Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Rant

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Weekend Rant

After a shitty week of work, I was hopping for some nicer weather to go for a cruise down to the south coast just to get out of Sydney and than I checked the fuel prices, and said like WTF, I think it might be cheaper to walk down to the local RnT and get a handy,
    What’s your rant, anything goes anything you want to get off your chest as bottling things up is not good for your mental health.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I'm a renter but I dislike the way Australian banks get a huge fistful of money by doing nothing, whenever the Reserve Bank increases interest rates to punish people

Meanwhile the banks furiously close down branches including most of the regional banks and leave small businesses and the elderly completely done over sideways. Do every thing online they say, or AI soon will say to bank customers

Banned
    Rates are going up before Christmas.

Perhaps the news is out already?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post
    Rates are going up before Christmas.

Perhaps the news is out already?
    The news is out. May be wrong but two banks have already flagged they are increasing their rates

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Python View Post
    After a shitty week of work, I was hopping for some nicer weather to go for a cruise down to the south coast just to get out of Sydney and than I checked the fuel prices, and said like WTF, I think it might be cheaper to walk down to the local RnT and get a handy,
    What’s your rant, anything goes anything you want to get off your chest as bottling things up is not good for your mental health.
    Its only getting worse the cost of living fuel etc to, and you can blame the various wars going on around the globe for price hikes. What gets me is the supermarkets postings billions of profit and hiking up prices and blaming the economy. Also another interest rate next week won't help. You need to be earning 100 grand or more just to cover expenses these days. Ridiculous.

I quit working for other people years ago and work for myself. Paid jobs can be stressful, they tire you out pay peanuts and you get back stabbing work mates and angry bosses to deal with. Now days I got my own office report to no one. Suggest if your work is shitty you start looking at what possible business you could run yourself or work online.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    The news is out. May be wrong but two banks have already flagged they are increasing their rates
    Freaking interest rate hikes I own properties and mortgages the interest rates are a killer the banks are greedy!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSteel96 View Post
    Freaking interest rate hikes I own properties and mortgages the interest rates are a killer the banks are greedy!
    May I ask how you deal with interest rate rises but not hurt tenants? Personal question but it must be a challenge for many property owners. No need to answer if it's too personal

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I'm a renter but I dislike the way Australian banks get a huge fistful of money by doing nothing, whenever the Reserve Bank increases interest rates to punish people

Meanwhile the banks furiously close down branches including most of the regional banks and leave small businesses and the elderly completely done over sideways. Do every thing online they say, or AI soon will say to bank customers

Rant over
    The only problem with renting if your landlord wants they can evict you anytime and from people I seen it happen to its a real bitch finding a new place to rent. I found years ago paying property off was a better bet ain't no one going to kick you out. Yeh banks closing even two branches westpac St G merging to one bank don't get me started. I try to run all finance online but still want cash for the brothels

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    May I ask how you deal with interest rate rises but not hurt tenants? Personal question but it must be a challenge for many property owners. No need to answer if it's too personal
    My second apartment I use as an office space I don't have tenants (interest on it this month was $921) my other house is for my parents use and interest rates just cover the interest added each month.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    A small help for you would be checking out fuel spy on google, it will tell you all the prices for each servo in Sydney. Try to shop the cheapest one if possible.

I drove past one place that was 1.99 for 98, the 711 down the road was 2.45. The 711 also have a fuel lock on their app if you get it at the right time before it goes up. Every dollar helps as they say

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Not sure how any evicted person can find a new place to rent. Federal Govt saying they care about cost of living, while carefully not discussing the 800,000 + new immigrants each year they are inviting, all who need an apartment or house to live in

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Westpac has a TV advertisement that has a bank manager and a sports referee saying how much they need to be appreciated, and they push away from them, a street parking fine ranger

At least the parking fine ranger fines you because you may have done something wrong

In comparison, the banker gets the big bonuses and the bank gets a windfall everytime the Reserve Bank acts
    The banks are cutting away services and the Reserve Bank pats them on the back

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by RO1312 View Post
    A small help for you would be checking out fuel spy on google, it will tell you all the prices for each servo in Sydney. Try to shop the cheapest one if possible.

