Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AR section getting trashed by blatant paid reviews

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    Has anyone non shill visited 161 Chatswood yet?
    I haven’t. That’s not Roseville rose right?

Senior Member(無間使者) rubit moore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus99 Moderator View Post
    A warning to this post.

We don’t mind if you don’t contribute to the AR section, but do not call others BS.
    You’re happy to step in when a punter voices this opinion but nothing gets done about blatant shills spamming the fuck out of this forum. There’s been loads in the past few months, think Windsor et al, Lalabells/ 88a and now 161 who are really scraping the bottom of the Petri dish - all with a low count of posts, and Mods still let it carry on.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchtheboss View Post
    I haven’t. That’s not Roseville rose right?
    Dunno. Might pop in myself and do a secret shopper kinda of thing. Don't really give a shit about 50% off. Their prices aren't expensive considering my regular shops and privates.

Banned
    Dunno. Might pop in myself and do a secret shopper kinda of thing. Don't really give a shit about 50% off. Their prices aren't expensive considering my regular shops and privates.
    You can give your 50% discount to me.

With my own 50% discount I could have 100% discount from the shop.

It'll be a free punt in 161 Chatswood for me. Christmas comes early.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    You can give your 50% discount to me.

With my own 50% discount I could have 100% discount from the shop.

It'll be a free punt in 161 Chatswood for me. Christmas comes early.
    Well whether I get the 50% or not depends on whether I deem the shop good or not. I'm fairly certain a negative AR doesn't qualify for 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by rubit moore View Post
    You’re happy to step in when a punter voices this opinion but nothing gets done about blatant shills spamming the fuck out of this forum. There’s been loads in the past few months, think Windsor et al, Lalabells/ 88a and now 161 who are really scraping the bottom of the Petri dish - all with a low count of posts, and Mods still let it carry on.
    A shill doesn’t have a label on his head, it’s the readers who define a shill. Moreover, there’s no forum rules that prohibits writing AR for discounts, no action is necessary.

But attacking others is violating forum rules, hence he’s warned.

If a shop overdoing this AR strategy, it’s them who will suffer the consequences, as punters fed up with that and shun the shop, although I doubt it. It’s not our role to intervene.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Has anyone non shill visited 161 Chatswood yet?
    No, I get too easily distracted.
    There's too many shops to try between the train station and 161.
    Last month I was on my way to VIP pyrmont and I ended up at the legit shop on the corner lol

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus99 Moderator View Post
    A shill doesn’t have a label on his head, it’s the readers who define a shill. Moreover, there’s no forum rules that prohibits writing AR for discounts, no action is necessary.

But attacking others is violating forum rules, hence he’s warned.

If a shop overdoing this AR strategy, it’s them who will suffer the consequences, as punters fed up with that and shun the shop, although I doubt it. It’s not our role to intervene.
    Actually, all the other shops that advertise here would suffer, not only them. In more than 1 way.

First, it will cause people to no longer want to go into the AR section to read reviews. That affects all shops.

Also, there's only 1 list of ARs, only 1 thread can be at the top spot, second spot, and so on. If the spam occupies all the top spots, the other ARs of other shop girls will drop out.

Merely stating the facts here, up to you how you want to run your forum.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    I love the ones who promise to write an AR once they have the intel or their question answered, but ... never an AR to be seen, just more questions, and more questions, and more questions... For me, it's RTFF or UTFSE...

Back in the dark ages, before smart phones and apps, it was all phone numbers. I'd ask the girl if it was OK if I passed along her number, and EVERY time her answer was "Is he like you?" Since I couldn't answer, I didn't.
    Yep, always happy to take but never hear a peep out of them when it's time to give. My favourite is "pm me details bro", like, why don't you PM the guy and ask nicely first? Is it too much to ask? Maybe offer something in return as well?

Of course there are fucking superstars who are happy to share in the true spirit, those guys are the unsung heroes of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Actually, all the other shops that advertise here would suffer, not only them. In more than 1 way.

First, it will cause people to no longer want to go into the AR section to read reviews. That affects all shops.

Also, there's only 1 list of ARs, only 1 thread can be at the top spot, second spot, and so on. If the spam occupies all the top spots, the other ARs of other shop girls will drop out.

Merely stating the facts here, up to you how you want to run your forum.
    You have evidence of what you said ? On the contrary, the statistics show the opposite.

We are monitoring every aspect of the forum, action will be taken when necessary, that’s the end of this discussion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123