Thread: The RAMA roughie

Quote Originally Posted by trampslikeus55 View Post
    The RAMA roughie 1/4/23
    Melbourne R6 No 7 Highland Hill
    My roughie
    Melbourne R8 No 1 Inspirational Girl
    Betting W +3.5 P +3.5
    Giddy Up
    Love a top weight roughie. Good luck. I will have a look later tonight. Love race days like tomorrow! When you say betting and +x.x is this × your normal betting unit?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    Love a top weight roughie. Good luck. I will have a look later tonight. Love race days like tomorrow! When you say betting and +x.x is this × your normal betting unit?
    Good punting on a Super Saturday 💪💪
    The Betting is just the return for the RAMA roughie. It is done as a unit of 1, not a $ value. You are the determiner of the unit. So at present if you were Betting $10 E/W per week you would be $85.00 in front. I made an error with last week's place win so I have raised it by 2.5 and not 1. Correction made.
    As for my Betting strategies, we are a lot alike. I was a long time doubles player but the pools have been evaporating over the years, so now I am with the mob. Mainly multi win or multi place. I subscribe to Oz Racing (David Gately) and mainly bet in Melbourne. I also tend to wait and load up on track/racing patterns happening on the day. This was truly where Deane Lester shined. BDU wrote in an earlier piece about picking the right horse on the right day and that has a lot of merit. Reality dictates that form is about what the horse has done lastly or before. The ability to understand what the horse will do next will get you the results. And finally, a lot of horses that should have won, don't, either through field luck or a bad ride. This is why rather than cursing your judgement you watch replies and see what when wrong. Perfect example is Flourescent Star. Would have won by 2, but the human error put the jockey in hospital and killed the horse. Just tragic. Good luck and good punting 🐎🐎

Good punting on a Super Saturday 💪💪
    The Betting is just the return for the RAMA roughie. It is done as a unit of 1, not a $ value. You are the determiner of the unit. So at present if you were Betting $10 E/W per week you would be $85.00 in front. I made an error with last week's place win so I have raised it by 2.5 and not 1. Correction made.
    As for my Betting strategies, we are a lot alike. I was a long time doubles player but the pools have been evaporating over the years, so now I am with the mob. Mainly multi win or multi place. I subscribe to Oz Racing (David Gately) and mainly bet in Melbourne. I also tend to wait and load up on track/racing patterns happening on the day. This was truly where Deane Lester shined. BDU wrote in an earlier piece about picking the right horse on the right day and that has a lot of merit. Reality dictates that form is about what the horse has done lastly or before. The ability to understand what the horse will do next will get you the results. And finally, a lot of horses that should have won, don't, either through field luck or a bad ride. This is why rather than cursing your judgement you watch replies and see what when wrong. Perfect example is Flourescent Star. Would have won by 2, but the human error put the jockey in hospital and killed the horse. Just tragic. Good luck and good punting 🐎🐎
    I started learning how to frame a market about 30 years ago. I only concentrated on Saturday meetings in Sydney and Melbourne, occasionally Brisbane and Adelaide. I would have to keep an eye on mid-week city results and big provincial and country meetings. Much like BDU/Soton said, pure form analysis works best with higher quality racing.

With the help of technology, what took me 8 hours back then I can do in about an hour these days. I am essentially looking for horses paying more than I rate them and generally looking at my top two or three raters, occasionally wider in bog fields for each way and exotic bets. I also frame a market at 80-90%, so when I am looking at prices from bookmakers or TAB, I know I am getting value because their market is framed at 115% plus.

With that in mind, I don't get the opportunity to back roughies too often if I follow the letter of the law. Markets are much tighter these days too. Also, my methods generally reap 3 or 4 worthy bets most days. Sometimes, if I get odds of say $3.50, then that could be tremendous value if I rate them a $2.30 chance.

Getting back to top weights or No1 in a field, I wouldn't stop anyone betting on these ones at Randwick tomorrow, all good value in my eyes.

R3. No1 Stockman $9.00
    R7. No1 Nature Strip $5.50
    R8. No1 Alligator Blood $10.00

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The RAMA roughie 22/4/23
    Hawkesbury Race 8 No 4 Tycoon Evie
    My roughie
    Mornington Race 8 No 4 Gear Up
    Betting W 2.5 P 2.5
    Giddy Up

Been quiet but RSN had Easter off [?] and last week was scratched. Tipster last couple of weeks has been David Gately and so we have Sydney horses. Tip is now at 8/1 so not so roughie but hopefully a winner anyway. Happy punting to all 👍

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The RAMA roughie 29/4/23
    Melbourne Race 4 No 2 Castillian
    My roughie
    Melbourne Race 10 No 10 Cuban Link
    Betting W 1.5 P 1.5
    Giddy Up 🐎🐎🐎

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The RAMA roughie 6/5/23
    Melbourne Race 5 No 10 Thought Provoking.
    My roughie.
    Melbourne Race 6 No 11 Grey Northern
    Betting W 0.5 P 0.5
    Giddy Up 🐎🐎🐎

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Did I see you say you were using David Gately tips?
    Probably the least knowledgable of the quartet at Sky and rarely tips anything over 6-1.

I know it is easy to write what I do without giving you tips to prove it so the next best thing is a bet receipt from Sunday. It was believe it or not the only bet I took on sunday. I would not normally have so many short priced runners but Seydoux and Tallu were london to brick chances that I could not ignore.bet.jpg

As for last Saturday I decided to do something I do not normally do and that was to back all my on top selections at Gosford,Sandown, Morphettville and Sunshine Coast (unless they were 5's or under) just to prove a point to myself. Ending up being an expensive day with my normal Trifectas,Quinellas and Quaddies as well I outlayed around $500.
    That was $10 on the nose on approx 32 races and $30 on my best bet plus the aforementioned exotics.
    Collected $2200 from the Win bets and another $500+ from the exotics. My best bet was Chassis and I managed to get Fixed odds of 30-1. Also backed Esti Feny (34) and Pintoff (14) and Chrysaor (12) and Alburq (9) and a fair few others.
    Funnily enough I originally left out Chrysaor and Alburq 'cos I thought they would start well under 5's.

So a 650% return on tips. Compare that to Brad Davidson who thinks he is the king because he has about a 14% return. Sunday was as you can see a $28 outlay for a $2100 return - 750% return.
    Before you ask, no it is not a one off either. I gamble for fun and with small investments and enjoy the thrill of a big win for little outlay. I do not gamble to specifically make money.
    Love is like a flower, you gotta let it grow

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good work Soton.
    Makes me feel the need to get in the act.

Scone R10 Sat - Salire is almost a put in take out chance. Barring any track bias as he really gets back and flies home. Quinella it with Cecilia.

BTW I'll vote for Flindell as the worst of the four he talked up Azula on Wednesday and made a pretty good case for it to be a cert then tipped it 4th. Luckily I already had it at 12-1 started 7's.

He also pays way more attention to his tips in the call than he needs to. Just call the race pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Soton View Post
    Did I see you say you were using David Gately tips?
    Probably the least knowledgable of the quartet at Sky and rarely tips anything over 6-1.

I know it is easy to write what I do without giving you tips to prove it so the next best thing is a bet receipt from Sunday. It was believe it or not the only bet I took on sunday. I would not normally have so many short priced runners but Seydoux and Tallu were london to brick chances that I could not ignore.bet.jpg

As for last Saturday I decided to do something I do not normally do and that was to back all my on top selections at Gosford,Sandown, Morphettville and Sunshine Coast (unless they were 5's or under) just to prove a point to myself. Ending up being an expensive day with my normal Trifectas,Quinellas and Quaddies as well I outlayed around $500.
    That was $10 on the nose on approx 32 races and $30 on my best bet plus the aforementioned exotics.
    Collected $2200 from the Win bets and another $500+ from the exotics. My best bet was Chassis and I managed to get Fixed odds of 30-1. Also backed Esti Feny (34) and Pintoff (14) and Chrysaor (12) and Alburq (9) and a fair few others.
    Funnily enough I originally left out Chrysaor and Alburq 'cos I thought they would start well under 5's.