I drove past one place that was 1.99 for 98, the 711 down the road was 2.45. The 711 also have a fuel lock on their app if you get it at the right time before it goes up. Every dollar helps as they say
    I have been using the fuel spy app for years, my local BP which is normally cheaper than everywhere else is price matching at the moment,
    But it’s probably still going to cost around $50 in fuel for a fun day of driving.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I quit working for other people years ago and work for myself. Paid jobs can be stressful, they tire you out pay peanuts and you get back stabbing work mates and angry bosses to deal with. Now days I got my own office report to no one. Suggest if your work is shitty you start looking at what possible business you could run yourself or work online.[/QUOTE]

I have a partnership in a import, export business, even though I am one of the owners and bosses there is no free ride, there are still invoices and taxes to pay,
    Staff need to be looked after and clients kept happy, kissing arse 24/7 gets a bit tiring and if the company doesn’t make money someone’s eating 2 minute noodles for the month,
    Lucky I have abalone and lobster in the freezer, but sometimes too much is just too much and you need a break from it all,
    And if I moved overseas the 4 hour time difference means I be up at 4:30am to start work at 5am

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Westpac has a TV advertisement that has a bank manager and a sports referee saying how much they need to be appreciated, and they push away from them, a street parking fine ranger

At least the parking fine ranger fines you because you may have done something wrong

In comparison, the banker gets the big bonuses and the bank gets a windfall everytime the Reserve Bank acts
    The banks are cutting away services and the Reserve Bank pats them on the back
    You can thank John Howard’s Liberal party for that mate. Selling off the publicly owned Commonwealth bank for less than it makes in a quarter. Once that control on Bank behaviour was removed and they decided that privately owned banks could self regulate we ended up here.

Same thing has happened with water, electricity, communications and public transport. It’s almost like these private companies are all about making the most profit now rather than providing the best service.

Banned
    I try and ignore all negativity. There’s enough in the news every day if you watch it. Just keep on going, do the best you can and everything works out in the end.

Obviously people that work one way or another are better off than people that don’t. If you like working keep doing it. If you’re retired then minimise your overheads.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post
    I try and ignore all negativity. There’s enough in the news every day if you watch it. Just keep on going, do the best you can and everything works out in the end.

Obviously people that work one way or another are better off than people that don’t. If you like working keep doing it. If you’re retired then minimise your overheads.
    Yeah mate I hear you, but I haven't watched the news on telly for about 15 years as it's just all sensationalist bullshit.

I pick & choose any news items I want to read online from various sources...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I am nothing.
    I'll never be anything.
    I couldn't want to be something.
    Apart from that, I have in me all the dreams in the world.

Pessoa

Banned
    I’ve had deep and meaningfuls with high risk achievers who’ve put it all on the line.

They’ve been teetering but they made it.

Never give in.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I quit working for other people years ago and work for myself. Paid jobs can be stressful, they tire you out pay peanuts and you get back stabbing work mates and angry bosses to deal with. Now days I got my own office report to no one. Suggest if your work is shitty you start looking at what possible business you could run yourself or work online.
    I have a partnership in a import, export business, even though I am one of the owners and bosses there is no free ride, there are still invoices and taxes to pay,
    Staff need to be looked after and clients kept happy, kissing arse 24/7 gets a bit tiring and if the company doesn’t make money someone’s eating 2 minute noodles for the month,
    Lucky I have abalone and lobster in the freezer, but sometimes too much is just too much and you need a break from it all,
    And if I moved overseas the 4 hour time difference means I be up at 4:30am to start work at 5am[/QUOTE]

Sounds like me except I am owning the businesses with the missus and but different businesses to you and one of them has 20 staff it can be a real headache so I know where your coming from. Exactly why I have a regular to get some relief. I threw a few hundred thousand in BHP & bank stocks so that helps matters. 2 minute noodles have a lot of Asian noodles since the missus is Asian and rice every other night.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast