Thread: Line app scams

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Line app scams

Just curious about line and if people run any scams on it. Downloaded the app recently and I've had two chinese girls add me because one I showed up as a contact in their phones but further investigation was that they said it was a wrong digit in a number and the second was because her friend gave her the wrong number or got the number wrong.

Sussing them out whilst chatting and they seem to be real people, both live in Australia, they actually are making decent convo with me and i haven't been asked for money yet or to sign up for something lol,

so has anybody had a similar experience like this because it's some sly scam or some AI bullshit??

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Lots of scams on Line

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Eventually they always start talking about crypto currency, that's when I stop talking to them.
    Never give any personal details

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yep, had a convo for a while with a girl in Singapore. I suspected a scam from the very beginning, but thought I would see where it went. Chatting, some nice pics sent through, which all appeared consistent. Very attractive girl. The crunch came when she started talking about work, some company that was about to make a big release. She told me I could make a lot of money if I got on it. I checked th3 company, which was listed on the Singapore exchange. Anyway, she got a bit put out when I didn’t invest, told her I wasn’t in the habit of taking investment advice from some rando on Line. Very quickly reduced the comms after that. I suspect she was on commission to pump the stock.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    You should delete and block them straight away, once they get your details they will try to take out a bank loan in your name,
    So never tell them anything,

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Search for the phrase pig butchering

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    Search for the phrase pig butchering
    You find a lot of them on TikTok, trying to get you to follow them,
    Non of them are registered or insured brokers

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Sure. There’s tons of this crap. You can be sure that begins that pretty pic of a girl from Singapore is a smelly man wearing worn sandals.

I’ve led some on and they always try to get your personal info. Told one that I’ve tracked his IP and triangulated the location and that I’m coming to slit his throat and play with his blood. They didn’t continue the conversation after that.

Block and report. Always.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Lol I got one of those on telegram. Message out of the blue. Claims she got my phone number somehow while she was in Sydney working. Chinese girl. Decent looking. Pretended to be wealthy and in property industry. Showed me how much money she was making in this obscure trading platform. Asked if I’m interested in using it. Didn’t even want to register to that website even with my fake backup email address. Pretended to be interested to see where the conversation would lead to. She even video called me one time. In the end she got frustrated of my non commitment to signing up. I told her I suspected she’s a scammer and she tried to convince me one last time with some bs story before giving up lol. It was somewhat interesting while it lasted. Tried to get her to send me a naked pic :P

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It could also be the settings in Line where contacts can be auto added. You yourself can auto add everyone who uses Line in your contact list OR anyone who has your number will auto add as well. Maybe you had passed your number in the past and forgot about it.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I always ask if they offer good investment advice or good deals why are they cold calling me to get me to invest. Why don't they invest themselves and get rich.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Get this as well. "Oh somehow I have your number. We must have met" etc.
    Then guaranteed they will bring up crypto, gold trading or something similar.
    Used to get it on wechat all the time too. Was fun to play around with them for a while but I just don't have time for that any more.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Line for Thai's, WeChat for Chinese; I have both apps. But I manually add contacts, usually by QRcode scan, either I scan hers or she scans mine. I don't allow "Auto add friends", and ignore friend recommendations. A necessity when in Thailand, so useful for keeping in contact with friends. A FEW dubious messages, but I just block.

It's always a good idea to be cautious when it comes to unexpected interactions, especially online. While it's not uncommon to connect with new people through apps like Line, your vigilance is essential.
    Your approach of sussing out the situation and being alert to any unusual requests is a wise one. Sometimes, people genuinely connect for friendly conversations, and not every interaction is a scam or AI-driven.
    If you want to learn more about staying safe and secure while using apps like Line or dealing with potential scams, exploring resources like cash giraffe reviews can provide insights and tips on online safety.