Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Setup or Home Theatre

Senior Member(無間使者)

Music Setup or Home Theatre

Hi All,

I suspect there's a lot of audiophiles lurking on this forum. What kind of music/home theatre system do we have and share a photo if you want !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I’ve got a Sonos setup for my TV, beam gen.2, sub mini and 2 ones. I also have a 5 connected to my turntable and I have various a couple of ones through out my place, all linked via wifi. When it works it’s pretty good, though sometimes they can have a tantrum. Not an audiophile setup, but they sound ok

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I have 2 Technics SL 1200 MK2
    Sansui AU 717 and JBL 4412 Control Monitors

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I had a nice NAD amp at one stage, and home built speakers (even built the crossovers), I have a valve amp I built too, but it's in the garage these days. I've given in to convenience, tend to listen with ear pods or a bluetooth speaker! sacrilegious I know....

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If you are looking to set up a system just buy a smart tv that’s compatible with airplay from your phone so you can stream to the tv, and a decent blue tooth smart speaker, this is perfect as it doesn’t take up much room,
    I personally have a Bose home theatre package with a 65 inch Samsung tv that I watch laser discs on, when I have time, but normally I am just watching my iPad Pro in the bedroom at night before I go to bed

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The little valve amp I built was awesome, and sounds great.... but I had a toddler at the time, and those red hot valves weren't a great idea.....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I've been using soundbars for a few years now but thought i'd get a pair of decent speakers for music. Ended up getting a set of klipsch towers and a matching sub woofer ... music sounds much better through a dedicated pioneer amp with these spears than a soundbar.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Just treated myself to a brand new anthem amp and Focals over the weekend.. In heaven!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    NAD Analog AMP and tuner setup (built well so no need to replace after nearly 20 years of daily use), Topfield set top box and a pair of Krix Neuphonix speakers

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I have a klipsch system and love it. Use it fur movies only but it is great

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    I have 2 Technics SL 1200 MK2
    Sansui AU 717 and JBL 4412 Control Monitors
    hey Lomax

Sansui..havent heard that for a while...great brand!! SL 1200s...u dj..??? hahaha

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansimp9 View Post
    Just treated myself to a brand new anthem amp and Focals over the weekend.. In heaven!
    Focal speakers ... good taste my man!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchtheboss View Post
    I have a klipsch system and love it. Use it fur movies only but it is great
    even makes Taylor Swift sound like a true vocalist ... try it =)

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by refokkused View Post
    I had a sweet pair of Focals in my old Astina - they were *sweet*! Certainly better than the shite Subaru put in stock Foresters.....

Quote Originally Posted by refokkused View Post
    For speakers, try the Martin Logan, that’s my favourite.

A friend of mine has his home theatre setup with a pair of Martin Logan Monolith, powered by a four piece set of Mark Levinson amp, complete with Duntech surround and Mirage subwoofer, that sounds better than in the cinema !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Years ago - 14 in fact.... I was starting to build a huge pair of single driver horn speakers, to be driven by the valve amp I built.... would have stood about six foot high too. Then my son was born, and it was on the back burner.... it never got off that burner, I think I ended up throwing out a half a tonne of MDF I had cut up to build the cabinets too.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by bung72 View Post
    I had a sweet pair of Focals in my old Astina - they were *sweet*! Certainly better than the shite Subaru put in stock Foresters.....
    quite a few years ago I had a subbie S - supposedly had a subwoofer under the front seats - still rubbish!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The Bose system in my Mazda 6 is pretty good. I also have a Bose 900 soundbar + 700 Bass Module connected to the TV.
    Also have a Cambridge Audio amp and a Rega Planar 2 turntable that doesn't get used much these days.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I still have a Linn LP12 turntable, Naim Amp & Linn speakers that also don't get used much nowadays..

Apartment living is limited to two Sonos Moves setup for stereo.

At home my 10 years+ Marantz with Boston Acoustics floor standing front, shelf centre and rear. Self powered Sunfire HRS 12 bass with 12" woofer at 1,000w. Love when no one's home to crank it up until the whole house shakes.

Back in the day in my car was an Alpine front then Pioneer detachable face with CD Stacker that could play MP3 from DVDs. Two 12" Image Dynamics IDQ 12s, Focal 6 by 9s and splits, Hifonics mono block for the subs and another multi channel for everything else. I still have my subs and amp sitting doing nothing. My current car's Burmester system is balanced nicely plus it's hard to change anything on current model cars.

My go to places are Len Wallace in Lane Cove, Addicted to Audio in Newtown and Minidisc in Chatswood.

Lately it's been the Grado paired with the little Audioquest Dragonfly Red. Open headphones are awesome for indoor use but are noisy for everyone else.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast