Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your go-to drink when you're kickin' back?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    Scotch drinkers can help me out here.
    I was gifted a bottle of 100 Souls. Is it any good, or should I be using it as a scotch and dry base?
    You sure it's a scotch? I didn't know they made whiskey. Maybe a new product from them and you're the guinea pig, lol...

Give it a taste neat and see if you like it like that. If you don't, just use it in a highball or something. All up to your preference.

Some people like to look down their noses at blended whiskeys, as if they're inferior to single malt.
    Fuck that, blended ones are almost always smoother without needing to be aged. Un-aged single malt is just terrible!

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    You sure it's a scotch? I didn't know they made whiskey. Maybe a new product from them and you're the guinea pig, lol...

Give it a taste neat and see if you like it like that. If you don't, just use it in a highball or something. All up to your preference.

Some people like to look down their noses at blended whiskeys, as if they're inferior to single malt.
    Fuck that, blended ones are almost always smoother without needing to be aged. Un-aged single malt is just terrible!
    It's an export only product, it's a single malt. Mate who works for an airline got it for me.
    This is the sales spiel "Created from the fermentation of single malt barley, pot distilled and aged in French oak. Carefully blended with Hinterland spring water before bottling." No mention of ageing.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It's an export only product, it's a single malt. Mate who works for an airline got it for me.
    This is the sales spiel "Created from the fermentation of single malt barley, pot distilled and aged in French oak. Carefully blended with Hinterland spring water before bottling." No mention of ageing.
    It literally says “aged in French oak” in the description. But it’s a whisky not a scotch as well.

Try it neat and with a few drops of water to get a feel of if you like it. There are some awesome Aussie whisky’s out there but it all comes down to your palate

Yeah, sounds like it's going to be pretty rough going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
    It literally says “aged in French oak” in the description. But it’s a whisky not a scotch as well.

Try it neat and with a few drops of water to get a feel of if you like it. There are some awesome Aussie whisky’s out there but it all comes down to your palate
    Don't think that's the ageing as we know it that's on the labels of the whiskeys we buy, it's just ageing that happens with any whiskey during distillation process. If they'd really aged it, as in made the final product and aged it in barrels, they would've proudly declared it on the label and put a premium on the price, no?

Yeah it's not scotch in the sense it ain't made in Scotland, but scotch-style... not sour mash.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Yeah that's what I thought, if it was really aged, there'd be a number attached, like aged 5 years, 12 years etc.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Whiskey with ice! Nothing better!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Old Fashioned Rye. Preferably 1776, or Michter's Rye.

If I can't find those, Slow and Low Rye is also a fine (and cheap) choice.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I like drinking cum

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good old ice cold beer!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Good vibes and perfect outdoor weather - moscow mules go down like a treat

Senior Member(無間使者)
    A few bottle of corona's will set the mood for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12