Thread: What do you do ??

Senior Member(無間使者)

What do you do ??

Recently when visiting some privates I have noticed their "security" more. For most people this would probably be off-putting, but I do recognise these guys for who and what they are and doing.

I generally say hi to them and ask if they are going to waiting around outside, or come up and sit in the lounge which is probably more comfortable. Mostly they just walk me up, BUT, BUT if it is the first time at that premises or that girl I always let them go in first so I can check the lady and be able to back if if not suitable/match etc.

I wonder if other guys see and recognise them and what they do ?? I suspect a lot wont even notice them, and of they do ignore them.

As an aside, today I was in Arncliffe to do a job and was let in by one of these guys and as I was about to walk into the unit, stopped and saidf, this is not the right unit, I was actually doing a service call in the next door unit. We had a laugh and I dropped in after for a cuppa anyway

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Well, mate, it's like this: when I visit those secret squirrel joints, I've got my eye on the "security" fellas. Now, most folks might find that a bit of a buzzkill, but not me. I see them for who they are and what they do, and I'm all for it.

So, here's the drill: I stroll in, say a cheery g'day to the bouncers, and throw 'em the classic, "You hanging outside or joining me in the VIP lounge?" But here's the twist - if it's my first rodeo at that joint or with that particular lady, I let those beefed-up guardians go in first. That way, I can give the gal a quick once-over and make sure she's a good match. Gotta keep the standards up, right?

Now, I've often wondered if the other blokes even notice these unsung heroes or if they just breeze on by without a care in the world. Some might be in their own world, and others might just give 'em the ol' cold shoulder.

But let me tell ya, I had a ripper of a day once. I was out in Arncliffe, all set to do a job, and one of these security legends let me in. But just as I was about to waltz into the unit, I had a lightbulb moment and thought, "Nah, this ain't the right address, mate!" We had a good chuckle about it, and I swung by later for a cuppa. Turns out, even in the most unexpected places, a laugh and a cuppa can make your day!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    What shocked me when I 'started' 2 years ago was the lack of any visible security at the shop.... I was expecting to be checked over by a 7' bald guy called Hercules before I got in the door. I think I remember thinking the same back in 2006 at a sporadic punt I did then in Brisbane. Clearly the bottom lines aren't enough to cover or the risk is considered low enough.
    ---
    “I've been thinking with my guts since I was fourteen years old, and frankly speaking, between you and me, I have come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains.”
    ― Nick Hornby, High Fidelity