Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you tell the difference

Can you tell the difference

Simple question

Can you tell the difference between a Thai vs. Chinese massage?

If so, how?

I'm not talking about pt2 either. Genuine question
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    Time to turn over

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Not really, just depends on the ML if they care to learn how to properly massage. A lot of the time is just randomly rubbing here and there which is ok for me, my whole back is aching for sitting too much at work, any pressure press is appreciated. I’ve been to a proper Thai one and the difference is they would bend you up and down, side ways to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy1234 View Post
    Not really, just depends on the ML if they care to learn how to properly massage. A lot of the time is just randomly rubbing here and there which is ok for me, my whole back is aching for sitting too much at work, any pressure press is appreciated. I’ve been to a proper Thai one and the difference is they would bend you up and down, side ways to crack.
    That is a fair call - I have been to only 1 genuine, no funny business shop before. I remember they had me sitting up and put my hands on my head, twisted their arms around mine. pull this, bend that, stretch there. Felt like I was being karate kicked

Walked out feeling taller and unreal

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    Time to turn over

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Been to both proper ones. Thai massage is about "realigning the tired muscles" where as chinese massage is "realigning the nerves". Ive been to one where the chinese lady literally "pried" open my thigh muscle with her elbow to free up a "trapped nerve". Miraculously my 2 years old lower back problem was gone and never returned since.

Quote Originally Posted by Satantoofuuu View Post
    Been to both proper ones. Thai massage is about "realigning the tired muscles" where as chinese massage is "realigning the nerves". Ive been to one where the chinese lady literally "pried" open my thigh muscle with her elbow to free up a "trapped nerve". Miraculously my 2 years old lower back problem was gone and never returned since.
    True this what happened to me as well.

You can define it something like this. Both we talked about the real massage not rnt joint.

Thai is like hurt that make you feels good after you left.

Chinese is like torture chamber that makes you feel you want to cry, and of course sore when you left. But the next day all the pain gone only sore muscle left.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Need to differentiate between "style" and therapeutic.

Thai "style" massage will have long, smooth strokes along your muscles to get at the knots in your muscles. Almost like she's trying to iron out the knots.

Chinese "style" massage is all about going after certain points on your muscles. They don't even touch anything outside of those "points". So you'll get lots of prodding and poking, no long strokes like the Thai style.

The "style" of massage is what you'll get in RNTs. You get the style of massage but it's really informal. Some do it a bit differently than others.

Therapeutic is different. There's a preset sequence of moves for each Thai therapeutic or Chinese therapeutic, but they'll still be using the respective "style" of massage mentioned above. There shouldn't be much variation in the moves.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Don't think I've ever been a "proper" Chinese massage. ("Think" is because maybe I've probably received something akin to it at an RnT but not under a trained and specific masseuse)

Anyone can recommend a legit one around strathy?

Quote Originally Posted by Satantoofuuu View Post
    i need me some of that

where was that done?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    Time to turn over

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman88 View Post
    Simple question

Can you tell the difference between a Thai vs. Chinese massage?

If so, how?

I'm not talking about pt2 either. Genuine question
    The easiest way to tell the difference is during a Thai massage the hands or forearms will stay on your body as they move up, down and about. With Chinese style the hands, forearms or elbows will leave your body and repeat the movement. As stated above a genuine Thai massage is aimed at calming the muscles and soreness whereas a genuine Chinese massage is chasing muscle soreness and stimulating blood flow to relieve pain. Both are different to remedial massage which is more zone or injury specific.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Any recommendations to receive an authentic Thai or Chinese massage?

Quote Originally Posted by personaa View Post
    If you want the authentic remedial chinese massage. Eastlakes shopping centre Gavin. He will only massage you if you truly sick. Like neck problem or back etc, as his massage is medical grade. He will not accept you if you just want to massage and feel light after that.
    Need to warn you but, it is a torture chamber over there lol

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by personaa View Post
    Not sure what your trying to solve but for Chinese head to Burwood or Chatswood and check if the do acupuncture also. For Thai you need them to advertise deep tissue or hot rocks massage. Google will be your friend. The one I used in Burwood was a victim of Covid. And if you are going chinese be ready for the pain 🙏

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Chinese massage is generally more painful as they tend to target specific “knots” in your body. They really dig into these spots which is why some people might feel sore initially. You’ll start feeling better though after awhile.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    thai tends to involve more stretches. chinese more about targeting knots. both can hurt like hell.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by PKING2 View Post
    If you want the authentic remedial chinese massage. Eastlakes shopping centre Gavin. He will only massage you if you truly sick. Like neck problem or back etc, as his massage is medical grade. He will not accept you if you just want to massage and feel light after that.
    Need to warn you but, it is a torture chamber over there lol
    Any recommendation for this type of authentic Chinese massage out west towards Penrith?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    As far as I understand:

Chinese - focus more on pressure points and knots in the body and keep things flowing
    Thai - focus on muscle release and tension, strokes are longer etc

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I find Thai massage more complete experience, more painful more therapeutic for me. Love to try those random shops in bkk and so cheap. Legit massage I mean.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    It depends on whether you really want to relieve muscle soreness or not

Quote Originally Posted by gthgrt View Post
    Any recommendation for this type of authentic Chinese massage out west towards Penrith?
    Sorry man, I live in eastern suburbs, I don't have idea about western suburbs , your best bet is chinese community suburbs. I believe there should be some in Macquarie Park university area. As they have courses about acupuncture in the uni.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I prefer thai massage not sure why

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast