Thread: Sending money abroad

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Sending money abroad

So I have been chatting with few philipino onkine and very friendly, sometime real fun. Some of them asking some money, very small amounts. Anyone has similar experience and sent money? I am not sure how to do that and is it legal.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Why would you. Don't do it

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    It's really small amounts, like $10 or $20. And what I get in return is way better.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Get before you give

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Why would sending money to some friends overseas be illegal??
    If I wanted to send someone abroad small amounts of money, without incurring dysproportionate fees, using money transfer services etc., I'd use crypto.
    Open an account on a crypto exchange like for example Coinspot, transfer some AUD into that account, buy whatever crypto you want, then transfer it out to a hardware wallet on your computer, tablet or phone, like for example Exodus.
    From there you can send it to anyone you like, without any interference or questions.
    Obviously your overseas friends need to have a crypto wallet, too.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Crypto seems to be low in fees, but the on ramp and off ramp fees do add up.

Every option gets munched by fees. Old fashioned Western Union isn't all that bad. Revolut is another option, but in some countries it's not all that reliable.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Grafton Everest View Post
    Crypto seems to be low in fees, but the on ramp and off ramp fees do add up.

Every option gets munched by fees. Old fashioned Western Union isn't all that bad. Revolut is another option, but in some countries it's not all that reliable.
    Rg. fees, some crypto coins are better than others, some exchanges are better than others, some wallets are better than others, but that would take it too far here. Folks need to do their own research. Just wanted to explain the basic principle...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    they can be good value and sending $20 is work a shot if you get something. don't expect anything after the first session even it they mean it's for the month.

I use Wise app, reasonably exchange rate. I then send it to her (them) as "Gcash" which goes into there gcash account as a deposit from some Filipino bank account I don't recognise. They can't track back and my name is not appearing on their account even if they are interested.

I steer clear of paypal requests. Gcash is widely accepted.

Don't send more than Au20. At you can probably get it for $10.

I've never had any runners and I usually always get something for my money. I'm currently send P1000/week to a sweet 19yo that I have known for a while. For that she sends me a few live videos plus put whatsapp on while she has a shower. if that's your thing.

Send me a DM if you need more info.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I use remitly.com, reasonable exchange rate and straight forward

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I can't DM you for some reason, or I am doing something wrong. Could you please dm me.

Quote Originally Posted by VFlowers View Post
    Rg. fees, some crypto coins are better than others, some exchanges are better than others, some wallets are better than others, but that would take it too far here. Folks need to do their own research. Just wanted to explain the basic principle...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackeyjack View Post
    I can't DM you for some reason, or I am doing something wrong. Could you please dm me.
    Click my user name in this thread, then click 'Private Message'.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I don't see private messages option in your profile. Can you please DM me.

Quote Originally Posted by CumShot View Post
    they can be good value and sending $20 is work a shot if you get something. don't expect anything after the first session even it they mean it's for the month.

I use Wise app, reasonably exchange rate. I then send it to her (them) as "Gcash" which goes into there gcash account as a deposit from some Filipino bank account I don't recognise. They can't track back and my name is not appearing on their account even if they are interested.

I steer clear of paypal requests. Gcash is widely accepted.

Don't send more than Au20. At you can probably get it for $10.

I've never had any runners and I usually always get something for my money. I'm currently send P1000/week to a sweet 19yo that I have known for a while. For that she sends me a few live videos plus put whatsapp on while she has a shower. if that's your thing.

Send me a DM if you need more info.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I have sent you a DM. Maybe we can share a few pinay hotties.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    got a friend who works in the Federal Police who told me that they store all the details of people who sent money overseas ( or receive ) in a database re terrorism. now if you got nothing important or no big business, why would you want to risk that ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by NuruGuru View Post
    got a friend who works in the Federal Police who told me that they store all the details of people who sent money overseas ( or receive ) in a database re terrorism. now if you got nothing important or no big business, why would you want to risk that ?
    everyone knows every transaction is in a database here in Australia. heck even that we open these webpages on this website are stored for two years against me.

this thread is about the most effective way to send small amount of funds between consenting adults.

if you were to go to Commbank and try to send $10 to a bank account in Phils, it will cost $40 and take a week to clear into a girls account.

We have suggested modern banks that move small amounts of payments between countries.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Will be easier to post a prepaid debit card

Senior Member(無間使者)
    you can try using Skrill, previously known as Moneybookers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick007 View Post
    Will be easier to post a prepaid debit card
    in what way is this easier than sending a bank payment? have you personally used the Philippines post for sending financial cards? I'm always interested to learn from other's experience.