Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The referendum, yes or no?

It's like that adage "the first person to bring up Hitler" automatically loses.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Diaz View Post
    I don’t like people telling me what to do. TV Ad say vote “yes”, people on the street giving flyers telling me to vote “yes”, politicians the same. Why not explain to the people what is the referendum and let them f**** decide.
    Moron you can't work it out yourself

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I assume this is a fun and safe question to ask here since we are almost just anonymous here. What are you going to vote for this referendum about the First Peoples of Australia?
    Good to see Australia is as racist as ever in 2023 you c#nt make me sick and I'm Anglo. Racist dog are here

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    You know this forum has a lot of trolls. They're as obnoxious as you can possibly imagine a human being can be. It's as if, when they found this forum that allows them to create an account without needing anything like an email address to proof that they were a unique person, whoa, boy, they go crazy. The heavens open up, a warm glow falls over their nutcase faces and they just go to town being as obnoxious as possible to anybody on here.

Now, many of these trolls often come here, post shit all day everyday taking all cummers, then they just disappear. For a long time, you don't hear a peep from them.

I honestly think, when that happens, that those trolls probably died somehow in real life because they must've trolled the wrong people out there in real life.

But nooo, some trolls just keep cumming back. Now those *must* be timid little mice out there in real life. Probably jumps at a shadow. A complete no balls coward. They'd only put on their tough guy shit here, cos if they did this out there they'd be dead by now somewhere in the gutter.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4647 View Post
    Good to see Australia is as racist as ever in 2023 you c#nt make me sick and I'm Anglo. Racist dog are here
    This could be a good opportunity to explain or help people who are voting no because they don’t know what they are voting yes to better understand.

The biggest issue from what I can tell, is people really have no idea about the specifics of the “voice”, there are indigenous senators/members of parliament/indigenous minister, maybe hundreds of government and non government organisations for indigenous people , how specifically is the voice specifically going to change the current system, what are specific policies that the current system is lacking that the new system will fix and why is it absolutely essential to change the constitution when we already have so many advisory boards.

I’m sure racism has something to do with it for the minority of no voters, but you got to remember early this year it was 51% yes, 34% no and 15% undecided so if the polls are anything to go by, all of the 15% undecided have decided no and even original yes voters have changed to no. So were they not racist early in the year and all of a sudden have become racist?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Not everyone who will vote no is racist, but everyone who is racist will vote no.
    Part of the problem is actually it's so simple and really not a big deal so people think there must be some underlying hidden ulterior motives and it's very easy for people like Dutton to use that fear and uncertainty for political purposes.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    The history of the world and of humanity is one of conquest and war and genocide and rape and murder.
    Australia is no exception.
    It's just the way it is.
    It's not pretty but that's just the way it is.
    Easy to say for a middle aged white guy with the funds and fortunate geographic location to fuck multiple Japanese teenagers every week!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    It's like that adage "the first person to bring up Hitler" automatically loses.
    Well said, exactly right

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Well said, exactly right
    Only because of politically correctness. You're not allowed to compare anything to the holocaust. It's even considered anti-semitic to criticise Israel's atrocities.
    Suggesting someone's actions might have underlying racist psychology isn't the same as bringing up Hitler or even name calling though.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    Easy to say for a middle aged white guy with the funds and fortunate geographic location to fuck multiple Japanese teenagers every week!
    If you're trying to win people over to the Yes side, can you please quit attacking the "middle aged white guy"? That's racist as fuck. It makes it look like you want to vote Yes in spite of the white people, rather than for the good of the indigenous people.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Voting early today.

I'm Voting No.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    If you're trying to win people over to the Yes side, can you please quit attacking the "middle aged white guy"? That's racist as fuck. It makes it look like you want to vote Yes in spite of the white people, rather than for the good of the indigenous people.
    Well said, that is exactly what this referendum is all about.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    As a group I would have thought that tolerance and understanding others point of view was a good idea. Just my 2cents.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    That's racist as fuck.
    So is the racial separation that is being proposed by the voice.

Voting no tomorrow.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    Not everyone who will vote no is racist, but everyone who is racist will vote no.
    Part of the problem is actually it's so simple and really not a big deal so people think there must be some underlying hidden ulterior motives and it's very easy for people like Dutton to use that fear and uncertainty for political purposes.
    Not necessarily, there a lot of people who think white people are degenerate colonisers who are all voting yes.

You can blame racism and Dutton all you want, the fact you ignored everything in my previous post and went to racism is the problem. You’re one of the reasons why people are voting no.

I’ll ask you directly;

The biggest issue from what I can tell, is people really have no idea about the specifics of the “voice”, there are indigenous senators/members of parliament/indigenous minister, maybe hundreds of government and non government organisations for indigenous people , how specifically is the voice specifically going to change the current system, what are specific policies that the current system is lacking that the new system will fix and why is it absolutely essential to change the constitution when we already have so many advisory boards.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Just voted prepoll

Recommend voting prepoll to avoid the queues

If you see a lot of referendum lobbyists, in a shopping mall or centre, you know you are close to an AEC polling booth

Very straightforward

One big box

Write either YES or NO

Done

Don't listen to anyone. You are a grown up
    Vote according to what your heart tells you. Australians don't like to be told how to vote

NOONE HAS THE RIGHT TO MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY OR NOT OK. What you feel is just as valid as the next guy

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Just voted prepoll

Recommend voting prepoll to avoid the queues

If you see a lot of referendum lobbyists, in a shopping mall or centre, you know you are close to an AEC polling booth

Very straightforward

One big box

Write either YES or NO

Done

Don't listen to anyone. You are a grown up
    Vote according to what your heart tells you. Australians don't like to be told how to vote

NOONE HAS THE RIGHT TO MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY OR NOT OK. What you feel is just as valid as the next guy
    Is there a check box for 'middle age white racist guy' ? It might help Mr Bubbles

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Is the yes box on the left of the ballot paper?

It'll confuse Reggie if it isn't.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    There is a single box

Write YES or NO

How about everyone trying not to be rude to other anonymous friends on a forum. So unnecessary and just creates a bad vibe for the day

Vote and it's done. Then return focus to the economy challenges we all face

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamez11 View Post
    Not necessarily, there a lot of people who think white people are degenerate colonisers who are all voting yes.

You can blame racism and Dutton all you want, the fact you ignored everything in my previous post and went to racism is the problem. You’re one of the reasons why people are voting no.

I’ll ask you directly;

Go to the yes23 website where it’s explained pretty well. But there’s no need to get too deep. It’s an advisory group for issues that affect them. They won’t have a say on mortgage rates etc.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast