Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The referendum, yes or no?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It can be quite difficult to find information on what the voice actually is. I found this link helpful.
    https://gprivate.com/6716j

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by fted View Post
    It can be quite difficult to find information on what the voice actually is. I found this link helpful.
    https://gprivate.com/6716j
    There is a lot of info on the ABC site:
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/voice-to...ent-referendum

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hey, take your informed decisions elsewhere /s

Banned
    Will a resounding No vote seal Albo’s fate?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post
    Will a resounding No vote seal Albo’s fate?
    A pollie can stick around at most 8 years. That's a very optimistic 8 years he'll be around to annoy you if you hate him so much.
    A constitutional change is permanent for all intents and purposes.

Are you really sure you want to waste you decision just to take him down? He might get ousted before next year even if this goes his way, looking at how Aussie politics is going!

Put all those other motives aside and focus on the referendum itself.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    If you're trying to win people over to the Yes side, can you please quit attacking the "middle aged white guy"? That's racist as fuck. It makes it look like you want to vote Yes in spite of the white people, rather than for the good of the indigenous people.
    Not attacking, just pointing out to a self drscribed "middle aged white guy" that it's easy for someone with the opportunity to enjoy the spoils of colonialism to just dismiss it all as just something happens evrywhere, always has. always will so just enjoy.

And it's not even approaching racism but I'd be genuinely interested in hearing why you think it is. As a middle aged white guy myself I don't really believe it's possible to be racist against white people in white dominated countries like Australia because it has no effect on me in the slightest. I don't have time to get into it but here's a good explanation.

https://www.vu.edu.au/about-vu/news-...-with-the-term

https://www.aclrc.com/myth-of-reverse-racism

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    If the referendum isn't passed, will the PM just legislate the Voice? He has the numbers in Parliament to do so
    If it's a good policy then proceed

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamez11 View Post
    Not necessarily, there a lot of people who think white people are degenerate colonisers who are all voting yes.
    Huh? I said not everyone who votes no is racist.

You can blame racism and Dutton all you want, the fact you ignored everything in my previous post and went to racism is the problem. You’re one of the reasons why people are voting no.
    Interesting that you think I have more influence on the no vote than the leader of the opposition. People like Dutton are the ones who have made it about "race", it's actually about recognition of indigeneity and trying to right institutional disadvantage.

The biggest issue from what I can tell, is people really have no idea about the specifics of the “voice”, t
    The issue of "specifics" is a straw man argument created to confuse the public. As I've stated previously, the constitution doesn't contain the specific detail of legislation, it just provides the government of the day the power to make laws about certain things. See link below to the actual constitution.

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...the_Parliament

There are no specifics about any legislation here. And it's simple so there's not much to know. It's just a small representative group that can make representations to parliament on issues that affect them. the government can completely ignore it and is not compelled to do anything. simple

there are indigenous senators/members of parliament/indigenous minister, maybe hundreds of government and non government organisations for indigenous people , how specifically is the voice specifically going to change the current system, what are specific policies that the current system is lacking that the new system will fix and why is it absolutely essential to change the constitution when we already have so many advisory boards.
    The idea is to have people who aren't politicians who are beholden to partisan party policy. It's good to have diverse representation in parliament but outside bipartisan input is also necessary. There are lots of current NGAs but a lot of them have little Aboriginal involvement and probably don't listen to what people actually need and instead decide for them. There's also probably duplication and inefficiency in a lot of instances and perhaps auditing is necessary. a national voice will make these things easier. Having it in the constitution just means it's specific legislation can be changed by successive governments but it will always be there. It's also important symbollically for Australia going forward to recognise in our founding document how our present good fortune was obtained.

Well I actually put a bit of time into that and I know I probably haven't changed anybody's mind and probably used some words some people will find triggering but I thought I'd put in one final effort. It's not gonna pass anyway so fuck it. We'll still be regarded as a racist, ignorant backwater by most of the world.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    There is a heap of misinformation coming from the no side in this thing.

As others have said the push for details is absolute garbage when talking about the constitution. The specifics are in the legislation. The whole part about Tax in the constitution is that the government has the right to collect it. That’s it. The specifics all come from legislation.

That $40 billion figure you also see them parading around is also garbage. First it’s a figure taken from a few years ago then inflated. It’s actually $34 billion and only a fraction of it was on specific indigenous expenditure. So from the total National expenditure of $560 billion it comes out to less than 1% spent on about 3% of our total population. The rest was all on general expenditure that any Australian could benefit from.

And if you are really taking the whole “it’s wasting money” approach then the voice to parliament will actually help make recommendations to make expenditure on indigenous issues more efficient. So it will actually save money.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    The yes vote it's a corporate take over disguised as indigenous humanitarianism.. you vote yes and they have every right to take your family home from under you, under the guize of the voice.. (UN/WEF) I know we agree to disagree but don't fall for it..

