Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Tip on no more ATM Fees forever..

Senior Member(無間使者)

My Tip on no more ATM Fees forever..

My Tip on no more ATM Fees forever..

I know these shops prefer cash, they always make a face and give me a lecture about how I must pay in cash next time (to pay the girls) and that $3 ATM fee always makes me mad.

I signed up for a free account with Macquarie bank = why? No ATM fees forever! (Thank fuck!)

The ATM will say it’s gonna charge you $3 to withdraw cash, I hit yes. Then I get a notification on my iPhone saying Macquarie bank will cover the ATM fee. Excellent!

I no longer have to go on a wild goose chase hunting down an ATM that isn’t going to charge me $3.

Just a tip if that $3 ATM fee stung you last time (like it did for me the last 42 times last financial year…fuck..)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think ing same thing

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think that Ing doesn't charge a fee on overseas transactions either, though I'm open to correction on that. If you are "on tour" it's generally much better from a currency conversion point of view to pay in local currency if using a card. But in many countries the best deals of all can be got with cash $US .

Senior Member(無間使者)
    To get the best exchange rates use Air Wallet or Wise.

Senior Member(無間使者) CursedCoomer's Avatar
    Might have to try this out so I don't have to fuck around and walk to an atm on the other side of the country to avoid fees

Senior Member(無間使者)
    And no international transaction fees too!

Also the “Macquarie bank transaction account” has 4.5% pa interest while the money is just sitting in my account waiting for me to go spend it on some fun… my everyday bank account with the commonwealth bank debit card isn’t giving me any interest…

My coworker also told me to join Macquarie bank last year.. just to avoid those stupid ATM fees… I should’ve listened last year…

And “invest with queenie” also said you
    Can buy discounted gift cards with Macquarie bank too!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I just go to any woolies or Coles and cash out with no fee

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboy View Post
    I just go to any woolies or Coles and cash out with no fee
    Yep this. This is the way.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good idea… but they are not open at 10:30pm-11pm when I wanna go have some fun..

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I love the convenient of tapping away with card or phone but I always carry cash in my wallet I don't feel right or comfortable when my wallet is empty.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Just go to woolies

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by priapus1966 View Post
    I think that Ing doesn't charge a fee on overseas transactions either, though I'm open to correction on that. If you are "on tour" it's generally much better from a currency conversion point of view to pay in local currency if using a card. But in many countries the best deals of all can be got with cash $US .
    That's being changed from August '23. True ING doesn't charge you fees but if the ATM operator does charge a fee, then you'll need to pay. This sucks because Thai ATM's charge an exorbitant fee. Roughly $10 aussie each time.

Does Mac Bank require you do silly things to access free ATM withdrawals? That's one of the things I hated about ING, making min. 5 transactions per month. Got fat on Maccas soft serve because I would get 2-3 in a row sometimes haha

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wank_Somemore View Post
    That's being changed from August '23. True ING doesn't charge you fees but if the ATM operator does charge a fee, then you'll need to pay. This sucks because Thai ATM's charge an exorbitant fee. Roughly $10 aussie each time.

Does Mac Bank require you do silly things to access free ATM withdrawals? That's one of the things I hated about ING, making min. 5 transactions per month. Got fat on Maccas soft serve because I would get 2-3 in a row sometimes haha
    I can do 5 trans in hour 555 no one use cash now I use watch ing good bank in asia

Senior Member(無間使者)

Nope, just sign up for a “premium transaction account” for free. That’s it, no hidden fees with Macquarie bank too….

I used my Macquarie bank debit card yesterday at the Shop ATM at N5M. Goodbye stupid $3 ATM fee!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    yup cash is King it feels good holding on to green & brown notes this is why I don't understand people line up at the ATM to withdraw 20 or 50 why not just withdraw for the week especially white people no offence lmao

Senior Member(無間使者)

You are correct, Ing brought about this change on overseas withdraws between my post and yours (Change is Effective 1 August 23) As well as the 5 transactions per month they also require a minimum of $1000 to be deposited every month. I think that the balance at the end of the month also has to be bigger than at the first of the month. Too many rules to avoid a fair interest payment. Might have to look at Mac Bank.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by priapus1966 View Post
    You are correct, Ing brought about this change on overseas withdraws between my post and yours (Change is Effective 1 August 23) As well as the 5 transactions per month they also require a minimum of $1000 to be deposited every month. I think that the balance at the end of the month also has to be bigger than at the first of the month. Too many rules to avoid a fair interest payment. Might have to look at Mac Bank.
    1000$ easy for month from pay my friend lost money in mac bank in bkk ing big band all over world

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Very surprised some people don't seem to know about the Coles/Woolies self check out cash out option, makes life very easy if you still have a bank account with ATM fees.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TARegistrar View Post
    Very surprised some people don't seem to know about the Coles/Woolies self check out cash out option, makes life very easy if you still have a bank account with ATM fees.
    Can't do that if you use a credit card to pay for groceries. The cash out would be counted as a cash advance, attracting sky high interest charges.

A lot of people use credit cards for day to day spending because they can accumulate a ton of points this way. Plus you can easily get no fees CCs these days. Get a mortgage, you get a fee-free high rewards points card thrown in. Even without a mortgage you can get one, just not a high rewards points type.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Cash is king. Can't see why it's not difficult to withdraw some cash from the ATM and keep it for a future punt rather than worrying about card fees.

It won't be long before cash is phased out completely by governments around the world and digital currency is introduced. The US and EU are doing it. Won't be long before Australia follows them. The banks are already limiting how much customers can withdraw. Then let's see how people will react when everything you do, spend or go to places/shops will be tracked.

I guess shops and girls that benefit from cash transactions will be hardest hit because the government will know everything since the only way to pay with be via their digital currency controlled by a central bank. They won't be able to hide their takings from the taxman.

As for punters, your punting won't be a secret anymore if you can't pay cash and want to continue punting. It's coming boys!
    I've read an article many years ago and Sweden was one of the nation's who were near completely cashless. I think its about only 2% of cash floating in the country. You're right, everyone else is catching on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast