Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Decriminalisation

Senior Member(無間使者)
    So hopefully Sydney prices Tits, ass, pussy and BBBJ for all at a good price....back to what counts

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeTogether View Post
    On ya dude,
    Sick of posters spewing political shit in here.
    But current laws restrict our punting. Fuck that

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by harry444 View Post
    The person you are referring to was infact a democratically elected government officer. Which only supports my statement. Anyway, I'm with Cometogether. Back to punting.
    Twas meer jest my friend. I am sure many would call Sir Joh a benevolent dictator, tongue in cheek.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    ‘It was frightening’: undercover stings on sex workers criticised as Queensland moves to decriminalisation
    Story by Eden Gillespie • 9h ago

Like many of Queensland’s sex workers, Delaney* doesn’t trust the police.

It was an unsettling encounter with an undercover officer that caused her distrust and fear of the authorities.

“A [client] turned up, asked some really odd questions and then left,” Delaney says.

“It was frightening. I was in my work clothes and all dressed up.”

Great accounting roles are waiting for you
    Great accounting roles are waiting for you
    Ad
    SEEK
    Delaney says she soon realised it was a setup and the awkward client was actually a police officer.

Now, after 20 years in the business, if something goes wrong at work she’ll think twice before making a report.

“It’s a practice that nobody should be subjected to,” Delaney says. “That a person’s trying to trick you into borderline or possibly illegal sexual behaviour to charge you – it’s perverse.”

Related: Queensland to decriminalise sex work as review recommends new advertising rules

Elle Coles, a trans sex worker says there would hardly be a sex worker in Queensland who hadn’t spoken to an officer over the phone at some point in their career.

“It’s a victimless crime,” Coles says. “Why anyone would be proactive about prosecuting a person defies humanity.”

In a major shake-up, the Queensland government this week committed to decriminalising sex work and bringing the industry “out of the shadows”.

The government says it is “broadly supportive” of recommendations by the Queensland Law Reform Commission, which includes repealing laws that allow police to pose as clients and entrap workers.

Respect Inc and DecrimQLD’s campaign manager, Janelle Fawkes, is calling for a moratorium on these police powers while sex workers await legislative changes.

“As sex workers, we don’t trust the police and that’s not only because they appear to … charge us for really minor offences,” Fawkes says.

Sign up for Guardian Australia’s free morning and afternoon email newsletters for your daily news roundup

“But it’s also because … there are hundreds of stories of sex workers being treated really badly.”

Queensland’s police minister, Mark Ryan, says: “Like all Queenslanders, I expect all members of the Queensland Police Service to act in accordance with the law.”

A Queensland police spokesperson says the “QPS is obligated to investigate offences against Queensland legislation [and] this includes illegal prostitution”.

They said it was “not appropriate to release specific details of methodologies and ongoing police investigations”.

Sex work is currently under a licensing framework in Queensland, with the majority of workers considered “unlawful” or unlicensed.

Decriminalisation would change sex workers’ lives in many small but significant ways. Private workers will be able to share accommodation with other sex workers, employ a receptionist and text other workers before or after a booking to check they’re safe.

They will also be able to advertise what services they offer – a big win for trans and gender-diverse workers – and work at the same hotel as another sex worker without being charged.

Hope, an Aboriginal sex worker says she’s felt unsafe a few times at work but has been unable to message a friend under the current laws.

“I’ve had times where a client has wanted to keep me for longer or where things started to feel unsafe … if they got violent, nobody would’ve known where I was,” she says.

Hope says current work options in Queensland are limited, with only 20 brothels operating across the state.

Related: ‘Forced to move home’: discrimination of Queensland sex workers needs to end, say advocates

“You will raise … safety concerns or OH&S issues … and then you’re been labelled as the troublemaker and they basically say, ‘there’s no shift for you this week’,” Hope says.

“If you’re somebody that speaks out in a couple of those, you end up not being welcome in any of them.”

There are other issues, like exemptions to the state’s anti-discrimination act that allow sex workers to be discriminated against when working in other jobs whcich involve children, or in securing accommodation.

The state government is expected to introduce legislation to address these issues before the next election.

“That kind of vilification has a major impact on people’s sense of self, safety and housing stability,” Fawkes says.

But despite the decades of stigma and vilification, sex workers are feeling optimistic about the changes to come.

“Decriminalisation will mean being able to run our businesses, look after our clientele, working as professionals without any stigmatising labels,” Coles said.

“Sex workers aren’t going to hold grudges … we look forward to a brighter future.”

*Names have been changed

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Soory forgot to title this but i saw it this morning and thought I would post it as it has some interesting stuff in there. Especially how these dumb laws work against women in the industry.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by funinqld View Post
    Soory forgot to title this but i saw it this morning and thought I would post it as it has some interesting stuff in there. Especially how these dumb laws work against women in the industry.
    Thanks for posting this.

Here is the link to the original article:

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...riminalisation

And another one by the same author from a few days ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ertising-rules

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Anyone know if there an update to this legislation change?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It will take a while I recon.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It will take a while I recon.
    Any other amazing insights?
    Maybe how wet water is?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Is that all you have to contribute....abuse?
    Its only just started so it will be over a year and thats not including the hassles the legislation will get from the religious nuts here in QLD.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4FoW2 View Post
    You,you,you ....you come in here ...and you know you are wrong......you are wrong ...wrong, wrong wrong, ...you, you, you know you can't count all your chickens before they come home to roost....Goodness gracious me...I know what you're trying to do ...we don't want that kind of thing up here.....just you wait and see .....Don't you worry about that!

Is this the benevolent dictator you were referring to?
    Hilarious for those that recognise that "material" Gold! Dont you, you, putting words in my mouth....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Is that all you have to contribute....abuse?
    Its only just started so it will be over a year and thats not including the hassles the legislation will get from the religious nuts here in QLD.
    The religious nuts just need to make sure the legislation is secure enough that they don’t get caught between the sheets with their favourite hooker so their hypocrisy remains hidden.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Who Killed Tangerine View Post
    Any other amazing insights?
    Maybe how wet water is?
    Troll mentality! 🤡

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Selecta View Post
    Troll mentality! 🤡
    And your comment is better?
    If I promise to be better, will you?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Lol yes probably a few politicians involved in all areas. Should just follow NSW lead and legalise it all. Better for the girls especially safety wise.....and selfish to say but better for us too....way better

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Next QLD state election is just over 12 months away. What's the bet the legislation still isn't changed by then.. a change of government ensues, and the current laws remain in place for another 20 years...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Here we go already....
    Found this in my letterbox today.

CCI_000001-1.jpgCCI_000001-2.jpg

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Fuck !! What organisation putting that out ? Some people just don’t have a life .

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It’s on the card! Australian Christian Lobby, A far right nut job lobby group.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Ahh yes sorry should of put my glasses on hahah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast