Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teenage boys arrested for robbing spree in five Sydney brothels

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The problem most western countries like Australia have is that prisoners have rights. Not only do we have to provide them with food and water, but we have to provide them with TVs, gyms, exercise yards, libraries, reading materials, etc. That's basically why being sent to prison is considered as a holiday for a lot of criminals. None of them are afraid of the prison system.

What we should do is take all their rights away (as they have done to their victims). Prisons should consist of nothing more than a 6 foot x 4 foot room with a mattress and toilet and that's it, a small "cat door" at the bottom to slide in a cheese sandwich and a bottle of water. And that's where you stay for the term of your imprisonment. No contact with any other prisoners, that way it eliminates the drug problem as well as an older prisoner teaching new recruits. It would also stop puny little guys going in beefing up on steroids and gym workouts and coming out testorine fueled gorillas itching to kill or rape someone.

It would cost the government (us as taxpayers) less as you'd have less need of guards. It would also put fear back into going to prison to most of the criminals knowing that they're going into solitary.

And I'm not joking, I'd seriously do this even to juveniles.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    The problem most western countries like Australia have is that prisoners have rights. Not only do we have to provide them with food and water, but we have to provide them with TVs, gyms, exercise yards, libraries, reading materials, etc. That's basically why being sent to prison is considered as a holiday for a lot of criminals. None of them are afraid of the prison system.

What we should do is take all their rights away (as they have done to their victims). Prisons should consist of nothing more than a 6 foot x 4 foot room with a mattress and toilet and that's it, a small "cat door" at the bottom to slide in a cheese sandwich and a bottle of water. And that's where you stay for the term of your imprisonment. No contact with any other prisoners, that way it eliminates the drug problem as well as an older prisoner teaching new recruits. It would also stop puny little guys going in beefing up on steroids and gym workouts and coming out testorine fueled gorillas itching to kill or rape someone.

It would cost the government (us as taxpayers) less as you'd have less need of guards. It would also put fear back into going to prison to most of the criminals knowing that they're going into solitary.

My problem with the handling of juvenile crime is how "juvenile" is defined. It does not make sense to me that someone who commited a crime 1 day before he turns 18 would be treated as a juvy and be spared the full force of the law, but on the other hand if he'd done it 1 day after it would be vastly different. Did he just learn all about being an adult overnight?

I can't say that I know what's best, but there must be a better way than this.

Banned
    My problem is the forgetting of the victims and the lefties worrying more about the "little" crims, The lunatic Greens are pushing for the voting age to be 16, so then that means they should be sentenced as an adult..........

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Dotcumdotinyou - buddy you are an absolute reject of a human being. No clue about the real world you should stay behind your computer

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CantCme View Post
    Dotcumdotinyou - buddy you are an absolute reject of a human being. No clue about the real world you should stay behind your computer
    Why??

Perhaps that view is a bit extreme but people can be forgiven for having strong views like that.
    As a society we’ve gone soft. People need to accept the consequences for their behaviour….regardless of their age. If they break the law they should be punished for it. Not given a token slap on the wrist. And if that means they get locked up with no access to the creature comforts that we as a first world country are used to so be it.

The problem as I see it is we are now into the third generation of people who have become used to no discipline from a young age. So there is no respect for police, teachers etc. If a mother attempts to discipline a misbehaving child while in public with any more than a slightly raised voice she is at risk of being reported for child abuse.

I grew up in a time where if a kid played up at school they got the cane. Police could kick an errant kid up the arse and send him on his way. Nobody got seriously hurt but people in authority were respected.

We’ve dug ourselves a huge hole and I can’t see how we’re ever going to get out of it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

And when they get out they'll be perfect and useful members of society with no mental or physical health problems and won't cost the community any money at all and won't commit any further crimes.

And you'll feel good knowing they've been punished and can live your best alpha male tough guy life.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryPunter View Post
    Why??

Perhaps that view is a bit extreme but people can be forgiven for having strong views like that.
    As a society we’ve gone soft. People need to accept the consequences for their behaviour….regardless of their age. If they break the law they should be punished for it. Not given a token slap on the wrist. And if that means they get locked up with no access to the creature comforts that we as a first world country are used to so be it.

The problem as I see it is we are now into the third generation of people who have become used to no discipline from a young age. So there is no respect for police, teachers etc. If a mother attempts to discipline a misbehaving child while in public with any more than a slightly raised voice she is at risk of being reported for child abuse.

I grew up in a time where if a kid played up at school they got the cane. Police could kick an errant kid up the arse and send him on his way. Nobody got seriously hurt but people in authority were respected.

We’ve dug ourselves a huge hole and I can’t see how we’re ever going to get out of it.

I'm with you there mate...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryPunter View Post
    Why??

Back when a man could beat and rape his wife and it was considered a "family matter". You could push a fag off a cliff and the cops would barely look into it. Those were the days...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I have to say I am appalled by the majority of comments and the tone of this thread.
    Too many political viewpoints and absolutely nonsensical analogies like the one above.
    You do know that nowadays (and then) you could rundown anyone you wanted in your car, drink a bottle of whiskey after and be very unlikely to face jail time. So the good old days are alive and well. Or you can steal millions from your employer, shove the money under your mattress and claim you are bipolar and blew it all on gambling whilst drunk and depressed and maybe if you are unlucky cop a year or two on a prison farm then go home to collect your cash.

There is no point in arguing such puerile and selective examples.

This is a very polar argument. To punish and to hold to account or to educate and forgive, leaving a very large grey area in between.
    Most importantly not all criminal and indeed people in general are the same or respond the same to any situation.

Sure some prisoners are able to be rehabilitated. Some are not.

The simple answer is that the reason for imprisoning law breakers is ostensibly 2 fold.
    1. Remove the offenders right to be part of regular society.
    2. Protect the other members of said society

If you cannot live by the rules the rest of society does then you lose your right to function in that society
    Sure rehabilitation is a noble and ideal target but punishment for your actions must come first.

We have seen the gradual decline of personal responsibility for too long to the point now where every action you make is blamed on someone or something in your past.
    This is very much to blame for the lack of respect of law and order in society.
    The masses generally have no respect for judiciary in giving fair sentences and the criminals see loopholes and Get out of Jail free cards everywhere.

Bad behaviour must be suitably punished.
    There is a plethora of history on this and I am reluctant to say too much because I cannot be arsed to point you at the relevant info and it would seriously consume a few months of my life to do it properly.

Similarly citing stats with no background info is a very weak way to make a point so I will refrain.

I will however say that just because a country has high incarceration % does not mean the system of incarceration is at fault.

Take a look at some of the Eastern European countries for example who simply release offenders on parole and do not monitor them. They even allow them to leave their country and go on to commit crimes elsewhere. This was rife in the UK around 15 yrs ago and was a large factor in the EU denying some countries membership.

I think I have said enough otherwise I will start doing what I am complaining about others doing.

In summation.
    Crime has to be punished and yes with incarceration/exclusion
    Personal responsibility has to be acknowledged
    Rehabilitation can be done during that period.
    Not all people are redeemable.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Give them a haircut! Put them in the army!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The looney lefts are out in pairs Reginald and don't want to c u.

Over the years I've employed ex inmates, one of my current employee's nephew is in prison and his best friend got out last year after 8 years behind bars. The one thing they all agree on is that solitary sucks and they behave as best as they can in that hostile environment to stay out of it. You put the entire prison population in solitary from the start, without any visitors while they're incarcerated and when they get out they'll think twice before committing crimes again.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Give them a haircut! Put them in the army!
    We might even find a few Mavericks in them…
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    How are these guys doing? The United States has 4.2% of the world's population.

Top 10 Countries with the most people in prison

United States — 2,068,800
    China — 1,690,000
    Brazil — 811,707
    India — 478,600
    Russia — 471,490
    Thailand — 309,282
    Turkey — 291,198
    Indonesia — 266,259
    Mexico — 220,866
    Iran — 189,000

Top 10 Countries with the highest rate of incarceration (per 100,000)

United States — 629
    Rwanda — 580
    Turkmenistan — 576
    El Salvador — 564
    Cuba — 510
    Palau — 478
    British Virgin Islands (U.K. territory) — 477
    Thailand — 445
    Panama — 423
    Saint Kitts and Nevis — 423
    What ReginaldBubbles raised is a very nuanced topic. As an outsider, the USA always appeared to be quite mysterious. Privatization of the judicial system back in the 80s and 90s was never a good idea. You have prisons that aren't established to rehabilitate the inmates. Rather, they make a profit by exploiting them and I think this partly drives the high incarceration rate. Also, I am sure a lack of welfare, lenient access to firearms, etc. won't help.

Returning to the case, there could have been many factors that led to the robbery. These include a disrupted family, a poor circle of friends, conduct disorders, etc which would not have been captured in the news. I am sure many on this forum would agree (or at least acknowledge) that as an adolescent, it would have been very easy to make the wrong choice (you simply wouldn't have known better to rise above the occasion). However, I could also understand why others would feel the current judicial system is too lenient especially when stories like this frequently make the news. Anyone would like to hazard a guess how long their sentences would be (if at all)?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDU View Post
    I have to say I am appalled by the majority of comments and the tone of this thread.
    Too many political viewpoints and absolutely nonsensical analogies like the one above.
    You do know that nowadays (and then) you could rundown anyone you wanted in your car, drink a bottle of whiskey after and be very unlikely to face jail time. So the good old days are alive and well. Or you can steal millions from your employer, shove the money under your mattress and claim you are bipolar and blew it all on gambling whilst drunk and depressed and maybe if you are unlucky cop a year or two on a prison farm then go home to collect your cash.

