Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiding your punting from wife

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Hiding your punting from wife

Hi Punters,

know there's been a few threads on this topic - but just want to gauge how those guys with partners can hide the financial side of things.

My wife and I both work full time and our salaries goes into the same account. All withdrawals are transparent, so currently i'm doing about $50-100 cash withdrawal a week for work lunch/pub drinks (probably the max weekly withdrawal without raising suspicion), then after 2-3 weeks of savings gives me enough for a decent FS punt.

I've looked at opening a separate account and doing split payments in that from my employer's payment, just wary of getting caught out in the end and having to explain myself.

Just putting it out there if anyone's in the same boat and managed a plausible work-around.

Cheers.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Full financial transparency? Man that's going to be tough, especially if it's a joint account, if your wife's very detail-oriented type and checks everything carefully then you are doomed mate, lol. The only way I can think of is to do more grocery runs by yourself, withdraw a decent amount of cash and then head to one of those Asian grocery stores and pay by cash, leave the receipt, and save the rest. Lunch and pub drinks won't save you much lol.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    $50-$100 per week for lunch/pub drinks! Geez I do that everyday. Mate you are destined to get caught out.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Have a mate that owns a business, use your card for. $350 transaction. Give him $10 keep $340.

Or if youre really desperate open your own ABN, set up EFTPOS, open bank account. Tell your wife you have purchased something for home, use card on said EFTPOS, withdraw from said EFTPOS account and pay the small fees on that to keep it all hush hush. Easy.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Or you can tell your wife you are having some horrible back issue/pain and you need to go to a legit massage shop for weekly treatment (cash-only), instead you go for a drink, every second week you go for a punt with the money saved from that and your lunch etc

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Regularly mention to your wife that you hate paying the extra 1 percent for tap and go. And you prefer to pay cash. Over time it will stick with her. Then you can withdraw more cash to pay for everyday expenses.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If you are methodical, sportsbetting sites offer promotions that if you are consistent and restrained you should profit over the long term. I don’t punt a lot, but that has been an income stream for myself

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Tell wife you going to increase withdraw to $150 weekly due to inflation 50 to 100 is too little to save of a punt.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Ah good advice. All the more reason to withdraw and hold onto cash.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    The next time you change the company, may be tell your wife that they require your account to have the exact same name as yours (i.e. joint accounts would have both name and would not match). Then just agree to send a fixed contribution to the joint account every month. The rest is all yours and is unmonitored.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    This is probably the worse advice ever, but use some of that fun money to slap the pokies, and use the winnings on a punt,

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_pete View Post
    Hi Punters,

know there's been a few threads on this topic - but just want to gauge how those guys with partners can hide the financial side of things.

My wife and I both work full time and our salaries goes into the same account. All withdrawals are transparent, so currently i'm doing about $50-100 cash withdrawal a week for work lunch/pub drinks (probably the max weekly withdrawal without raising suspicion), then after 2-3 weeks of savings gives me enough for a decent FS punt.

I've looked at opening a separate account and doing split payments in that from my employer's payment, just wary of getting caught out in the end and having to explain myself.

Just putting it out there if anyone's in the same boat and managed a plausible work-around.

Cheers.
    With my regular lady I use PayPal so I don't have to use cash but for punting I have to use cash. I have separate account and more than one plus I am doing ebay side hustle to get extra cash she don't even see my business finances. In your case I would suggest you both get an extra separate account each for your own personal use. Then you get your pay put into your own account and transfer an agreed amount to the joint one. Your doing it really tough if all your funds are going into the joint account. And if you rely 100% on a job salary as well that's hard unless you earn big money. Not that I would want it to happen to you but if you ever get caught out and faced with a divorce you got no separate money to protect yourself. There is always a risk for us married guys that your going to get caught one day. Best have separate accounts along with the joint one and you need savings of your own as well. You could get more cash out with your own account.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I have absolutely 0 idea why a couple would put all their funds into one account.

Whos to say your wife even doesn't have her own funds somewhere? She might have her own emergency account you don't know about in case you break up with her.

You are literally asking for relationship problems by doing this. Even with the best intentions, suddenly she'll grab that expensive outfit purse or whatever. And you'll have to cop it cause it's "our" money even though you might earn double as much. And you can't do shit about it. Or it could be the other way around. And you go and buy yourself a ps5 or something and she's on your case about it. You trying to use it's "our" money don't work the other way around I guara-fuckin-tee if she's earning more.

It's like the 101 of even being in a relationship no matter your sexual orientation or anything.

KEEP A SEPERATE ACCOUNT.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imaragingbull View Post
    If you are methodical, sportsbetting sites offer promotions that if you are consistent and restrained you should profit over the long term. I don’t punt a lot, but that has been an income stream for myself
    Nah, can't do that here in NSW. Sports betting promotions mostly are not available to us due to the state legislations.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    OP reminds me a dude I met at work many years ago who received only $5 a day allowance from his "wife" (more like Mom if you ask me!). This guy was grumpy almost 24/7, lol!

To OP, I can think of a hundred ideas, but I can only think of one good one: divorce her and regain your freedom, my bro!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    One joint account ??? No way.

Start another expensive hobby/sport, fishing, golf etc and tell your missus that you're going to allocate "X" each week into your "hobby" account ... and suggest she do the same for her clothing, cosmetics, girls nights out etc.

Buy a cheap set of equipment and keep a steady cash outgoing for your upgrades [not all of which is spent on the new hobby, but goes into another secret account]. To keep it honest buy some new cheap stuff regularly so the collection grows. As expected, you'll be lousy at fishing/golf, but it also buys 4 to 5 hours of free time. With the new accounts, elect to receive paperless statements.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My wife and I have 1 joint account and its never been a problem. I restrict my punting to approximately once per month and just withdraw $90 one week, $120 the next etc in those smallish amounts. She has never questioned what I do with the cash. But then, she hasn't worked for many years and a lot of our assets are in her name for tax purposes, so she feels financially secure. You just need to not get carried away punting too often and don't make stupid mistakes.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If OP gets caught after punting and she leaves him he will be out on the street with no money. Watch how quickly she would transfer all the joint account funds into her own name account and I bet she has one. And in case of a divorce you really should have your own account or separate funds as other have been saying. Being married and punting always increases the chances of getting caught out. Be smarter.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Nah, can't do that here in NSW. Sports betting promotions mostly are not available to us due to the state legislations.
    I think you’re r right - does that extend to bonus bets / money back offers?

I’m a part of a syndicate with a few mates in Brisbane and we just abuse promos and profit consistently

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Setup a CommSec account.

Get employer to send a portion of your salary there.
    Tell your wife you are investing in shares.

Every 500-1000 buy some safe index ETFs like Vanguards VAS/VGS mix.
    Leave some for punting, use the CommSec card to withdraw to cash.
    Win win, investing for the future and the short term relief.

Welcome to CommSex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast