Thread: Can a WeChat user explain to me how to install it?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

Can a WeChat user explain to me how to install it?

I downloaded the windows (computer) version and it asks you to scan the qr code to make it work, but when you do that, the link is broken in my phone?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    No. WeChat needs to be installed on your smartphone. you must use the same mobile phone number as the smartphone you are installing WeChat in. The app will send the verification code to your phone and it will automatically detect the code for you. After WeChat has been installed on your phone, you can then use it on your Windows computer. When the QR code comes up on your computer, you must use the QR code scanner within the WeChat app to scan it. Only then can it be linked.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeck80 View Post
    I downloaded the windows (computer) version and it asks you to scan the qr code to make it work, but when you do that, the link is broken in my phone?
    There are literally hundreds of reasons why this could be happening, and without precise information about the hardware used, other software on your devices, permission settings, error logs etc., nobody here will be able to diagnose that for you.
    But anyway, WeChat is meant to be a mobile app, what's the point using it on a laptop or desktop - unless you intent to write novels...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    why do people who don't know anything insist on talking shit in here ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlco777 View Post
    No. WeChat needs to be installed on your smartphone. you must use the same mobile phone number as the smartphone you are installing WeChat in. The app will send the verification code to your phone and it will automatically detect the code for you. After WeChat has been installed on your phone, you can then use it on your Windows computer. When the QR code comes up on your computer, you must use the QR code scanner within the WeChat app to scan it. Only then can it be linked.
    thank you for that. i've managed to get it working on my laptop.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by miiata View Post
    why do people who don't know anything insist on talking shit in here ?

Information recently sent to me by one of the admins here:

Quote Originally Posted by Aus99 Moderator
    Keep an eye on these usernames, they all could be related: Nuruguru, Gavinator, No Pay, Miiata, Nathan A

Maybe keep it down a notch with your multi-username trolling?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    maybe i don't read good, but i thought the moderator is accusing you of being the same person and all

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravvg View Post
    maybe i don't read good, but i thought the moderator is accusing you of being the same person and all
    If this is directed at me, you're reading it wrong.

That's what the mod sent to me after I reported 'HerpetElogy' - which got that account banned...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Ah .. if you check the wechat website, there is an Ios version, an android version and a ... windows version. I was thinking about it using it on my computer.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlco777 View Post
    Ok that makes sense. Once it is installed, can I use it on a phone and computer at the same time? As in, installed on both, but you can be logged in from both? Im used to doing that with discord.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    after you use your phone to scan the QR code on your computer, the page that comes up on your computer is similar to the one you see on your phone. you can then type messages on your computer and send them as if you are on your phone. but your phone WeChat has to stay logged on.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Excellent thanks.