Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The referendum, yes or no?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    "Fine" if you don't vote, great, I won't vote... LOL!

Personally I'm voting no, because other interest groups and lobby groups are also calling for similar voice rights. Where does it end? We all have a voice now, this creates privileged access to minorities. Don't get me wrong, I do support aid and targeted programs to assist those in need, and those should be done with the involvement and buy in of those people. But this Voice is a road too far. My own opinion only.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by fud View Post
    Re: If someone votes at two different polling places within their electorate, and places their formal vote in the ballot box at each polling place, ...
    Their double registration is noted and they'll likely be fined.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dt333 View Post
    An interesting perspective on what the Voice agenda is really about: https://rumble.com/v3n2eak-grandmoth...uised-as-.html
    I'd be more concerned about the agenda of the guys making that video, bro.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    An interesting perspective on what the Voice agenda is really about: https://rumble.com/v3n2eak-grandmoth...uised-as-.html
    An interesting perspective on song lines, harmonic resonance, energy fields, earths memory codes, consciousness grids and the effect on wars, famine, sickness, and not feeling well by dt333 new cult leader Grandmother Mulara.

https://youtu.be/3KsU6BxoHgk?si=23iqTVd6Hz-RCoic

Spewing she didn’t mention how corporations actually choose our parliament and rig elections and how there are actually two constitutions like in other videos.

If you want to vote no because you think the negatives outweigh the positives, then vote no,
    If you think the positives outweigh the negatives vote yes… It’s that simple.

Banned
    I’m trying to find on YouTube the Bhagwan’s thoughts on this conundrum.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I didn't watch the video (seems pretty long), but it's interesting to see that it's really just clickbait to sell you stuff from their survivalist / gold bullion / cyber paranoia / supplement sponsors.

Senior Member(無間使者)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Haha, too familiar.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The voice isn’t a lobby or interest group.

The Voice would be an advisory body, offering advice in the form of ‘representations’, often in response to a request from the government or Parliament. Its advice would be formal and public. Government and Parliament would acknowledge when they were acting in response to a representation. The Voice would differ from a lobby group in all these ways.

https://www.unimelb.edu.au/voice/faqs/law-questions/isnt-a-voice-to-parliament-just-a-constitutionally-enshrined-lobby-group

Just out of interest what other interest groups/lobby groups are calling for similar voice rights? I’m genuinely interested to know!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dweebles View Post
    "Fine" if you don't vote, great, I won't vote... LOL!

Personally I'm voting no, because other interest groups and lobby groups are also calling for similar voice rights. Where does it end? We all have a voice now, this creates privileged access to minorities. Don't get me wrong, I do support aid and targeted programs to assist those in need, and those should be done with the involvement and buy in of those people. But this Voice is a road too far. My own opinion only.

The voice isn’t a lobby or interest group.

The Voice would be an advisory body, offering advice in the form of ‘representations’, often in response to a request from the government or Parliament. Its advice would be formal and public. Government and Parliament would acknowledge when they were acting in response to a representation. The Voice would differ from a lobby group in all these ways.

https://www.unimelb.edu.au/voice/faq...ed-lobby-group

Just out of interest what other interest groups/lobby groups are calling for similar voice rights? I’m genuinely interested to know!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Today the National Press Club of Australia had Robert French AC, Former Chief Justice of Australia speak on "The Voice – Filling a Long Constitutional Silence".
    It's worth watching/listening to clear the myths, misinformation surrounding this debate.
    The benefits from a Yes will outweigh any risks he said
    https://iview.abc.net.au/video/NS1413V001S00

There's also an article on his speech in the Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...e-as-resentful

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fud View Post
    Today the National Press Club of Australia had Robert French AC, Former Chief Justice of Australia speak on "The Voice – Filling a Long Constitutional Silence".
    It's worth watching/listening to clear the myths, misinformation surrounding this debate.
    The benefits from a Yes will outweigh any risks he said
    https://iview.abc.net.au/video/NS1413V001S00

There's also an article on his speech in the Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...e-as-resentful
    Brilliant speech from a very intelligent, ethical, and moral Australian, and the ultimate expert and authority on the Australian Constitution (think hard and do some serious fucking research before you challenge this dude - he was the Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia)
    Basically he destroyed every single argument put forward to vote NO and made the very obvious point that voting YES really is the only rational, reasonable, logical, sensible, and moral thing to do.
    He even quoted John Howard former Liberal Prime Minister and darling of the conservative Right who spoke in favour of the Voice way back in the early 2000s when he was Prime Minister.
    But we all know that the NO vote will still win, because as another legendary Aussie Ray Martin pointed out there are "dickheads and dinosaurs" out there preaching hate and fear and lies and deliberately misleading people.
    Anyway it's all good, on the 15th October Australia will still be an awesome country to live in.
    All of us should be thankful that we or our parents or grandparents or great grandparents immigrated to this Great Southern Land. We are truly blessed. it's the best country in the world.
    It would be nice if we could find it in our hearts to accept and acknowledge and respect and to put it in writing that there were people here 60,000 years (thats 2,500 generations) before us here and that today most of those people are not enjoying the same quality of life that we are and that maybe a good start to fixing that would be for those people to have an official advisory say in how to fix that.
    But it seems like the majority of Australians are so full of fear and denial, and anger and insecurity and hate that they won't vote for that.
    It's sad but that's just the way it is.
    Anyway enjoy the privileged life you have in this very privileged country.
    All good. Enjoy! I certainly will! I had a fucken great day today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamez11 View Post
    Observing traditional cultures, native ceremonies, dance or whatever is not an empty gesture imo, it’s actually done all over the world. I think if someone lacks their own culture, tradition, language, identity etc… it might be seen as an empty gesture, which is understandable.
    It's the hypocrisy of it. It isn't a welcome, it's a political point being made every time. It's a welcome wrapped up in a sly dig at the people involuntarily subject to it. Hypocritical passive aggression designed to make you feel less Australian - if not completely Stateless. Or more "British" as you say. Some "welcome." I don't feel British at all. If I want to go back 50,000 years too nor do I feel particularly Cro-Magnon either.

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Brilliant speech from a very intelligent, ethical, and moral Australian, and the ultimate expert in the field (think hard and do some serious fucking research before you challenge this dude - he was the Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia)
    Basically he destroyed every single argument put forward to vote NO and made the very obvious point that voting YES really is the only rational, reasonable, logical, sensible, and moral thing to do.
    He even quoted John Howard former Liberal Prime Minister and darling of the conservative Right who spoke in favour of the Voice way back in the early 2000s when he was Prime Minister.
    But we all know that the NO vote will still win, because as another legendary Aussie Ray Martin pointed out there are "dickheads and dinosaurs" out there preaching hate and fear and lies and deliberately misleading people.
    Anyway it's all good, on the 15th October Australia will still be an awesome country to live in.
    All of us should be thankful that we or our parents or grandparents or great grandparents immigrated to this Great Southern Land. We are truly blessed. it's the best country in the world.
    It would be nice if we could find it in our hearts to accept and acknowledge and respect and to put it in writing that there were people here 60,000 years (thats 2,500 generations) before us here and that today most of those people are not enjoying the same quality of life that we are and that maybe a good start to fixing that would be for those people to have an official advisory say in how to fix that.
    But it seems like the majority of Australians are so full of fear and anger and insecurity and hate that they won't vote for that.
    It's sad but that's just the way it is.
    Anyway enjoy the privileged life you have in this very privileged country.
    All good. Enjoy! I certainly will! I had a fucken great day today.
    That’s a brilliant speech.
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
    Briggs is awesome.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    It's the hypocrisy of it. It isn't a welcome, it's a political point being made every time. It's a welcome wrapped up in a sly dig at the people involuntarily subject to it. Hypocritical passive aggression designed to make you feel less Australian - if not completely Stateless. Or more "British" as you say. Some "welcome." I don't feel British at all. If I want to go back 50,000 years too nor do I feel particularly Cro-Magnon either.
    Ah yes the thousands of years old tradition of passive aggression! I have to put up with being welcomed at the football, I'm practically stateless!
    You're obviously a very sensitive soul!

Being welcoming to visitors is a universal custom, it's not restricted to aborigines. Whatever former polite practice of former times it was theatrically re-invented by Ernie Dingo 30 years ago, and in today's context it operates only as political. Hence it's not a welcome at all.

It is two sides of the same political coin as the acknowledgment of the country, which happens at the opening of any envelope these days.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    We may as well go back further and acknowledge that this great land once belonged to the dinosaurs and have their decedents (birds and reptiles) welcome us to country.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    We may as well go back further and acknowledge that this great land once belonged to the dinosaurs and have their decedents (birds and reptiles) welcome us to country.
    There are still dinosaurs around, apparently.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I am voting yes but it doesn't matter. Australia will vote no.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast