Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The referendum, yes or no?

Junior Member(有D料到)

The referendum, yes or no?

I assume this is a fun and safe question to ask here since we are almost just anonymous here. What are you going to vote for this referendum about the First Peoples of Australia?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    After doing a bit of research, it’s a no for me

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I don’t like people telling me what to do. TV Ad say vote “yes”, people on the street giving flyers telling me to vote “yes”, politicians the same. Why not explain to the people what is the referendum and let them f**** decide.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    No way I trust Albo

Junior Member(有D料到)
    It's about land rights and the government is just using the Aboriginal people

Junior Member(有D料到)
    They could just us legislation to get this done but want more

Junior Member(有D料到)
    They should have put all the information on the table then let people question it and have debates over the year then vote

Junior Member(有D料到)
    It's all on the Hush Hush and hiding things

Junior Member(有D料到)
    And Albo said he did not need to read the 28 pages of information that was recommended for him to read what a bad con man

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Imagine this. You conquer a land its people. Now after some centuries, you gonna put a person to represent the people you conquered, to participate int he government you took away from them. For me, it sounds stupid and just a lip service. Indigenous People are already represented so I don’t really see the point of the Voice.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If we do not vote will it count as a yes or no?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The general rhetoric is firm on stating that the representatives or the committee won't have veto rights on bills. If it stays within these boundaries which means it's for consultation purposes then all its all good. However, I am not sure what's between the lines, or if there is any.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Voice or no Voice, close the gap would be nice

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Referendums in Australia are a way for the people to have a direct say on proposed changes to the Constitution.
    Decisions regarding referendums are a matter for the Australian public and are determined through the democratic process.
    I'm out

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Absolutely Not. This is a trojan horse for unelected & unfettered constitutional power. Vote No.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Personally hate being told what to do. And I care so little about it that patronising white pricks giving the “wrong side of history” lecture is enough to make me vote No out of spite. I really wish not-voting was an option

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I just don't trust why we need to vote for something that has no details. Now whats first they want Australia day changed, next more land grabs, next what else they want the harbor bridge??? They can voice all this without a vote. If we voted yes that would be like giving a green light for them to change what ever the fuck they want. I think there has to be something in this for Albo to. Its a big fat no from me. Don't like being forced to vote on this kind of political BS.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Happy for the Voice to happen or not happen

As Warren Mundine, prominent indigenous No campaigner,
    said at the Press Club today:

Most countries have had a difficult past. Many countries were invaded and wars fought

England also was invaded a few times including by the Germans. Invaded to the extent that the English language contains foreign influences
    Why dont the English dwell and blame past invaders, and dwell on their past invasions? Because dwelling on the past solves nothing

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I’ll vote for any party that can subsidise the high cost of punting and opens the gateway to our shores for fresh Asian new talent.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Diaz View Post
    If we do not vote will it count as a yes or no?
    It'll just be one less vote count in either way. That's actually one way to hold onto your principles, if you can stomach the fine that is.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast