Thread: Scams on E&B

Banned

Scams on E&B

Hey guys,

Just found out recently that some scams are being run from E&B ads.

I messaged one of the ads and got no reply. Soon after I got all kinds of scam calls pretending to be Chinese Embassy, AusPost, ATO etc. They even ring me at 10pm!

So recently I checked a few ads out and searched their phone numbers on Google to see if they're one of those Bait & Switch ads running different names on different ads but funnily Google couldn't produce a search result even though the number was clearly listed on the E&B ad.

Some other ads which I've gotten replies from and have also visited previously all came up in the Google search with their E&B ad.

I'd suggest Googling up their phone numbers first before sending any texts. These scammers didn't just call me using made up phone numbers, they even texted me in Chinese "你忙吗?" (Are you busy?) to get me to reply and probably trap me into the love/investment scams. And they even searched my number on WeChat attempting to add me there lol

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    normally Vodaphone sells off your information to scammers, so this is a first, normally the girls just lie about their age and body type, or use a false photo for the bait and switch tactics most guys fall for this as they do all the thinking with their little head.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Dude use 2 sims. Or one with 2 esims.

Unless it's personal, i use my other son for everything.

I rarely turn on my other sim unless i need it and use private number from my own sim

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    Dude use 2 sims. Or one with 2 esims.

Unless it's personal, i use my other son for everything.

I rarely turn on my other sim unless i need it and use private number from my own sim
    I got 2 phones - 1 personal and 1 for work. My work phone is always bombarded with scam calls from India. My personal phone not so much since I registered it under the telemarketer "Do not call" register. The scammers eventually gave up after 2 weeks, they probably realise by now I don't speak Chinese and have wasted their time.

Lucky I don't live with the missus just yet, but once we start I may not be able to do private punts, only shop punts.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    scamer everywhere, they are fishing for personal detail,
    take care and watch out EB ads, try some relyable and verificated ladies

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Yeah, E&B Locanto etc, all these classifieds with extremely low hurdles of entry, minimum policing, are perfect for scammers to collect your personal information. No sense in getting yourself into that kind of trouble. Better steer clear.