Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Roundup: Transportation vs Location - What type of transportation you guys use?

Super Fans (忠實Fans) Footballpunter's Avatar

Weekend Roundup: Transportation vs Location - What type of transportation you guys use?

It's still the weekend for me so let's go another round.

What's your preferred mode of transportation when you go punting? Do you take into account where the shop is when you decide?

For me, since I was only in Sydney for work so I didn't rent a car. I usually use public transportation or maybe some uber depending on where the shop is located.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    My preference is to not have to drive, especially the inner city shops because the parking is really onerous. Most of the street parking are all 1P only so there's also a risk of getting a fine.
    Other shops in the burbs like 42G and N5M, I'd drive there.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I mostly go to local RnTs so I walk to my desired punting destinations

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I’ll walk to the local whorehouses in my area.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I am a Alpha male, not a simp, so the girls come to me, Than i wake up and realise i am 51 years old bald male,
    the only way i am going to get a girl here in Sydney, if she is a gold digger, or a whore, either way i still have to pay for it,
    And in that case i rather drive than walk

Junior Member(有D料到)
    You don't know how lucky you are .... for me it's a 4 hour drive to Sydney or a good hour's drive to the closest RnT in a small country town .... and as the CWA rule the roost out here, that country town remains nameless.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Python View Post
    I am a Alpha male, not a simp, so the girls come to me, Than i wake up and realise i am 51 years old bald male,
    the only way i am going to get a girl here in Sydney, if she is a gold digger, or a whore, either way i still have to pay for it,
    Thanks for the chuckle!

I drive (but aren't in Sydney).... making sure to park at a safe distance! The first time I punted here I had the place in mind, did a recce to work out where I'd park, and excuses I could use if it went tits up and I was spotted! Lucky there is an Officeworks right close by....

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Being a visitor, it's public transportation which I am impressed with. Only trouble is trying to remember to swipe OFF... I use Google maps to provide the route. Will even tell you how many stops to go (just remember to turn off the sound - once had a loud announcement of mp destination). And it gives you the travel time; I try to keep it within an hour, but willing to make exceptions if a place sounds interesting . Plus it's a good way to throw in some sightseeing... Like the old brick factories along the train tracks...and the graffiti...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglo View Post
    You don't know how lucky you are .... for me it's a 4 hour drive to Sydney or a good hour's drive to the closest RnT in a small country town .... and as the CWA rule the roost out here, that country town remains nameless.
    What about during fruit picking season? Don’t you get tons of backpackers out there?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Public transport as much as possible but if I have to drive then I park 5-10 minutes walk away.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I drive, then walk like 5-10 mins to the city shops

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost2hauntU View Post
    What about during fruit picking season? Don’t you get tons of backpackers out there?
    Any my age you wouldn't want to go near ..... and the young ones are easy prey for the younger single men.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Walking distance to city shops or by train to suburbs shops. Uber/Didi if I'm feeling rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Python View Post
    hahaha, good one.

One reason I would rule out driving, in general, is that traffic in sydney seems to be pretty bad. I feel like taking the train and walk 5-10 mins would guarantee my time a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Being a visitor, it's public transportation which I am impressed with. Only trouble is trying to remember to swipe OFF... I use Google maps to provide the route. Will even tell you how many stops to go (just remember to turn off the sound - once had a loud announcement of mp destination). And it gives you the travel time; I try to keep it within an hour, but willing to make exceptions if a place sounds interesting . Plus it's a good way to throw in some sightseeing... Like the old brick factories along the train tracks...and the graffiti...
    So where are you from, buddy? If you don't mind me asking. I'm not from sydney either and I love the public transportation system here. Much better than from where I'm from.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballpunter View Post
    hahaha, good one.

One reason I would rule out driving, in general, is that traffic in sydney seems to be pretty bad. I feel like taking the train and walk 5-10 mins would guarantee my time a bit better.
    The worst thing about driving to get to any inner city shop is the parking. Both the time limit and the availability. There was 1 time I made the mistake of driving to Ginza Club on a Friday evening. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. No parking nearby, so I went parked literally in another postcode and ended up getting to my booking late. Worse, I had a 1hr booking and the bloody time limit on the parking was 1P.
    But I was so keen to see my girl I just said fuck it, if it happens it happens (the fine that is).

After that nightmare, I made it a point, not gonna drive to any inner city shop (CBD, Surry Hills, etc.). Public transport or Uber if it's raining.
    Heck, I'd even use one of those pay-per-ride bikes that you see on the streets. Just ride it there and chuck it aside, lol.

Banned
    I normally catch trains to the massage parlours.

One shop defies any mode of public transport is Lallabel's at South Granville.

No idea at all how to get there.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I usually drive and park on nearby street parking.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    I normally catch trains to the massage parlours.

One shop defies any mode of public transport is Lallabel's at South Granville.

No idea at all how to get there.
    Seems a number of shops are within walking distance of train stations. For those that are not, I admire the bus coverage. Really like the buses that have video screens displaying the stops. Beats "the stop after McDonald's" visual marker that if you blink, you're walking back a stop or two.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    The worst thing about driving to get to any inner city shop is the parking. Both the time limit and the availability. There was 1 time I made the mistake of driving to Ginza Club on a Friday evening. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. No parking nearby, so I went parked literally in another postcode and ended up getting to my booking late. Worse, I had a 1hr booking and the bloody time limit on the parking was 1P.
    But I was so keen to see my girl I just said fuck it, if it happens it happens (the fine that is).

After that nightmare, I made it a point, not gonna drive to any inner city shop (CBD, Surry Hills, etc.). Public transport or Uber if it's raining.
    Heck, I'd even use one of those pay-per-ride bikes that you see on the streets. Just ride it there and chuck it aside, lol.
    imagine biking to go punting. thats gold lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast