Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The referendum, yes or no?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Vote yes to more bbbj

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornedbeast View Post
    Vote yes to more bbbj
    how about a yes or no referendum on banning CBJ.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by BPunter76 View Post
    how about a yes or no referendum on banning CBJ.
    Will that CBJ referendum cost $450 million like the current Albanese referendum?

Just imagine how many punts that amount of money can provide for Australian punters.

More than one punt per punter?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I vote YES to Yoga Pants and NO to Crocs

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Will that CBJ referendum cost $450 million like the current Albanese referendum?

Just imagine how many punts that amount of money can provide for Australian punters.

More than one punt per punter?
    Are you serious! So you're saying they spent $450m on this referendum?
    That is one fucken expensive NO! Normally it's the other way around.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    Are you serious! So you're saying they spent $450m on this referendum?
    That is one fucken expensive NO! Normally it's the other way around.
    Yes bro. I take no pleasure in repeating official records

The AEC has estimated the cost of the referendum will be about $450 million, where the federal government had supplied $364 million in the most recent budget to deliver the referendum.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-...ions/102878560

The PM had the responsibility before this vote to ensure the population had all the facts to make a proper decision, otherwise he should have just spent $450 million directly on bridging the Gap in indigenous health

Most Australians absolutely want the Gap closed. Just as they want all homeless people in this country cared for
    Most Australians were going to vote YES back in July 2023 which shows they are very fair minded

The problem was no detailed model was presented. The Voice should have been put into action first to see of this new Committee is any better than all the previous unsuccessful ones over 100 years

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Yes bro. I take no pleasure in repeating official records

The AEC has estimated the cost of the referendum will be about $450 million, where the federal government had supplied $364 million in the most recent budget to deliver the referendum.

The PM had the responsibility before this vote to ensure the population had all the facts to make a proper decision, otherwise he should have just spent $450 million directly on bridging the Gap in indigenous health

Most Australians absolutely want the Gap closed. Just as they want all homeless people in this country cared for
    Most Australians were going to vote YES back in July 2023 which shows they are very fair minded

The problem was no detailed model was presented. The Voice should have been put into action first to see of this new Committee is any better than all the previous unsuccessful ones over 100 years

Well said, we all want better outcomes for Indigenous people, but the useless cunt Albanese decided to waste $450M that could have been used for better anything for those that need help. The cunt is a dill.

Senior Member(無間使者) rubit moore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    Part 1
    "They also offered me a leaflet and I responded exactly the same way 'I won't be needing one, thank you' but one of the MILFs was persistent and tried to persuade me to take one commenting about all the misinformation that was out there, I remembered the post Rubit Moore and so I used the same line on her, and said 'No thanks, I got all my info from a sex forum.’ and kept making my way into the hall.

Part2
    I entered the room and it was brightly lit, there were two GILFs and two MILFs to choose from so I picked the prettiest MILF...."

Haha good post Double Adaptor!... Reminds me, I forgot to mention that when I voted that day, an old Chinese MILF who was offering referendum advice as I walked in, got in my face as I was leaving. Talking AT me, not to me, like they sometimes do, you know? Loud enough for all to hear.

"SO!! You go sex forum for election advice too...??!!" she shrieked.

Maybe she'd visited this forum I wondered.

"Well yes, there ARE dedicated threads on there regarding medication,where to buy, health, lifestyle and nutritional advice for cracking and maintaining a solid fat. Very informative if so required"

She clearly wasn't listening..

"OK!! When you have next election.... come see me, ok!"

Keep talking like that and you'll see it sooner than you think!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubit moore View Post
    When I voted that day, an old Chinese MILF who was offering referendum advice as I walked in, got in my face as I was leaving. Talking AT me, not to me, like
    If you have a convincing point of view, you don't need to confront people aggressively. If your point of view has merit then you can convince people without harassing them

I also hate being talked at by people who think they know better than you

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by fted View Post
    A vote for No is a vote for the status quo, where we have people living in third world conditions in a supposedly first world country.

Yep, lots of committees have tried and failed, at least if it's in the constitution it can't be ignored or just dropped by subsequent governments.

Seems we aren't happy to give aboriginal people a voice that would be public and open to scrutiny, but don't seem too bothered that big business do the same thing, via their lobbyists, but all in secret behind closed doors.
    Respect your opinion. Just discussing your point

Don't we have more than 11, yes ELEVEN, sitting established indigenous members of Federal Parliament, which is an overrepresentation of indigenous numbers in Australia? They have daily access to the floor of Parliament in Canberra. That isn't a Voice of some type?

I can promise you I don't have a direct access to the floor of Parliament like that

I fail to see how it can be said the Indigenous don't have a voice. Can you quote how many indigenous lobby groups in Canberra are already directly interacting with Fed Government policy makers, in a formal capacity

I can Google the exact number if you need

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I vote YES to Yoga Pants and NO to Crocs
    Bro, the Crocs have evolved. They now have Croc high-heels. I spotted a leggy hottie in the city the other day wearing a pair. They actually look quite sexy!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Bro, the Crocs have evolved. They now have Croc high-heels. I spotted a leggy hottie in the city the other day wearing a pair. They actually look quite sexy!
    I have seen the glamourised and pimped up Crocs bro. They are actually trendy now, especially with young Asian girls. But a Croc is still a Croc.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Respect your opinion. Just discussing your point

Don't we have more than 11, yes ELEVEN, sitting established indigenous members of Federal Parliament, which is an overrepresentation of indigenous numbers in Australia? They have daily access to the floor of Parliament in Canberra. That isn't a Voice of some type?

