Thread: Good Friday

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

Good Friday

Good Friday: malls are closed, RnT shops open. You do have to admire the industrious of the ML's...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Good Friday: malls are closed, RnT shops open. You do have to admire the industrious of the ML's...
    Australia is a laggard in continuing to have Good Friday as a public holiday. That’s not the case in the US and most other western ‘Christian’ countries.
    Generally, only Easter Sunday.

In any case, most Ml & WL are Asian and self-employed so they don’t earn if they don’t work and we punters must support them 🙂

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Lots of cafes, conv stores, etc open. A lot of MLs wouldn't be Christian or Jewish, so are not influenced by these religious rituals.

I'm surprised they don't have public holiday surcharges, like restaurants do.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Sure, tax free money is good anytime.........

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Went to my favourite Vietnamese grocer today. They were pumping!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewv View Post
    Australia is a laggard in continuing to have Good Friday as a public holiday. That’s not the case in the US and most other western ‘Christian’ countries.
    Generally, only Easter Sunday.

In any case, most Ml & WL are Asian and self-employed so they don’t earn if they don’t work and we punters must support them 🙂
    I was honestly surprised as, in my naivety, I went to a mall today. Very surprised. But not a total loss. Had stopped by an RnT shop beforehand. Maybe she was Christian because she certainly resurrected me...

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    A lot of MLs wouldn't be Christian or Jewish, so are not influenced by these religious rituals.
    But I doubt that they'd be taking off any Buddhist holidays, for the reason mentioned above.

Banned
    Many Chinese MLs or WLs have kids in China to support.

However if the traffic is slow today the shops may call it quit earlier.

However the flatmate of my regular ML told me this morning she had to go to the airport to receive a friend from her hometown. She showed me a stunning beauty with sharp features. She said she would let me know where this girl will start work.

My God just as I'm thinking of quitting to save money here is a fresh blood and new temptation. I could be her first customer if I'm that keen.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    looks like Sibon is getting ready to fund a new housing project in China, it might be called La Punter De Paradiso

Senior Member(無間使者)
    RnT shop was packed today! Damn atheists didn’t leave me with much choices!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I remember couple of years ago, it was almost impossible to find a restaurant or Cafe in the morning of Good Friday, they used to open in the afternoon, but this year apart from Malls, everywhere was business as usual! In the US it's completely a different scene as I reached to this conclusion that Australia is no where close to US when it comes to Christian beliefs.I was told by a colleague that back in 70s if you opened your shop on Good Friday you would expect people smashing your windows. ....As Bob Dylan sings:"The Times they are A-changin..."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD SNAKE View Post
    looks like Sibon is getting ready to fund a new housing project in China, it might be called La Punter De Paradiso
    There is no need to go to China.

The Chinese have move China into Australlia.

Just look at Burwood, Chatswood, Hurstville, Eastwood etc.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    La punter de paradiso should be a beach resort!