Thread: Are massage shops struggling or have thei discovered text marketing

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Are massage shops struggling or have thei discovered text marketing

I notice over the last 3 months I get text messages from a couple of massage shops that have my number, promoting their girls. e.g. "Today we have a new Malaysian girl. Very attractive." This never happened to me in the past.

Are other punters here getting these unsolicited marketing text messages?

*"they" not "thei". I cannot edit the headline of this post.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Hope you asked them to take you off their texting list. Anyone refusing your request then ring them to ask
    I like the texts, as I like to know what is on offer in Sydney

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Do you get those texts from the popular shops or smaller ones?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Nothing wrong with sending out a mass text to a bunch of blokes. One of them is bound to be horny.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I made the mistake of booking via sms at 39 Albyn street Bexley and now get probably 6 messages a day. I’ve just had to block the number

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Messages from a shop I haven’t been to I. 6 months. Makes you think that business is slow

Senior Member(無間使者)
    same...got a called and text message

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Not surprising at all to see shops struggling. The cost of living is just too completely unsustainable right now. People are spending almost all of their take home pay just to cover living costs. Where's the money for punting going to come from?

It's a really tough situation for all parties. There's just no 2 ways about it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by kere View Post
    Do you get those texts from the popular shops or smaller ones?
    No. Messages are from 2 small suburban ships.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewv View Post
    I notice over the last 3 months I get text messages from a couple of massage shops that have my number, promoting their girls. e.g. "Today we have a new Malaysian girl. Very attractive." This never happened to me in the past.

Are other punters here getting these unsolicited marketing text messages?

*"they" not "thei". I cannot edit the headline of this post.
    Yeah, I had oasis 208 Parramatta Rd ping me a fair bit on WeChat

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    That's why I always use wechat to contact/book whenever possible, most Asian massage shoops have it, they usually just update /spam their moments everyday with new girls/rosters, but I haven't got a single msg from wechat yet, I have 10+ rnt contacts on my wechat, but in terms of business in general I do believe a lot of them are struggling, particularly the smaller (lesser known) ones.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    i think it comes down to your personal and work life situation, as harmless as it might seem, getting some sort of sexual communication could ruin your life, so its better to stay safe and stay anonymous, and always clear your history and never use works computers or phones to browse for girls

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Many shops just being lazy for not maintaining their presence on wechat.
    In fact sending sms to the mass is quite a tedious task if they are not smart enough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
    I made the mistake of booking via sms at 39 Albyn street Bexley and now get probably 6 messages a day. I’ve just had to block the number
    Customers shouldn't be harassed in such way. What if the customer was using his normal phone and his partner noticed the numerous messages coming from a massage shop? Probably would ruin or end his marriage or relationship.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Customers shouldn't be harassed in such way. What if the customer was using his normal phone and his partner noticed the numerous messages coming from a massage shop? Probably would ruin or end his marriage or relationship.
    To be fair, you can always reply and say "please delete me from your database" and I know they respect these requests.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    That's why I have a punting phone, all ma dirty secrets on it :P

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewv View Post
    To be fair, you can always reply and say "please delete me from your database" and I know they respect these requests.
    Like an opt-out function, lol

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I've been getting a few sms from my regular place in Dural. I used to be there weekly but now more like every other week. They are definitely less busy than earlier this year.