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thickman View Post
    The yes vote it's a corporate take over disguised as indigenous humanitarianism.. you vote yes and they have every right to take your family home from under you, under the guize of the voice.. (UN/WEF) I know we agree to disagree but don't fall for it..
    Jesus Christ dude. Please give me at least one verifiable fact to back this up. Because I heard the voice is actually a government take over of our anuses so that Aboriginal people can insert didgeridoos into us whenever they want!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thickman View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their vote of yes or no but this is the most laughable no reason I’ve heard yet. Politicians are some of the richest people around with massive property investment portfolios. Thinking they are just planning all this to give up properties or pull land taxes out of their anus is ridiculous and won’t happen. Username Thickman suits..

Banned
    A pollie can stick around at most 8 years. That's a very optimistic 8 years he'll be around to annoy you if you hate him so much.
    A constitutional change is permanent for all intents and purposes.

Are you really sure you want to waste you decision just to take him down? He might get ousted before next year even if this goes his way, looking at how Aussie politics is going!

Put all those other motives aside and focus on the referendum itself.
    I don’t hate anyone, it’s a wasted energy.

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    Not attacking, just pointing out to a self drscribed "middle aged white guy" that it's easy for someone with the opportunity to enjoy the spoils of colonialism to just dismiss it all as just something happens evrywhere, always has. always will so just enjoy.

And it's not even approaching racism but I'd be genuinely interested in hearing why you think it is. As a middle aged white guy myself I don't really believe it's possible to be racist against white people in white dominated countries like Australia because it has no effect on me in the slightest. I don't have time to get into it but here's a good explanation.

https://www.vu.edu.au/about-vu/news-...-with-the-term

https://www.aclrc.com/myth-of-reverse-racism
    How does it matter where you are, as long as you do something based on discrimination against a particular group based on race, that's racism.

If you go to India and be racist against Indians there, does that make you not a racist?

The trouble with a lot of people is they never understand that our actions result in a swinging pendulum. There's momentum in either direction. If we do not learn from our past mistakes, we will simply be swinging from one extreme to the other. While we once discriminated against Aboriginals, we could very easily one day find ourselves doing the same thing against white people if we're not careful.

And I also find it strange that you felt the need to tell us your heritage. Being black/white/yellow/brown does not automatically make it fine for you to discriminate against people of your own skin colour.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    How does it matter where you are, as long as you do something based on discrimination against a particular group based on race, that's racism.

If you go to India and be racist against Indians there, does that make you not a racist?

The trouble with a lot of people is they never understand that our actions result in a swinging pendulum. There's momentum in either direction. If we do not learn from our past mistakes, we will simply be swinging from one extreme to the other. While we once discriminated against Aboriginals, we could very easily one day find ourselves doing the same thing against white people if we're not careful.

And I also find it strange that you felt the need to tell us your heritage. Being black/white/yellow/brown does not automatically make it fine for you to discriminate against people of your own skin colour.
    Read the links dude. I can't explain it to you better than that. You seem really caught up on race though.

"While we once discriminated against Aboriginals, we could very easily one day find ourselves doing the same thing against white people if we're not careful."
    And once discriminated? Have you read the statistics? But you're more worried about white people being discriminated against if Aboriginal people get a voice.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Being black/white/yellow/brown does not automatically make it fine for you to discriminate against people of your own skin colour.
    Also please tell me how I was being racist towards white people.

Read the links dude. I can't explain it to you better than that. You seem really caught up on race though.

"While we once discriminated against Aboriginals, we could very easily one day find ourselves doing the same thing against white people if we're not careful."
    And once discriminated? Have you read the statistics? But you're more worried about white people being discriminated against if Aboriginal people get a voice.
    Haha, I give up. You are one formidable keyboard warrior, I'll give you that. And no, I'm not going to read those links. I don't need internet articles to tell me what's right or wrong. I have my own moral compass and I plan to stick to it.

Over and out.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    And no, I'm not going to read those links. I don't need internet articles to tell me what's right or wrong. I have my own moral compass and I plan to stick to it.

Over and out.
    Point is that you can learn a lot from other people's experiences and perspectives. And you asked so I posted some links... But yeah ok.

Unless you wanna tell me how I was racist towards white people cos I really wanna know!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Point is that you can learn a lot from other people's experiences and perspectives. And you asked so I posted some links... But yeah ok.

Unless you wanna tell me how I was racist towards white people cos I really wanna know!
    You could also learn from my experiences as well...lived experiences in FNQ...check out my previous posts a few days ago.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    That Regbubbles bloke has his blinkers on and any facts, pov's, or articles that you provide he'll dismiss and won't even bother to fucken read or consider it. He's lost cause and wasting time trying to influence a group of white middle aged horny men - and in a fucken sex forum the only VOICE that a bloke wants to hear is from an Asian lady saying 'daaarling....please turn over' .

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast