Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going on a road trip to Sydney - worth it?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4FoW2 View Post
    Been sussing out a few getaways to Syd. Two mates are planning to go on a footy & fucking weekend. Airfares @400, Accom (near Chinatown, recommended by Sydneyites) @250 per night incl buffet breakfast), footy tickets, transport, food & of course mongering money looks like we may not get much change out of $1700. Agree with some on hols don't skimp too much. Dorm room ??? I think not. But obviously could save on accom so price around $1500 all up may be possible. Transport is problem with no car but use trains to egt around.
    Of course the obvious question is: if I spent 1500/1700 in Brisbane over 3/4 maybe 5 punts would that be better VFM?????
    Pondering.
    4FoW2
    hahah glad to find someone who could relate. i am thinking about spending a day driving there with minimum stops. By doing so, it will cover my air fares and my ways to get around sydney.

I am saving my expenses on accommodation and have found some reasonably priced room with ibis budgets hotels. I have done the math and it will cost me roughly 700 AUD for accommodation for a 8 day visit. I could save more in this aspect by going somewhere even cheaper and I will roughly save 300 AUD which equivalent roughly to a session of FS. But then I feel like I will downgrade my living conditions a lot which I don’t think it’s idea.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I go to Sydney once a month and would find 7 days far to long. 3 days, 2 nights suits me. You don't need a car. The public transport is fast and often.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by harry444 View Post
    I go to Sydney once a month and would find 7 days far to long. 3 days, 2 nights suits me. You don't need a car. The public transport is fast and often.
    For your trip, did you visit the girls everyday ? The reason I ask is that I had taken recovery period into consideration. I don't think I could punt everyday for 8 day straight but then I wanna see as much as what Sydney has to offer lol

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Here’s an idea. Get yourself on a cheap flight to Manila and have way more fun

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CumShot View Post
    Here’s an idea. Get yourself on a cheap flight to Manila and have way more fun
    Yea, Manila sounds interesting - Done Thailand earlier this year - so Manila and onto Thailand will be my next trip at some time - will be virgin trip to Manila

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow251 View Post
    Yea, Manila sounds interesting - Done Thailand earlier this year - so Manila and onto Thailand will be my next trip at some time - will be virgin trip to Manila
    PR has direct flights BNE-MNL. $50/hotels inc breakfast. $200 play money should fill your bed with a few different girls per day.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Stay away from locanto for Sydney reviews and women. Go to ausxx forum and you will see thousands of reviews. Locanto is borderline useless.
    Pm me if you like for Sydney west tips

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Saw OP post in the Sydney forum on the same topic. I did a quick google search and since you have a car, you could stay here for cheap https://www.bridgeviewhotel.com.au/stay-with-us & spend most of your time at Artarmon and Chatswood. Both have heaps. For $180 you will get part 3 all inclusive for 30 mins. You could even drive to Epping and try Epping 41 or Langston 24. Hornsby is against the flow of traffic from bridgeview and they have good value up there too.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by RodgHerMoore View Post
    Saw OP post in the Sydney forum on the same topic. I did a quick google search and since you have a car, you could stay here for cheap https://www.bridgeviewhotel.com.au/stay-with-us & spend most of your time at Artarmon and Chatswood. Both have heaps. For $180 you will get part 3 all inclusive for 30 mins. You could even drive to Epping and try Epping 41 or Langston 24. Hornsby is against the flow of traffic from bridgeview and they have good value up there too.
    Hey man appreciate the link and yeah I have booked my accommodation with ibis budget st Peter. It costs me 472 for 5 nights of stay and I will be spending 6 days in total in Sydney.

The room is small but has everything I need. A bed and a private bathroom. I don't think I could go lower than that without comprising the joy of this trip.

Another good thing about staying at st Peter ibis is that its only a 5 min drive fro marackville where N5m is located..hahahah I already know where I will be resting for an hour the night I arrive in Sydney on the 15th ..hahah

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Enjoy your stay! Keen to know who you see, and what you think

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Sydney is top of the pyramid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12