Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ingrown hairs after waxing - treatment?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Where did you go for lasering? These types of places seem a lot more "formal" than waxing shops.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussieguyinsf View Post
    Stilll have the bumps so I bit the bullet today and got lasered. Nice Asian therapist gave me a hard on in the preshave.
    Being a crossfit buff I realised that high testosterone and laser doesn't go well with each other. Laser will effectively slow down new growth and efficiently remove very thin hairs but any existing thick hairs will always grow back. Electrolysis might be better but I haven't tried. I tried laser and been going for sessions almost 6 months with only 10% reduction.

I tried epilation which is not as painful as waxing and I got the same bump issues. I find that cinnamon scrubs work better than plastic exfoliators as the active ingredient actually helps to unclog pores. Clogged up pores are the reasons why ingrown hair happens, and most exfoliators only take out the top layer of dead skin.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Theres an antibacterial cream called bactrobran you can get from GP thats good for it. If you wanna know more about it try googling

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussieguyinsf View Post
    Stilll have the bumps so I bit the bullet today and got lasered. Nice Asian therapist gave me a hard on in the preshave.
    Where you are going for laser? Mind share?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yowser View Post
    Theres an antibacterial cream called bactrobran you can get from GP thats good for it. If you wanna know more about it try googling
    Cinnamon scrub works as well. The active ingredient cinnamaldehyde is an antibacterial that kills off infections and also unclogs pores. Good for skin that's prone to sebum overproduction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12