Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep Deprivation

Senior Member(無間使者) TheBigChungus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Not sueing you, just stating how badly superficial and effete the world has become thanks to SM

Effete is from the Latin word effetus - no longer fruitful; weak and without much power

Don't let SM suck your brain out, through your eyeballs. It will try to
    It’s hard not to tbh, without giving up much info my work does revolve around Social Media not in the “look I’m an influencer”, “watch me do the renegade”, but more on the technical side of things. Plus I love tech and social media is kind of a drug of choice.

But you are 100% correct, and it’s scary knowing if I stop using social media all at once I’ll panic not knowing what to do, ahh pre “heavy” social media days. Honestly I blame COVID too, everything being online just fed into more consumption of these social media platforms.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigChungus View Post
    It’s hard not to tbh, without giving up much info my work does revolve around Social Media not in the “look I’m an influencer”, “watch me do the renegade”, but more on the technical side of things. Plus I love tech and social media is kind of a drug of choice.

But you are 100% correct, and it’s scary knowing if I stop using social media all at once I’ll panic not knowing what to do, ahh pre “heavy” social media days. Honestly I blame COVID too, everything being online just fed into more consumption of these social media platforms.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising you and understand some industries need SM. Internet and forums and the 101 other internet dopamine stimulants have caused everyone profound internet centred ADHD. Many younger people overrate an online presence and underestimate gaining actual life and job skills. They don't understand the echo chambers that form all their opinions, and don't get their news from multiple sources which is the only way to avoid insanity

Its far deeper then SM, it's the internet. I was damaged the day the internet became mainstream for the above dopamine reason
    Thankfully and through sheer luck, my sleep is good, I don't get insomnia as I do all the other things right for healthy sleep

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Could be stress related mate. Try sleeping pills melatonin, 5mg 30mins before bed

Banned
    Does anyone just wake up early every day without an alarm? Just by habit?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post
    I sometimes wake up before my alarm rings, and depending on how urgent the job for the day is I would either get up and get ready or sleep in a little more.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I wake up early everyday now and I don't even bother to set an alarm, it's my circadian rhythm, I'd love to sleep in on the weekend but waking up at 6am every single day has it's drawbacks...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post
    I always wake up an hour before the alarm. The morning brightness through the window and noise probably does that. The alarm just tells me when I should get up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by l337dude View Post
    I wake up early everyday now and I don't even bother to set an alarm, it's my circadian rhythm, I'd love to sleep in on the weekend but waking up at 6am every single day has it's drawbacks...
    I used to have a habit of going to bed by 10-11pm and waking up at 6am daily. Even when I went travelling in Japan I woke up at 6am Japan time and got to see the streets of every city I visited without the hustle and bustle - it was serene and peaceful, because Japan starting from 8am onwards it can get chaotic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12