Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watches

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseSydney View Post
    Omg i love the aqua terra! Also love the one with the whole atlas embedded in it whats its name?

My preference is still the GMT master 2, or just a vintage 1920 style pocket watch chained to a button

Or i dunno, just nothing, no watch, as time is just an illusion, just like hope

P.s. 2 days ago theres a frontpage reddit thread on jeff bezos making a $40million mechanical watch that is designed to outlast human extinction, pretty nifty
    The one with the atlas embedded in the watch face is the new Aqua Terra Worldtimer I think. Released this year as a 75th anniversary edition.

Hey, that $40m Jeff Bezos thing, I thought that was a clock, not a watch? It's old news, bro, from 2018. It's just a giant clock built into a mountain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post
    I had a talking watch once, till I got paranoid. It just wouldn’t shut up! It kept telling me the time, time and time again!

Ya see folks!

A quality joke left to spoil in the bowels of this forum. Luckily it wasn’t flushed away forever!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2023 View Post
    Thanks colesbag and legitl for the tips.
    Definitely gonna get my first watch in many many years.

Cheers
    Dave
    Watch are you cheery about? You’ll have been waiting years! Obviously for you time is a virtue.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I have bad news for you mate, I reckon I could pick them as fakes in under a minute, Ive got a few watches (Tag, Panerai, Jaeger-LeCoultre and a Breitling) and when you have worn real Swiss watches for a while the fakes are usually pretty easy to pick. A mate showed me a Patek Phillipe watcth recently that had been given to him to cover a debt, it was a Nautilus, and, if real, worth over 100k. He knew I had a few watches and asked me to have a look. I'd never held one before, but at first glance I thought this could be real, it took a few minutes and some pretty close scrutiny but I am certain that it is a fake. Having said that it is a very, very good fake and is probably worth 20 to 30k even knowing it is fake.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    forgot to quote

Banned
    Im a big fan of blacked out watches at present.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Vincent888, you should join the YeahMad crowd.
    If you haven't seen YeahMad search for them on youtube.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My small collection for now minus my G shocks

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harmsup_jai View Post
    My small collection for now minus my G shocks

Noice... And all on time. Must be using a watch winder, then? I find that such a hassle with owning more than 1 mechanical watch.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I just prefer my Citizen Eco-Drive Satellite Wave.

I hate winding watches or charging them (except via solar).

Just set you timezone and nothing else.

I am considering getting a Solar Garmin, 51mm just so I can put on the watch whatever I like.

Personal ring gif's is one idea... mmm girlone rings and a her pussy pic ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bummer View Post
    I just prefer my Citizen Eco-Drive Satellite Wave.
    My cheap Citizen Eco-Drive watch (priced at $150) have been lasting for a very long time. Almost 8 years now. Keeps time very well but the second hand a little wonky, and the stopwatch mode never sits exactly at 12 when you reset the timer.

I wear it for work. I've had it bashed through all kinds of surfaces and it's still holding up like a tank. Japanese innovation is truly remarkable even with a cheap price tag.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Noice... And all on time. Must be using a watch winder, then? I find that such a hassle with owning more than 1 mechanical watch.

yeah I do

You can get them from Ali express that winds 3 at a time for $30-40

I love mechanical watches , only going to add more down the track

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    If i may say that there are some great Aussie watches out there. Ones caught my eye are Erroyl and Second Hour.

Melbourne watch company is pretty cool as well

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixiixi View Post
    If i may say that there are some great Aussie watches out there. Ones caught my eye are Erroyl and Second Hour.

Melbourne watch company is pretty cool as well
    Any fans of pocket watches like me? I only have one but could have several. I just feel that when I wear them I look like a wanker and possibly 30 years older than my actual age. I just like them

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchtheboss View Post
    Any fans of pocket watches like me? I only have one but could have several. I just feel that when I wear them I look like a wanker and possibly 30 years older than my actual age. I just like them
    Do you also wear a monocle and a top hat? And possibly ride one of those late 1800 bicycles with oversized front wheel and tiny rear wheel?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by xapoya View Post
    Do you also wear a monocle and a top hat? And possibly ride one of those late 1800 bicycles with oversized front wheel and tiny rear wheel?
    It’s called style, not all of us have it or are able to understand what it is. Being vanilla and blending into the masses is just boring.

Given this is a punting forum, I was once approached by a very hot girl in a party who spotted the gold chain of the watch and it led to a hot night back in my place.

Banned
    It’s called style, not all of us have it or are able to understand what it is. Being vanilla and blending into the masses is just boring.

Given this is a punting forum, I was once approached by a very hot girl in a party who spotted the gold chain of the watch and it led to a hot night back in my place.
    Everything these days have some gold in it. Not everything gold is expensive as some are just gold plated.

I wonder if the girl is actually from some rural towns and have never seen proper expensive jewellery. If I go to Thailand I'm also very likely to pick a girl up without paying upfront just by flashing some gold cockrings.

Banned

Was it your mum picking you up from the party?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    pocket watches are nice and also substantially cheaper.
    you could get a Vacheron Constantin pocket watch for 3k, whilst a watch would be 30k

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
    pocket watches are nice and also substantially cheaper.
    you could get a Vacheron Constantin pocket watch for 3k, whilst a watch would be 30k
    There is still hope in this forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast