Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raid on Monday?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Yes, VISA checks are true. One ML I used to see was on bridging visa (awaiting student visa), wasn't allowed to work but worked, was working in fear. She got her student visa recently.
    By the way looking at some cheap credit card piss-weak clowns here, wanted to add my cents

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpitt View Post
    Let's clarify the meaning of "raid".

A visa compliance check is just a sensible part of doing business in Aust.

A "raid" should at least have a "search warrant" and actual detectives. And the temporary closure of the business.

What doesn't constitute a raid in these forums are :

Work visa checks
    ATO tax compliance checks
    Some sex worker group visiting to drop leaflets

And a raid wouldn't take 5 days of rumour to find out if it actually happened. It would be on the news as QPS would want to leverage for all it's worth.

so in reality, business as usual.
    Agree totally Brad. Also if it were a 'visa compliance raid', QPS would be accompanied by Aust Border Force who would be in a position to check visas immediately and take the required action.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Network says raid did happen on Mon. QPS only. Normal operations the next day and all week. Maybe the "Clayton's" raid.
    4FoW2

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I’ve heard raids are happening .. normally you find girls will leave shops after if raided.

Either scared or they been charged going court no big deal just a fine but even if no conviction recorded it still comes up on police certificate when they apply for new visa also visa gets cancelled due to that new thing in visa conditions of the character test .

As for punters I was caught at shop raid once went court $500 fine no conviction but last job I went for wanted do police check and still shows up on your record

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Massageloverbris View Post
    I’ve heard raids are happening .. normally you find girls will leave shops after if raided.

Either scared or they been charged going court no big deal just a fine but even if no conviction recorded it still comes up on police certificate when they apply for new visa also visa gets cancelled due to that new thing in visa conditions of the character test .

As for punters I was caught at shop raid once went court $500 fine no conviction but last job I went for wanted do police check and still shows up on your record
    Oh your story is true? That's not fair for punters to be fined if i am just receiving a massage in a massage shop unless being caught in the middle of sex behaviors.

We are doing our best to help booming the local business and creating job opportunities. If no solid evidence that you are having sex in shop without license, can not understand why the customer would get penalty.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by weaknet View Post
    Oh your story is true? That's not fair for punters to be fined if i am just receiving a massage in a massage shop unless being caught in the middle of sex behaviors.

We are doing our best to help booming the local business and creating job opportunities. If no solid evidence that you are having sex in shop without license, can not understand why the customer would get penalty.
    And even if you were caught during sexual acts, prosecution would have to prove that money changed hands. I don't know.....Massageloverbris must have had lousy legal representation (or done a lousy job himself at court....).

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    You guys need to read up on Qld Prostitution laws. You only need to be found on premises without a valid excuse and you can be charged. If you are a plumber and you were there fixing a blocked toilet, you have a valid reason and won't be charged. If you were found just sitting in reception just waiting for an appointment, even if nothing has yet happened and no money has changed hands, then you may be charged for being on the premises of an illegal brothel. You don't need to be caught in the act.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye96 View Post
    You guys need to read up on Qld Prostitution laws. You only need to be found on premises without a valid excuse and you can be charged. If you are a plumber and you were there fixing a blocked toilet, you have a valid reason and won't be charged. If you were found just sitting in reception just waiting for an appointment, even if nothing has yet happened and no money has changed hands, then you may be charged for being on the premises of an illegal brothel. You don't need to be caught in the act.
    Again, prosecution would have to prove that you could have been reasonably expected to know that it was an 'illegal brothel'. You visited a massage shop to get a massage.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If you a caught on a premise which conducts illegal sexual service you can be charged . A under cover comes in ask for extra in room or reception if he gets the answers yes we do that bang he calls police rest come in shop like what happened to me . Now you want fight it fine cost you $3 4 k for lawyer pleas not guilty go trial and take your chance also if a media outlet picks it up on a slow news day maybe have your name in media . Best plead guilty cop a small fine but like I said leaves a stain on your record even though no conviction recorded

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by VFlowers View Post
    Again, prosecution would have to prove that you could have been reasonably expected to know that it was an 'illegal brothel'. You visited a massage shop to get a massage.
    We seem to be talking about 2 different things here. You are talking about prosecution, which means you have already been charged. So yes, being found guilty is probably not so cut and dry. But as Massageloverbris has stated, would you really want to be forking out thousands in legal costs, when pleading guilty will probably only result in a small fine. I guess it depends on what your life and job situation is. Even being charged these days can ruin your life, because mud sticks. You don't actually need to be found guilty of anything.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye96 View Post
    We seem to be talking about 2 different things here. You are talking about prosecution, which means you have already been charged. So yes, being found guilty is probably not so cut and dry. But as Massageloverbris has stated, would you really want to be forking out thousands in legal costs, when pleading guilty will probably only result in a small fine. I guess it depends on what your life and job situation is. Even being charged these days can ruin your life, because mud sticks. You don't actually need to be found guilty of anything.
    Your last sentence is actually very true, and I have a friend and colleague who essentially lost his career because a shitload of mud was thrown at him, and it didn't really seem to matter that later he won every of his cases in court (not related to sex industry and illegal brothels).
    I guess in the end it depends what is more important to someone: a clean record or avoidance of attention and/or publicity.
    But my point is: Law enforcement has to prove that you have committed an offence or crime. One ML providing a sexual service in a massage shop does not automatically turn the shop into an illegal brothel, as an illegal gun deal going on in a dark corner of a pub does not make the pub an illegal gun dealership. Someone being present in a massage shop where some ML might secretly offer sexual services does not automatically mean that this someone is looking or paying for such services. They have to prove that a MS is an illegal brothel, that the customer knew that, and that they were there to receive illegal sexual services in exchange for money.

Btw, whatever fine/ticket I get, I ALWAYS elect to contest it in court, and guess what, I have never been to court. There are many ways of making things difficult for them and/or delaying court hearings, and after a while they lose interest, unless it's major stuff.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.j8811 View Post
    Interesting. Wonder if they hit the sisters. GLA, GLM and TMH
    Can confirm that one of the sister shops has also been very recently visited for “compliance” check . Apparently also a complaint from a disgruntled customer .

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Raid on Monday

Which sister shop do you mean?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Raids going everywhere I hear . Cops nothing do visa checks that just BS owners say to keep you coming back .

I’m sticking to privates at moment but they pretty shit as well .. can’t afford another black mark on my record fuck that

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Massageloverbris View Post
    Raids going everywhere I hear . Cops nothing do visa checks that just BS owners say to keep you coming back .

I’m sticking to privates at moment but they pretty shit as well .. can’t afford another black mark on my record fuck that
    Can you maybe translate this?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    is this on the news anywhere ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlco777 View Post
    is this on the news anywhere ?
    that should answer your question. the fact that QPS PR and social media team aren't bragging about it means it's not happening.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpitt View Post
    that should answer your question. the fact that QPS PR and social media team aren't bragging about it means it's not happening.
    Except it is ..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yup, ML seemed quite sure about it. Question is what are the raids for, visa or to catch Johnny?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If it's an ongoing operation they won't make any media posts until it's completed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast