Thread: I think I need to stop

Senior Member(無間使者)

I think I need to stop

Not sure if this happens to others but I just had a shop I’m fairly regular at message me to ask if I was coming in tonight. Was actually going to but got stuffed around by the ex so am on daddy duty.

So this has me thinking that maybe I’m punting a bit too much when the shops start reaching out when they haven’t seen me in a few days

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Mate, it's a sign of the times. If shops are reaching out to you, it's because they need the business.
    I've recently punted at a place that I haven't been in a while and the mamasan really thanked me for coming in. At the time I was the only punter in the shop.
    Times are getting tough financially. Bro's have other priorities and necessities before punting. That is certainly the case for me. I've cut down to once per fortnight. 12 months ago I was punting atleast once per week, sometimes twice.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    time to ban and block that number, save the money you would use for punting and take a holiday,

Banned
    Shops will reach out to their regulars in times of slow business. Girls don't want to be sitting around and making no money while shops need to keep their girls happy and busy or they'll go to other shops.

If you're planning in returning to the shop then blocking their number might not be the best move. Next time speak to the mamasan and request that they don't call you in the future. You'll call them when you're free.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chariot View Post
    Im different.
    I have a burner phone
    I would never ever text on my home related phone. That is playing with fire so hot it melts lives

With a burner phone, I welcome texts from shops
    I much prefer to deal with shops that want my money and patronage, rather than a shop that acts like it doesn't want repeat business
    What surprises me is how few shops will text me after a punt. I have just spent over $200 at your store on a discretionary spend, and you don't need to see me again. Strange.

In your case if you don't want them contacting you, why don't you just text them after you punt to say, please don't text me as this is a home related phone

Remember you have given the shop your number, and they are a business
    How do you explain to your wife why you need a second phone? And if she isn't meant to know about it, how confident are you that she'd never find it? Even if you've got it locked, just having a second phone unbeknownst to her makes you suspicious as fark.

Remember, this is a physical device you're talking about. There's nothing in this world that can completely conceal it. Software, on the other hand, can do it effectively. This is why I never use a second device and rely on software features and mutually agreed privacy instead.

This is a huge subject that others have covered. Without a burner phone you will eventually be caught

A woman can find out cheating within one minute if they access your phone
    Did you read about cricketer Michael Clarke recently? Your life can be f- and turned inside out and sideways when your partner asks to see your phone
    Even if she respects you privacy, your life will be turned upside down when you get an unexpected text saying 'Miss you' or 'shop has new girl'. It will

A woman can find her way around your phone quicker than you can say 'please, what are you doing?'

There are many many ways to deal with 2 phones
    There are zero ways to deal with your secrets once your phone has been accessed. Ask Michael
    Yeah, nah, I'll stick to my own tried and trusted methods, thank you very much. Been punting 27 years now, only time I was "caught" was when I wanted a divorce and came clean with it. Even then it didn't work, she still tried to continue.

I've said my piece. You're playing with fire by having a real physical evidence somewhere, any where. Do so at your own risk.

Fair point

You are lucky you get away with punting on your own phone. I bet others have been burnt, but you must have a very trusting partner and must be very careful with your texting and calls. What software do you use if you don't mind the question?

I have a career where work provides mobile phone for employees use. So it's easy to explain. I mainly leave it in car and use it away from home. Im not in stable relationship and a few girlfriends in the past have definitely asked to play on my phone, so my situation is way different to yours

My advice is to more novice punters who are in less stable relationships where partners may be curious to check phones. Are there other punters in this situation?

I have never had to admit to punting ever. No one has ever seen the phone evidence
    I don't get away with it. My wife knows I punt. She was with me, one of my then GFs, when I went bat-shit crazy for a good few years with a devil may care attitude. I didn't care what any girl or lady who was with me knew that I punted and fucked around.

Now the arrangement between us is, as long as I don't make it personal, don't make it too obvious, and the punting doesn't get in the way of family life, she turns a blind eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I don't get away with it. My wife knows I punt. She was with me, one of my then GFs, when I went bat-shit crazy for a good few years with a devil may care attitude. I didn't care what any girl or lady who was with me knew that I punted and fucked around.

Now the arrangement between us is, as long as I don't make it personal, don't make it too obvious, and the punting doesn't get in the way of family life, she turns a blind eye.
    I do still sometimes go out of my way to make it "not obvious".

I only have to worry about 3 channels. SMS, calls and WeChat.

On iPhone for SMS, I would "mute" all incoming SMS from punting contacts, eg. MLs, WLs, and shops. Once muted, you would only see messages they send you when you deliberately bring up the chat with that contact.

On WeChat, there's the hide chat function that you can use to do the same thing.

Calls are tricky. Only way to avoid leaving a trail is by deleting that call from the call history, but I rarely use voice calls anyway.

Having said that, my wife is not the type that would scroll through my phone contents like a CSI investigator. If you're hitched with one of those, I'd suggest much better protection!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post

With respect I don;t think your situation is one that applies to those who are hiding their activities from their wives/partners.

Even though I am what you what you would call an emeritus fucking god when it comes to computers it only takes a slip to leave your phone vulnerable to prying eyes.
    Partners are even suspicious if you have any pw protected apps or folders so for me a burner phone is just simple and close to 100% foolproof.
    Use an old phone not a current model and you can easily claim it is an oldie and you cannot remember the login code if it is found and it won;t cause you any drama 'cos it aint your real phone.
    The very nature of a burner is that it is a throw away phone.

Look do whatever you find the best for you.

For me burner phone (I actually have 3 burners) kept on low to no charge and I only use it when my partner is not around.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Don't use burner phone but found it amusing when I called regular shop. They assumed I'm gonna book with regular girl. I was surprised they know that.
    I guess they remembered my number or have it saved on their phone.
    And another time when I called up they seem busy so I missed called.
    Not long after they called me back for a booking. Was surprised they do that

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
    Not sure if this happens to others but I just had a shop I’m fairly regular at message me to ask if I was coming in tonight. Was actually going to but got stuffed around by the ex so am on daddy duty.

So this has me thinking that maybe I’m punting a bit too much when the shops start reaching out when they haven’t seen me in a few days
    Seems like a half decent business strategy whether they need the business or not. I mean the advertising industry works on the same premise, keep the brand in the consumers head because they'll remember your brand over others when the time comes for that discretionary spend.