I can promise you I don't have a direct access to the floor of Parliament like that

I fail to see how it can be said the Indigenous don't have a voice. Can you quote how many indigenous lobby groups in Canberra are already directly interacting with Fed Government policy makers, in a formal capacity

I can Google the exact number if you need
    I have seen Linda Burney on TV all this week and she is somebody who CAN make a difference to the Indigenous battlers but she is failing in her role as Minister for Indigenous Affairs.....she has done fucking nothing for her people.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwally View Post
    I have seen Linda Burney on TV all this week and she is somebody who CAN make a difference to the Indigenous battlers but she is failing in her role as Minister for Indigenous Affairs.....she has done fucking nothing for her people.
    The truth, rarely talked about, is shocking

The Federal Indigenous Minister will do nothing to change the status quo. She can't overcome a powerful entrenched lobby group who take taxpayers money with very little to show for all the money spent - $30 billion a year.
    The countless funded lobby group know that if the gap is fixed, then all these people become unemployed.

The estimated cost of the referendum is $450 million. A lot of taxpayers money gets pissed up against the wall like money grows on trees. Could have employed 400 Special Needs Teachers for an entire decade

Very little money gets to the remote centres. Have you seen photos of these poor communities? It's awful

Next step should be an Federal audit of what money is being pissed up against the wall. But don't hold your breath for the current Albanese party to initiate the audit

We all want the Gap fixed. Clean up the swamp first

I predict on referendum day that the Australian public will reject the proposal in most states
    It's not a vote against a Voice. It's a vote against a Committee that is unproven, by a PM who is usually not good on details (such as the interest rate or reading the Uluru statement, the basis of the YES case - he admits he can't be bothered reading it)

"It's all about the vibe" is a quote from the film 'The Castle'. It doesn't stand up when debating a national referendum

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    In the event of failure, I volunteer to be the Voice. Just give me the phone numbers of the boss man or woman from every remote community and I'll ring them every couple of months and ask what they most need to improve their lives. For equipment I'll only need a notebook and pen beside the phone to make a checklist.

So that I am a literal Voice I'll record the results on a cassette deck and post it registered to parliament every couple of months - geared to self-destruct in five seconds. But don't worry if you don't get it all down because there will be a new updated cassette in a couple of months and there is bound to be plenty of repetition on them anyway.

For the rest of it I'll collect my 500K a year salary, and save them the odd 400 mill it will otherwise cost.
    Sounds like a post from an actual bureaucrat

I support you in your career ambition. At least you are honest in telling everyone you want a big cut of money for yourself. Just like the rest of lobbyists who take money but the gap doesn't change

I bet there are bureaucrats earning $250000 + per year getting rich without fixing the gap. Fixing the gap makes them unemployed

Congrats for being honest

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Don't accept any misinformation that Australians don't care or are racist

August 2022:
    Several opinion polls suggest up to two-thirds of Australians support the Voice – Essential (65 per cent), JWS Research (65 per cent) and Resolve (63 per cent)

Then Australians looked at the contract and there were NO details

Indigenous lady Jacinta Nampijinpa Price:
    "Australians will say No to division within our constitution along the lines of race, they will said No to the gaslighting, bullying, to the manipulation”.

“They will No to fruitless and futile victimhood, grievance and the push from activists to suggest that we are a racist country when we are absolutely not a racist country”

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

The Federal Indigenous Minister will do nothing to change the status quo. She can't overcome a powerful entrenched lobby group who take taxpayers money with very little to show for all the money spent - $30 billion a year.
    This figure gets quoted as if it's an extra 30 bill just for Indeigenous people when it includes money that's spent on services all Australians receive. It's not 30 bill being thrown at "lobby groups" who piss it up the wall on champpagne lunches.
    Last edited by ReginaldBubbles; 14-10-2023 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Don't accept any misinformation that Australians don't care or are racist

August 2022:
    Several opinion polls suggest up to two-thirds of Australians support the Voice – Essential (65 per cent), JWS Research (65 per cent) and Resolve (63 per cent)

Then Australians looked at the contract and there were NO details

"Australians will say No to division within our constitution along the lines of race, they will said No to the gaslighting, bullying, to the manipulation”.

“They will No to fruitless and futile victimhood, grievance and the push from activists to suggest that we are a racist country when we are absolutely not a racist country”
    I'd go through why the no detail argument is bullshit but I've done it too many times. Either people latched onto it as an excuse or they have no understanding of civics and how the constitution and parliament works or both. Either way, the no side ran a successful negative campaign and yes was never gonna happen with that kind of blatant political partisanship. And yes they used a couple of indigenous spokespeople so they can be quoted opposing the majority community opinion. Let's see how much they're listened to now that the referendum is over.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    And $450 million is not that much in the scheme of things. During covid the LNP gave actual tens of billions to companies who made profits and even record profits. Imagine what could've been done with that.
    Last edited by ReginaldBubbles; 14-10-2023 at 11:27 PM. Reason: clarity

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

This is why the LNP wheeled her out. Here's another quote from an individual indigenous gentleman, Noel Pearson.

“By all means, blame us. But give us a say in the decisions that are made about us before you do.
    This is the message of the voice. By having a voice, we will be responsible for closing the gap. We will be as responsible as the government for the results. With power will come responsibility.”

Missed opportunity.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast