Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The referendum, yes or no?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    The Nos are winning because a lot of people do not understand what it truly means and they think voting No is the safest answer.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    No, the fact that they make me go all the way out to vote, that's a big "no" from me, I could've used the time for a punt instead...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I bet Langton would choke on here avocado on toast reading this forum

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPedro666 View Post
    I bet Langton would choke on here avocado on toast reading this forum
    Was hoping not to discuss this lady, but since you brought her up

These are her words

"Every time the No cases raise their arguments, if you start pulling it apart you get down to base racism, I'm sorry to say that's where it lands, or sheer stupidity"

She and Ray Martin did nothing to persuade undecided people to their viewpoint. Fact

Name calling really has no place in a civilized discussion

Australians hate being told what to think or what to vote, and particularly if you call people names

This lady is clearly surrounds herself with like minded people. She doesn't yet understand that her opinion is just one opinion among 23 million people. Well she will learn shortly that the population as a whole were not happy to sign up to a contract with the fine print hidden

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-...ents/102848644

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Sorry A&L but there will still be a decent future for all if the no vote gets up, its not as if they're going to reduce spending in the aboriginal affairs portfolio after Saturday.

And I hope Albo and his cronies get what they deserve for not giving us all the information and having a full and frank debate before going to a vote.

Its great living in a democracy isn't it? a yes vote may seem logical to you just as a no vote seems logical to me, what a great country we live in.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    Sorry A&L but there will still be a decent future for all if the no vote gets up, its not as if they're going to reduce spending in the aboriginal affairs portfolio after Saturday.

And I hope Albo and his cronies get what they deserve for not giving us all the information and having a full and frank debate before going to a vote.

Its great living in a democracy isn't it? a yes vote may seem logical to you just as a no vote seems logical to me, what a great country we live in.
    He has a point, bro. Any country will prosper if all of her people prosper. If there is an entire race living in it, that calls themselves her citizens, that are non-productive to society, then it simply creates a negative drag on the country as a whole.
    Throw out everything and look at it purely from an economic POV, that's the unavoidable truth that you will be left with.

Imagine an Australia where no extra spending is needed on Aboriginals. How much do we spend now? That's how much we stand to gain if we can beat this bogeyman, get that race up to speed and be productive like everyone else. Then we will all prosper.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I'm sorry GFM but that seems racist to me. Your saying that aboriginals are an anchor on the economy and we'd all be better off if they smartened up?

I'm voting no because it hasn't been debated properly and the information from the yes side hasn't changed my suspicions of what it will mean for the constitution in the future, not because I want "that race up to speed and be productive like everyone else".
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I'm sorry GFM but that seems racist to me. Your saying that aboriginals are an anchor on the economy and we'd all be better off if they smartened up?

I'm voting no because it hasn't been debated properly and the information from the yes side hasn't changed my suspicions of what it will mean for the constitution in the future, not because I want "that race up to speed and be productive like everyone else".
    That's why I said you have to throw out everything and look at it purely from an economic point of view. If you want to debate about $$$ that's what you have to do.

Go ahead and sprinkle some salt and pepper on my argument, call me a racist. It doesn't take away from the fact that to vote No is to vote for the status quo, to continue paying all this $$$, on every budget every year, just to kick the can further along. Until what... A better idea comes up? Good luck with that.

It's not going to get up. It is behind in all mainland states and well behind in Qld and WA. Tassie has got a slim lead for yes. I think I saw oz wide only 8% are undecided.

If it is such a great idea, though none of that optimism is evidence based, I'm not sure why Albanese - if he so truly believes it is such a miracle idea - is petulantly thowing his baby out with the bathwater if (when) we don't vote yes for it in this form.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Very good discussion on Q&A re the Voice Referendum tonight
    https://iview.abc.net.au/video/NC2304H032S00

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I'm voting no because it hasn't been debated properly and the information from the yes side hasn't changed my suspicions of what it will mean for the constitution in the future,
    I think it's been debated pretty thoroughly but it's hard to argue against a scare campaign full of lies and misinformation. And for those who say it's the yes campaign that's negative, "no" is literally negative. What are those suspicions about the constitution in the future? I'm perplexed. Some think all the constitutional experts who say it's fine are just worried about being cancelled or something but that makes no sense.

Senior Member(無間使者) rubit moore's Avatar
    Went along and voted today and both sides of the fence were standing outside with their placards, representing - sensed a bit of edginess in the air. Got asked ‘ Do you need any help?’ and a leaflet thrust towards me.
    I responded ‘No thanks, I got all my info from a sex forum.’
    Got let through and nobody uttered another word!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubit moore View Post
    Went along and voted today and both sides of the fence were standing outside with their placards, representing - sensed a bit of edginess in the air. Got asked ‘ Do you need any help?’ and a leaflet thrust towards me.
    If you get your info from this forum, then you have read recent posts about being confident when speaking to women

Were there any appealing ladies to discuss the referendum with?

The polls already clearly predict what the result will be, but a little conversation is a healthy thing

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Some of the constitution changes have been realise and if they win they are going to abolish South Australia into regions then it looks other states will follow and if you own home the yes people can take the land the land underneath it off you Under treaty law so if you vote yes don't complain later when your house is worth near zero because it's the land that's the real wealth

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoush View Post
    Some of the constitution changes have been realise and if they win they are going to abolish South Australia into regions then it looks other states will follow and if you own home the yes people can take the land the land underneath it off you Under treaty law so if you vote yes don't complain later when your house is worth near zero because it's the land that's the real wealth
    wtf is this gibberish supposed to mean?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Were there any appealing ladies to discuss the referendum with?
    I happened to be at Ashfield mall, voted there. Plenty of Asian hotties about but none handing out brochures…

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Tick yes, Burnem Burnem says. Yet you need to write yes or no.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoush View Post
    Bollocks! methinks.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubit moore View Post
    Whether this is true or not I giggled.

The rest of you should Vote No.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamez11 View Post
    Observing traditional cultures, native ceremonies, dance or whatever is not an empty gesture imo, it’s actually done all over the world. I think if someone lacks their own culture, tradition, language, identity etc… it might be seen as an empty gesture, which is understandable.

I’m assuming you see the Hakka as an empty gesture, plenty are facinated and humbled by it.

When other people are celebrating these, you can always just put some headphones in and listen to Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt or just read or educate yourself even more (if that’s possible) by catching up on the latest AR’s on this forum then everyone can be happy.
    How can you even begin to compare the two? The haka was a war dance, now used to display pride/strength. The acknowledgement of country is an admission that what the British did to the Aborigines here hundreds of years ago was wrong. If it's so wrong, then give the land back. You don't want to? Then stop apologising for it because that's what makes it empty.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast