Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Therapy or addiction? Defining the fine line.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    More of therapeutic for me. It calms my soul

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost2hauntU View Post
    I’ve always viewed my punting as therapy.

When I feel the need for an adjustment, I’ll go and punt and usually walk out feeling pretty damn good, confident and energised for at least the next few days before the feeing starts to subside. The best punts keep me motivated and energetic over a week. On average, I go 2x per month and spend $350.

One can spend easily 500 bucks on a 8-10 visits to a chiro or physio and get fuck all value for their money.
    Or a shrink for $250/hr who asks you how your family is and prescribed drugs.

In my 25 years of punting, I have yet to come across a better therapy for the human body and soul than fucking a sexually compatible woman. And releasing your load with her.

But the question remains, there is that fine line between punting being therapy and an addiction.

Most of us will agree that if you punt daily you’re seriously addicted.
    What about once per week? Once per month?

Do you really know in your own mind if and when you’re addicted? Or where you may be heading a month, year or 5 years from now?
    🤔

Sounds more like you're addicted but calling it therapy. Even many psychological therapists would make you "addicted" to therapy sessions to rip your wallets.

The lack of imagination is why people get addicted to things. If you knew how powerful imagination is, you'd imagine the scene over and over until you get tired of it, ridding yourself of the imagination for good. It's like kids back when smartphones and tablets weren't invented - they'd play in the field and use their imaginations to keep themselves happy.

At least that's how I keep myself from punting if I really need to save the punting money for important stuff such as my next investment venture. You can't just invest $100 and hope it'll grow to $1mil overnight.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Controlling addiction can be a challenging and ongoing process, but it's absolutely possible with determination, support, and effective strategies.

Senior Member(無間使者) Shoryureppa's Avatar
    Wouldn't say I am addicted, but punting is definitely a pleasurable distraction.
    "My soul has been spoiled by the world, my imagination is unquiet, my heart insatiate. To me everything is of little moment. I have become as easily accustomed to grief as to joy, and my life grows emptier day by day"

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Means to an end, I punt in liew of dating. I still need sexual contact etc, but I've put myself on the shelf until my kid finishes high school because relationships are distracting, time consuming and I need to focus on my kid. Not interested in apps, dating websites and all that shit. Punting much easier to fill my need.

Problem is now I've met someone, and I really like her. Amazing woman. So now I'm enamoured of her, I'm not thinking about punting... But I know I should stay away from her... Currently going through a separation, has multiple kids 12 and under as well as working a high pressure full time job, so incredibly time poor, but she is gorgeous, intelligent, funny, has great style, and yesterday we had "the moment" and now I cant stop thinking about her..

I've been here before, I'm fucked.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    Means to an end, I punt in liew of dating. I still need sexual contact etc, but I've put myself on the shelf until my kid finishes high school because relationships are distracting, time consuming and I need to focus on my kid. Not interested in apps, dating websites and all that shit. Punting much easier to fill my need.

Problem is now I've met someone, and I really like her. Amazing woman. So now I'm enamoured of her, I'm not thinking about punting... But I know I should stay away from her... Currently going through a separation, has multiple kids 12 and under as well as working a high pressure full time job, so incredibly time poor, but she is gorgeous, intelligent, funny, has great style, and yesterday we had "the moment" and now I cant stop thinking about her..

Well done for focusing on the kids mate. Enjoy them.

If I may say so, e joy your new, wholesome, lady. Why not? It doesn’t have to distract you from your kids. Good luck

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchtheboss View Post
    Well done for focusing on the kids mate. Enjoy them.

If I may say so, e joy your new, wholesome, lady. Why not? It doesn’t have to distract you from your kids. Good luck
    She can do a lot better than me mate. At this point in her life with everything she's got going on, I don't want to do anything that is going to negatively impact her, her kids, or my kid, chasing my own selfish needs or wants, so I'm going to be very, very careful with how I progress from here.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoryureppa View Post
    Wouldn't say I am addicted, but punting is definitely a pleasurable distraction.
    Vouch your comments lol
    Hard to distinguish addictive or mental balance due to hardship with daily life nowadays

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    Currently going through a separation, has multiple kids 12 and under as well as working a high pressure full time job, so incredibly time poor, but she is gorgeous, intelligent, funny, has great style, and yesterday we had "the moment" and now I cant stop thinking about her..

There is never a perfect time to start a new relationship though, is there?? Go with the flow mate....

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Same with smoking
    Nothing puts a dampener on a pleasure more than increased costs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12