So a 650% return on tips. Compare that to Brad Davidson who thinks he is the king because he has about a 14% return. Sunday was as you can see a $28 outlay for a $2100 return - 750% return.
    Before you ask, no it is not a one off either. I gamble for fun and with small investments and enjoy the thrill of a big win for little outlay. I do not gamble to specifically make money.
    That picture you posted looks like all the horse racing bet scam posts you get on social media feeds if you show an interest in horse racing, promising free tips and the like if you subscribe. All BS. I would bet a lot of money if you actually started announcing your tips before the fact your strike rate would fall dramatically.

it's probably best to keep them to yourself in that dreamworld you live in. You make betting on horses like shelling peas........

Senior Member(無間使者)
    That picture you posted looks like all the horse racing bet scam posts you get on social media feeds if you show an interest in horse racing, promising free tips and the like if you subscribe. All BS. I would bet a lot of money if you actually started announcing your tips before the fact your strike rate would fall dramatically.

it's probably best to keep them to yourself in that dreamworld you live in. You make betting on horses like shelling peas........
    Yep my dreamworld that includes bet receipts as proof....lol....better get that tomato sauce analysed next time you have a burger......cannot be too sure how real it is.

It is a shared receipt of a bet slip out of Sportsbet.
    You are just one of those people that wants life handed to him on a plate. I mean seriously...
    Why on earth would I share my tips with you?
    Just posted it to prove a point but some people just cannot be satisfied I guess.

Mate if I posted all my tips u would seriously cream your panties. Very rare I do not have at least one 25s + winner every day.
    My secret is simple but very hard to replicate.
    IQ over 210
    Analytical and logical genius
    Photographic memory
    50 year understanding of horse behaviour
    50 year in depth knowledge of corruption in racing
    More common sense than the entire population of Canberra.
    If only my dick was a bit bigger.....

BTW Bdu and I do know each other, dating thai sisters for starters but John Edward is not my second handle. Keep trying and u might find it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The RAMA roughie 13/5/23
    Melbourne Race 1 No Nineveh
    My roughie
    Melbourne Race 4 No 3 Flash Feeling
    Betting W -0.5 P +2.5
    Giddy Up 🐎🐎🐎

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Just to clarify your question Soton. The RAMA roughie is/was a institution in Melbourne/Victoria for nearly 20 years under Deane Lester. Since his passing the tipster has changed a couple of times. I think RSN has settled on Mark Hunter for now. He was on holidays for a couple of weeks and David Gately subbed in. He tipped Sydney horses on both occasions. He deemed these to be his best so no problems from the station.
    Good luck with your punting also. I have been in the game for nearly 60 years also and whilst the wins are always good I mainly punt now for the enjoyment. I love all things about racing, so I try not to lose to much money. I don't want my hobby killed with poverty 👍

Yep my dreamworld that includes bet receipts as proof....lol....better get that tomato sauce analysed next time you have a burger......cannot be too sure how real it is.

It is a shared receipt of a bet slip out of Sportsbet.
    You are just one of those people that wants life handed to him on a plate. I mean seriously...
    Why on earth would I share my tips with you?
    Just posted it to prove a point but some people just cannot be satisfied I guess.

Mate if I posted all my tips u would seriously cream your panties. Very rare I do not have at least one 25s + winner every day.
    My secret is simple but very hard to replicate.
    IQ over 210
    Analytical and logical genius
    Photographic memory
    50 year understanding of horse behaviour
    50 year in depth knowledge of corruption in racing
    More common sense than the entire population of Canberra.
    If only my dick was a bit bigger.....

BTW Bdu and I do know each other, dating thai sisters for starters but John Edward is not my second handle. Keep trying and u might find it.
    Hahaha, whatever you say, Soton, BDU, Ghalib, whatever you want to call yourself.

For the record, I said previously I wouldn't pay any attention to your tips, I enjoy analysing the form and picking a winner all by myself.
    Such a shame a guy with an IQ over 210 and a photographic memory can't even remember to logon to the right profile to reply to threads. Also a pity an intellectual bohemath that you tell us you are would waste it talking absolute rubbish on an anonymous online forum. You are full of shit.

Banned
    You can add at least a dozen usernames to that lot, all related..........

Senior Member(無間使者)
    For the record, I said previously I wouldn't pay any attention to your tips, I enjoy analysing the form and picking a winner all by myself.
    Such a shame a guy with an IQ over 210 and a photographic memory can't even remember to logon to the right profile to reply to threads. Also a pity an intellectual bohemath that you tell us you are would waste it talking absolute rubbish on an anonymous online forum. You are full of shit.
    What a sad angry little fella you are.
    I simply posted a bet receipt to prove I was not just talking out my ass and u decide to launch a raft of personal attacks as a result.

Yes I know u said u would ignore my tips and I encouraged you to do so. You do realise there are other people on this forum besides you.....right....or is it your strict catholic upbringing that has caused all these issues and belief that u r the one.
    FTR I have not said anything untrue to the best of my knowledge on this forum.
    Why the he'll would I , there is precious little chance of an intelligent discourse judging by your carry on.

Please stop bothering me and hijacking others posts to rant and rave at me.
    If you do not appreciate my posts do not read them and do not reply.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Just to clarify your question Soton. The RAMA roughie is/was a institution in Melbourne/Victoria for nearly 20 years under Deane Lester. Since his passing the tipster has changed a couple of times. I think RSN has settled on Mark Hunter for now. He was on holidays for a couple of weeks and David Gately subbed in. He tipped Sydney horses on both occasions. He deemed these to be his best so no problems from the station.
    Good luck with your punting also. I have been in the game for nearly 60 years also and whilst the wins are always good I mainly punt now for the enjoyment. I love all things about racing, so I try not to lose to much money. I don't want my hobby killed with poverty 👍
    Cheers tramps. It is a great hobby and that is why I only bet small even if it seems I could win much more.
    Been there and done that and found that the more I outlay the more I worry about having to get a return. I would also hate to have a few bad weeks in a row and end up thousands out of pocket.
    I am very comfortable betting 4 to 6 dollars per race and a few straight bets on my best bets.
    Means sometimes I could pick 5 or more winners on the card and still lose but not my shirt.

Love going to the races to and watching how other punters act.

What a sad angry little fella you are.
    I simply posted a bet receipt to prove I was not just talking out my ass and u decide to launch a raft of personal attacks as a result.

Yes I know u said u would ignore my tips and I encouraged you to do so. You do realise there are other people on this forum besides you.....right....or is it your strict catholic upbringing that has caused all these issues and belief that u r the one.
    FTR I have not said anything untrue to the best of my knowledge on this forum.
    Why the he'll would I , there is precious little chance of an intelligent discourse judging by your carry on.

Please stop bothering me and hijacking others posts to rant and rave at me.
    If you do not appreciate my posts do not read them and do not reply.
    Awwww, sorry for hurting your feelings. I just find someone hard to believe on here with anything they say when they post something on a thread then logon with another profile to validate it. A man of your immense intelligence should see the logic and commonsense in that.

I am done with you too, I don't want to hear anything more from you, nor your alter-egos and I won't respond nor read any of your posts in the future. I have made my point.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The RAMA roughie 20/5/23
    Melbourne R2 No 6 Free Willed
    My roughie
    Adelaide R8 No 12
    Frankie Pinot
    Betting W -1.5 P +1.5
    Giddy Up 🐎🐎🐎

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Hi guys. This tip today is no longer a good price. When selected yesterday morning it was $12. Since then the favourite has been sratched and rain has downgraded the track with more rain predicted. It is into $5. I selected my pick in Adelaide because that track will be heavy by R8. Good punting but tread warily with the weather down south 🌧🌧👍
    Last edited by trampslikeus55; 20-05-2023 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

Interesting runner in the Doomben Cup today. I will have a bit each way on it and put in exotics with the favourite.

Currently paying around $15.00

Doomben R7 - No.11 Duais.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast