Thread: First time in Phuket/Thailand

Junior Member(有D料到)

First time in Phuket/Thailand

Finally making my way to Thailand for the first time in the first week of April, Phuket specifically.
    Seeing a lot of posts on Bangkok and Pattaya, with not much for Phuket.

Any advice, suggestions on where to go?
    Anything to look out for/be weary of?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    International Sex guide .........the travelling man's bible. Type into goggle.
    Also Stickman Bangkok
    4FoW2

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I was in Phuket last week. Plenty of action.

Lots of Russians.

Bangla Road in Patong in Phuket is good. Be wary of Lady Boys (katoeys) …cut and uncut…unless that is your preference.

I like a quieter place with a few bars with working girls at the north end of Kata Beach on the main road and the side Sois (side road)..GFEs for a few days are available.

You will have lots of fun.

Banned
    It's more expensive in Patong than in Pattaya. Lots of action around. Yes many ladyboys so don't get tricked by them.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    When you depart Australia make shore you are at the airport 3 hours ahead of time unless you fly business class and have priority check in, and go line up at your check in gate asap,
    customs and security check is very simple have all your electronic devices, power banks in a seperate back pack as you need to empty them into a tray and your power bank is new and clearly labeled as they check its output this is done at both departure ends here in Australia and in Thailand
    Phuket airport to Patong beach is like 36kms away, just book a private car transfer at the airport, a black toyota Camry is fine, after a long day and a 9 hour flight of drinking you don't want to be in a taxi or a bus,
    Your hotel has a travel desk, great for finding out information for day trips, but never book with them as they are expensive, so find one in the street and compare the prices, normally they do a two for 1 price in the brochure

for your girly fun find a fishbowl or soapy massage place first, they are fixed priced and a great intro, than move on to freelances and gogo girls later once you understand the prices, and make shore your hotel is thai Guest friendly and they don't try to charge you an extra fee, security can be scummy as they try to pocket extra money,
    on Bangla Rd always check the prices of drinks on the board outside the venue, take a photo on your phone, they will swap the prices on the bill so make shore you don't drink too much, ladyboy shows drinks can be expensive, an easy $100 for 2 drinks, for 2 people, gogo bars free entry but drinks can be over price, these venues give a cup and put your bill on a docket and you pay when you have finished, so always check before you pay,
    i prefer to buy my drinks from 7/11 and have a few cold ones on the hotel room balcony,
    with restaurants find ones that do traditional thai food, the food is cheap and the best,

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good advice OS.

This last trip I used “Bolt” for transportation…..similar to Uber and Grab. The prices are a bitter bit cheaper and the cars/SUVs are clean. They are also clear on where you are going.

Power Banks are limited to 10,000 and must be in your carry on luggage.

Alcohol can only be purchased during certain hours from 7/11.

Have a great trip.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    thanks Lookha, in October i went to Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Koh Samui,
    Bangkok i use the airport limo, 1200 baht didn't want to line up for taxis after a long flight of drinking plus i had my GF with me, and than walked or used cabs in the city
    in Chiang Mai i rented a car, as i had an international drivers licence which i got from Services NSW as i stayed at the Chantra Khiri Chalet hotel in the mountains, roads are very easy to drive, just need patients, traffic in the city area and freeway was like Parramatta very easy and organised, but you need a car if you want to travel around like go to the night zoo or temples
    Kho Samut i just got the private mini bus they have at the airport, as everything is close, and than used the hotel shuttle bus, or walked if i wanted to go some where, but took a private driver at night to fishermans wharf as i had a big night of drinking

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD SNAKE View Post
    thanks Lookha, in October i went to Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Koh Samui,
    Bangkok i use the airport limo, 1200 baht didn't want to line up for taxis after a long flight of drinking plus i had my GF with me, and than walked or used cabs in the city
    in Chiang Mai i rented a car, as i had an international drivers licence which i got from Services NSW as i stayed at the Chantra Khiri Chalet hotel in the mountains, roads are very easy to drive, just need patients, traffic in the city area and freeway was like Parramatta very easy and organised, but you need a car if you want to travel around like go to the night zoo or temples
    Kho Samut i just got the private mini bus they have at the airport, as everything is close, and than used the hotel shuttle bus, or walked if i wanted to go some where, but took a private driver at night to fishermans wharf as i had a big night of drinking
    My last trip in November i caught the train from Bangkok airport to Nana station, it was fast and cheap i will definitely do the same in April. The only downside is dragging your bag along street to hotel.

