Thread: Proximity to train stations

Junior Member(有D料到)

Proximity to train stations

What's the best VFM RnT within a block or two of a train station on the Newcastle to Sydney line? Really any line in Sydney given how easy they all are to access, I suppose. Major bonus points if rimming and BBJ are on offer.

Shenti in Hamilton and Allure in Wickham near the interchange are about the best options up this way and neither of them are great.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    May be better not to fritter money away on substandard shops
    Also don't overpay for substandard service

Ask yourself what is the recruiting like?
    There are shops on the rail line with the occasional gem
    There are other shops with no such chance. Avoid

Better to save money and spend it big on a few VFM punts in Sydney instead

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Artarmon. There's about 6 or so options all on Hampden Rd next to the station. There's an ATM at the 7/11. Personal fave is 88a but there's 84a, 104a and 126. There's also a couple of licensed FS joints on the same stretch but I forget the numbers.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    I know of shops at Wyong, Gosford and Woy Woy within walking distance of the stations. These have been commented on here previously.

Perhaps Google will highlight more at other stations.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by starling View Post
    Artarmon. There's about 6 or so options all on Hampden Rd next to the station. There's an ATM at the 7/11. Personal fave is 88a but there's 84a, 104a and 126. There's also a couple of licensed FS joints on the same stretch but I forget the numbers.
    116 and 78a...........

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    I know of shops at Wyong, Gosford and Woy Woy within walking distance of the stations. These have been commented on here previously.

Yeah Wyong shop was the first to bit my mind, near the Barber.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DogBouy View Post
    Yeah Wyong shop was the first to bit my mind, near the Barber.
    Wyong sounds a good option for a half day off work. Reading some other AR's here make me think Hornsby might be a good option too.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Epping has 3 shops within 50 metres of the station, two on the west side, one on the east. 41 Beecroft rd is probably the best known. Eastwood similarly has equally close shops, easily found on Google maps.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I'm now filling my WeChat list up with prospective trips. Wonderful, thanks gents.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    276 Thornleigh is ok, there's another across the road around the corner from thai shop.
    Pennant Hills has about 3 shops
    West Ryde about 4 shops

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I wouldn't be catching a train from up the coast just to try the shops at Pennant Hills or Eastwood. Epping 41 is the best on that line, Artarmon has best variety of shops.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I got invited to a soccer game up at Gosford on the weekend. As we were walking out of the train station noticed a massage joint literally within 25 metres of the entrance. As I was with civvies I couldn't go in but I did note it. One to research for you further I guess.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    This might sound convoluted:
    Central to Croydon (20 minutes?), 4 minute walk to Croydon Palace in Elizabeth St.
    Walk back to Croydon station, get a train to Strathfield (5 minutes?) and then you're back on the Newcastle line.

Check the threads here for Croydon Palace: ladies from all over Europe, South America, SE Asia and some Aussies. $220/hr.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Having been a visitor sans auto, I made great use of public transport. Train to Eastwood from Central prime example. Two shops I'm familiar with: Blue Moon on the Korean side of the tracks, Eastwood Massage http://www.eastwoodmassage.com.au on the Chinese side of the tracks. Both within easy walking distance from the stations, Blue Moon a bit further than Eastwood. Both are sister shops, girls can/do work both depending on the day.

Note: Eastwood Massage is on MY 2nd floor (perhaps your first floor, 1 floor up from the ground), NOT the massage shop on the ground floor in the same building. The entrance to Eastwood Massage is IMMEDIATELY to the right of the Subway shop, a stairway going up, turn right at the top of the stairs, walk to the end. There MIGHT be a standing signboard on the sidewalk at the entrance to the stairs. Blue Moon is on the ground floor, top of the street, on the left as you're walking away from the station.

There are a couple of other shops on the Koran side mentioned here, but no personal experience.

Busses also worked great for me. Google maps directions a BIG help with getting around.