There is no point in arguing such puerile and selective examples.

This is a very polar argument. To punish and to hold to account or to educate and forgive, leaving a very large grey area in between.
    Most importantly not all criminal and indeed people in general are the same or respond the same to any situation.

Sure some prisoners are able to be rehabilitated. Some are not.

The simple answer is that the reason for imprisoning law breakers is ostensibly 2 fold.
    1. Remove the offenders right to be part of regular society.
    2. Protect the other members of said society

If you cannot live by the rules the rest of society does then you lose your right to function in that society
    Sure rehabilitation is a noble and ideal target but punishment for your actions must come first.

We have seen the gradual decline of personal responsibility for too long to the point now where every action you make is blamed on someone or something in your past.
    This is very much to blame for the lack of respect of law and order in society.
    The masses generally have no respect for judiciary in giving fair sentences and the criminals see loopholes and Get out of Jail free cards everywhere.

Bad behaviour must be suitably punished.
    There is a plethora of history on this and I am reluctant to say too much because I cannot be arsed to point you at the relevant info and it would seriously consume a few months of my life to do it properly.

Similarly citing stats with no background info is a very weak way to make a point so I will refrain.

I will however say that just because a country has high incarceration % does not mean the system of incarceration is at fault.

Take a look at some of the Eastern European countries for example who simply release offenders on parole and do not monitor them. They even allow them to leave their country and go on to commit crimes elsewhere. This was rife in the UK around 15 yrs ago and was a large factor in the EU denying some countries membership.

I think I have said enough otherwise I will start doing what I am complaining about others doing.

In summation.
    Crime has to be punished and yes with incarceration/exclusion
    Personal responsibility has to be acknowledged
    Rehabilitation can be done during that period.
    Not all people are redeemable.
    Your post is way too nuanced and considered for a forum full of moronic deviants. I prefer my method of biting satirical wit.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The looney lefts are out in pairs Reginald and don't want to c u.

Over the years I've employed ex inmates, one of my current employee's nephew is in prison and his best friend got out last year after 8 years behind bars. The one thing they all agree on is that solitary sucks and they behave as best as they can in that hostile environment to stay out of it. You put the entire prison population in solitary from the start, without any visitors while they're incarcerated and when they get out they'll think twice before committing crimes again.
    8 years of solitary confinement and ready to slip straight back into society!

Let's say they are found guilty and sentenced as adults. What's the punishment for this particular crime? 3 or 4 years with a non-parole period of 2 years?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    We've gone from one extreme to the other. From public floggings, stoning, flagellations, crucifixions, the gillotine, burning at the stake, torturing, mutilations etc to wrapping society in cotton wool, rewarding laziness and social loafers, giving pretentious minority groups control and power, misinformation and disinformation is promoted as gospel, and the advancing of social conditioning, PC and cancel cultures. Society is full of soft cocks with manginas and you only need to look at some members on this forum to realise that.

Society, its systems, laws, and norms is beyond repair. No matter what we do today, somebody will come up with a fucked up idea and make the situation even worse. Any decisions or changes made will take years and decades before the effects are felt! What we are seeing today is the effects of those fucked up ideas and decisions made decades ago.

A world war is what is needed, that should reset everything.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    We've gone from one extreme to the other. From public floggings, stoning, flagellations, crucifixions, the gillotine, burning at the stake, torturing, mutilations etc to wrapping society in cotton wool, rewarding laziness and social loafers, giving pretentious minority groups control and power, misinformation and disinformation is promoted as gospel, and the advancing of social conditioning, PC and cancel cultures. Society is full of soft cocks with manginas and you only need to look at some members on this forum to realise that.

Society, its systems, laws, and norms is beyond repair. No matter what we do today, somebody will come up with a fucked up idea and make the situation even worse. Any decisions or changes made will take years and decades before the effects are felt! What we are seeing today is the effects of those fucked up ideas and decisions made decades ago.

A world war is what is needed, that should reset everything.
    Mostly I agree with what you’re saying. We’ve certainly gone from one extreme to the other.

Not sure a world war is needed though. It would certainly reset things. At least for the few survivors that still existed when it was all over.

There’s too many very dangerous weapons in the hands of unstable world leaders with huge egos. If one of these guys feels he’s getting backed into a corner I’m sure the red button will get pushed. And if the first one gets fired there’s sure to be retaliatory return fire.

Don’t know what happened to ‘Live and let live’ or ‘Make love not war’

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    Your post is way too nuanced and considered for a forum full of moronic deviants. I prefer my method of biting satirical wit.
    Normally so do I.
    Discipline and alternate punishment is just something I have worked on at several different times of my life both professionally and in a volunteer capacity. Mainly young kids and ethnic groups but also adults.

All good I'll just stop reading these types of threads.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    This is some really fucked up stuff. They knew what they were doing and should be tried as adults.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast