Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your Greatest Alibi to your Wife/Partner when you got caught Punting?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    100% never say you where doing something out of your routine, otherwise a million questions will start flying out of her mouth and the second words would be you are cheating on me you bastard

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by bung72 View Post
    I was going to post a similar topic about my experience just yesterday....

Wife was away Sunday night in Sydney.... usually home mid afternoon Monday. Great - booked a nice local girl for 1.30 Monday - she agreed to come in early for me (another story).... Anyway after this I found out wife was returning NLT 1pm.... :O
    I thought my best bet was to be showered and good to go, then leave after she got home (should prevent phone calls wondering where I was), with the story I was going for a walk in the local national park (which I luckily do a lot). Mowed the lawn, so my shower wouldn't seem weird... pinched a cake of soap from the bathroom to use at the shop, kissed her goodbye and went punting (with hiking backpack over my shoulder - this was needed), then drove directly to pick up the kids after school. It was my third visit with this 20 year old, she seems into me a lot (I tip her handsomely), and we kissed A LOT.... in the car noted my lips were chafed and red as fuck (she had a touch of vulval stubble too - lots of DATY). When asked by my wife about my lips - 'I know - they are sore, it was windy and cold out there today' - I'm lucky it actually was! Fuck - so many things can go wrong!
    In the words of John Cusack in High Fidelity (2000) - 'I am a fucking asshole'....
    You’ve given a lot of specifics here. Wife away Sunday. Her plans changed and she was arriving back 1pm. Mowed the lawn, showered, told your wife you were going to National park, conversation about lips. You’d better hope she doesn’t stumble on this public forum!

And hopefully 1972 isn’t your birth year

Junior Member(有D料到)
    “It wasn’t me”. Then hit play on the song.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The problem i find with being married/partnered and being a punter is that there are times that you're free to punt but your favourite WL or a WL you want to try may not be rostered.

I have Saturday arvos and Monday mornings free and the risk of getting caught is minimal.

The other issue is that sometimes when you're free to punt but not really in the mood or just don't feel it. I sometimes have free nights but am mentally drained from work to find the energy to go for a punt. Might have something to do with age.

But because I keep to those strict hours only I have never had to make an excuse.

Oh no I lie...one time last year I was at 88 Artarmon on a Monday morning. Now I always put my phone on flight mode but forgot this time and yeh it didn't stop buzzing (was on silent)for most of the session. Sure enough was the Mrs. She was in a panic as my Son had been taken to hospital. She angrily asked why I hadn't answered. I told her I was picking up some parts for work so left the phone in the car.

I think putting your phone on silent is the better option or else you need to come up with an excuse why your phone was switched off for an hour if its in flight mode.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by ch12121978 View Post
    You’ve given a lot of specifics here. Wife away Sunday. Her plans changed and she was arriving back 1pm. Mowed the lawn, showered, told your wife you were going to National park, conversation about lips. You’d better hope she doesn’t stumble on this public forum!

And hopefully 1972 isn’t your birth year
    Dozens of things can go wrong in this game and blow your cover.... I think the chances of my wife reading this forum and happening to recognise details from one particular poster are the least of my worries.... or maybe I'm just self sabotaging? I do have a conscience....
    Browser history - now that would be a problem!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    The problem i find with being married/partnered and being a punter is that there are times that you're free to punt but your favourite WL or a WL you want to try may not be rostered.
    I have Saturday arvos and Monday mornings free and the risk of getting caught is minimal.
    I only have a window just after lunch one week day a week, very occasional evening, very rare full weekend, so I feel your struggle. Although the lovely young WG I'm a little smitten with at present is usually on in my weekly window...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    I think putting your phone on silent is the better option or else you need to come up with an excuse why your phone was switched off for an hour if its in flight mode.
    Absolutely. I never turn my phone off - so that would be a red flag. I only share my location with my son, my wife has never brought that bit up, luckily. It would tough to refuse if asked! I briefly turn off sharing when 'going out'.... If my wife is at home I've even thought about accidentally leaving my phone at home, just in case.... So far she has never called me, rarely does anyway!

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Switching off phone or putting it in airplane mode is asking for trouble.

Just switch to silent, turn off vibrate, and make sure it is on a stable surface like facing down on the table. Make sure nothing is in contact with the screen cos if it slips and touches something like a towel or something it could accidentally pick up the call for you.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Make sure nothing is in contact with the screen cos if it slips and touches something like a towel or something it could accidentally pick up the call for you.
    Remember some of the older Nokias could be set to auto-answer..... In these shops is definitely not the place to be pocket dialing people either....

Get into the habit of not picking up calls quickly every time - it shouldn't be particularly unusual that you haven't answered. My phone is on silent a lot (from work) so that works well for me.

On the upside, the death of the landline has been a boon - no unanswered calls (that you weren't aware of) to give away you not being home....

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Dozens of things can go wrong in this game and blow your cover.... I think the chances of my wife reading this forum and happening to recognise details from one particular poster are the least of my worries.... or maybe I'm just self sabotaging? I do have a conscience....
    I always use “private” option in all the browsers I use when looking at this forum or others of this nature. I just assumed that would mean no trail is left. Admittedly my tech knowledge is low so this assumption could be totally wrong. Appreciate if someone could fill me in?

Senior Member(無間使者) curiousgeorge1023's Avatar
    Private browsing and/or Incognito mode is good enough not to leave a trace.

If you want A1 Opsec, well.... You might need to use TAILS & TOR browser, overkill for most really.

Daily routine ie Gym, Watching movie, going to bunnings are all a good way to mask an hour of punting. But more than that, you might actually have to chuck a ' sickie ' at work then you have the whole day for yourself. 🤘

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by ch12121978 View Post
    I always use “private” option in all the browsers I use when looking at this forum or others of this nature. I just assumed that would mean no trail is left. Admittedly my tech knowledge is low so this assumption could be totally wrong. Appreciate if someone could fill me in?
    That's right.... but you lose convenience having to log in all the time.... Chrome needs a way to selectively stop some sites appearing in the history....

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It wasn't me

-shaggy

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I work so many different shifts that bounce around and pick up so much variable overtime it all blends - start early and finish late etc -

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Agreed - recently found a used condom wrapped in tissue (that I was asked to remove from a shop) 3/4 weeks later found it in my car rubbish compartment drivers window. In my wallet now to show ML as a memento-

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeis629 View Post
    Agreed - recently found a used condom wrapped in tissue (that I was asked to remove from a shop) 3/4 weeks later found it in my car rubbish compartment drivers window. In my wallet now to show ML as a memento-
    Note - it was used but empty - resorted to HJ on this occasion

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchtheboss View Post
    I don’t have a partner but I just want to say that this is a great threat. I look forward to the responses
    Make a list of the possible alibies!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge1023 View Post
    Gym is always a good alibi
    can't go wrong with that one!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballpunter View Post
    my greatest alibi is I'm on my work trip. I don't punt when I'm not traveling.
    that makes perfect sense! thanks for contributing to the thread!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Groundwork, it's all about the groundwork. Laying the foundation to ensure that, when you punt, there is no chance of you being caught or found out.
    I have stuck to this approach and never been caught in 25+ years of punting.

Hard to explain what it is, you almost need some acumen about it. One example, I've punted plenty of times in HK while still married to my HK ex-wife. We'd travel to HK and stay with relos for weeks on end. On those trips, I'd spend all my time with her, and then allocate 1 or 2 days where I can go out on my own. That's when I punt.

Or as football said, he only punts when he travels for work. That's another solid foundation right there.
    Hope we don't jinx your record bro! haha nicely done! keep it discreet!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Python View Post
    the best way to punt without getting caught is to know your misses schedule, than work with that, don't make any excuses to go out without her when its suppose to be your time together, also encourage her to go out with her GFs for some retail therapy at least every second weekend, so she has her own quality time away from you, so she won't get suspicious of you doing the same.
    On Holidays i recommend you book her a day Spa package that takes up a few hours so she can relax, than you can dash off for a punt.
    I like it! the way of a true ninja! hidden moves!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast