated in authorising this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapamu View Post
    IMHO police authority can get those cctv from the shop as only used in that shop
    Hopefully the shop has kept the footage. Does anyone know how long do shops keep CCTV footage or do they store it to the cloud?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I would assume given the verification process mention above that it would be a 'card present' transaction. These are notoriously difficult to dispute, I believe the go to for the banks is rejection so they weed out the dodgy people just trying to get their money back. She should go to the ombudsman, watch how fast the matter is resolved.

NAB fraud line constantly has a 3 hour wait time...