Thread: The RAMA roughie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Fans (忠實Fans)

The RAMA roughie

Sadly, for those that are not aware, the racing form expert Deane Lester passed away late last night, 16th February 2023. For those that understand the title name then you will be well aware of Deane. For those that find this strange, this was the name given to his tip on every friday morning, firstly at 3UZ and then when the station was rebranded as RSN927. And it has become an institution in Melbourne and heard throughout Australia on all racing stations. The name RAMA came from the nickname of a much loved Essendon AFL player, Adam Ramanauskas, who was much loved by many for all the difficulties that plagued his own career. Hence, the RAMA roughie was coined, and hoped that it would strive as hard as it's namesake. The late Deane Lester was an icon as a racing tipster and a true australian larriken that lived a life of horse racing and punting. The punting that those of us born in the 50's and 60's knew as punting, before the aussie slang gave it a new lean. I never had the pleasure of meeting Deane however I lost a great part of my life last night. Not being able to hear his voice on radio or use his tips will be strange new world for a while. So, after listening to many say today that we need a legacy to continue, I am suggesting that I post the RAMA roughie each Friday for all those that would like a punt and openly encourage any other OP that feels they to have a roughie for the team. The RAMA roughie will be The roughie and everything else will be My roughie. For those that wonder if this is an appropriate, for those that have never heard of Deane Lester, google will help. Deano will always be remembered.
    The RAMA roughie 18/2/23
    Melb R9 No 11 Hello Broadcast
    My RAMA roughie
    Melb R1 No 13 Daily Bugle
    Giddy Up
    Last edited by trampslikeus55; 17-02-2023 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Error