Exchange rate not what it was… slowly getting better but I’m expecting it get worse if this impending recession talk is true. Lady drinks can get expensive especially in Bangkok

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Sometimes the lady will order two drinks. ( tequila plus a chaser). I generally check. Stickman says bar girls attitudes and behaviours are changing. They are also looking for quick turnarounds on bar fines and lady drinks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    Sometimes the lady will order two drinks. ( tequila plus a chaser). I generally check. Stickman says bar girls attitudes and behaviours are changing. They are also looking for quick turnarounds on bar fines and lady drinks.
    Always pay the bill straight away. Never let the drink tab pile up because this is how they can scam you by claiming you owe them more than what you actually saw delivered to your table.

Yes really good too. My bill got to 1800 one night and I know I looked like a tightass in front of the girls but I asked straight away to just give me the number so I knew how far I’d gone in. Didn’t mind paying all this as the girls were giving me HJ under my shorts and letting me rub them under their panties but I knew my bill was stacking up. Ended up paying 5000 at the end which included a threeway in the back VIP room.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Tip fellows. Stop paying multiple LD's. Remember although girls have a monthly quota of LD's they have to reach here is a better way. First 1 LD for mamasan. Then only 2 LD's for girl. When you order say that it is only 1 drink, some as stated will try to give you 2. It is not rude to ask how much before you order too. No you don't look like a cheap Charlie, just not a sucker. When drink comes peruse the check bin. Now here comes the strategy, slip 200 baht under the table to the girl. Tell her no more LD's. Now you have just paid half her rent for the week or 3/4 couple of meals. She is not going to leave you stranded because she knows its better to stay in hope of a sale than begin again with a possible new customer. Remember girls don't get barfined every night. Mamasan drink is insurance to be left alone. Try it it works.

Hey 170, if you got 2 girls plus 2 bar fines plus VIP room rent for 5k I recon you got a bargin, what club?
    Suppose you got a discount due to you 1800 bar tab?
    Puff Puff Prof

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Tip fellows. Stop paying multiple LD's. Remember although girls have a monthly quota of LD's they have to reach here is a better way. First 1 LD for mamasan. Then only 2 LD's for girl. When you order say that it is only 1 drink, some as stated will try to give you 2. It is not rude to ask how much before you order too. No you don't look like a cheap Charlie, just not a sucker. When drink comes peruse the check bin. Now here comes the strategy, slip 200 baht under the table to the girl. Tell her no more LD's. Now you have just paid half her rent for the week or 3/4 couple of meals. She is not going to leave you stranded because she knows its better to stay in hope of a sale than begin again with a possible new customer. Remember girls don't get barfined every night. Mamasan drink is insurance to be left alone. Try it it works.

Hey 170, if you got 2 girls plus 2 bar fines plus VIP room rent for 5k I recon you got a bargin, what club?
    Puff Puff Prof
    Yes slipping the 200 0r eben 500 baht wil not hurt if you are there for couple of hours. The girls may only get less than half of the lady drinks. Not been to Thailand but in Manila if the beer was 200PHP th elasy drink was 300 and the girls were only getting 100.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    It’s about having fun with your friends and the with ladies in the bars and getting extras. I try not to drink too much alcohol (can affect performance and number of shots). I try not buy too many lady drinks. It’s easy to spend too much much money. However bar hopping is not a spectator sport.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnisfun1969 View Post
    Yes slipping the 200 0r eben 500 baht wil not hurt if you are there for couple of hours. The girls may only get less than half of the lady drinks. Not been to Thailand but in Manila if the beer was 200PHP th elasy drink was 300 and the girls were only getting 100.
    Prof is right ....I have been told by bargirls they only get 40 baht per lady drink and its in their contract that they have to get so many a week or else they get fined or they can even be booted. They have a BF quota too.
    To me 500 is way too much but hey its your money. I,have in the past, consistently got 600/700BF, girl 1500/2000 plus drinks 700 - this usually puts me at between 3k - 4k per night which is $124- 165 AD. This is in Bangkok, Pattaya a little less, Phuket about the same or slightly more, some places like Hua Hin I can get ST 1000 + BF 400 + drinks 500 -so for under $100AD I'm a happy camper. Of course in HH you can double up.
    4FoW2

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Puff Puff Prof
    Good tips there. Was 1500 each for the girls to go VIP and 1800 for the drinks (including mine) so 4800 total. PM me and I’ll let you know where lol