Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Watches

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy1 View Post
    Was it your mum picking you up from the party?
    Not sure why make a comment like that. I know this is a punting forum but seriously, sure we are better than that, perhaps not

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchtheboss View Post
    Not sure why make a comment like that. I know this is a punting forum but seriously, sure we are better than that, perhaps not
    He's the Mr Hyde persona of the Dr Jekyll of begov. They come in 2s, sometimes with a supporting 3rd or 4th. Extremely easy to spot them once you get used to it. Kinda fun to wind him up actually. Watch him fly with 3 pages full of crazy hahahha...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchtheboss View Post
    In the 3 months or so you have been absent DTB the forum has had some multi persona multi post infiltrators who add volume, but little more and then reinvent...

Easy to spot, easy to ignore, easy to forget...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abracadabra View Post
    In the 3 months or so you have been absent DTB the forum has had some multi persona multi post infiltrators who add volume, but little more and then reinvent...

Easy to spot, easy to ignore, easy to forget...
    I have noticed there is something going on. Thanks for the heads up

Banned
    I have a Longines Hydroconquest 38mm. One of my first luxury watch collection. I'm aiming to get a Grand Seiko Snowflake soon.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by peripel View Post
    I'm aiming to get a Grand Seiko Snowflake soon.
    Was thinking the same, they look really nice. Is there any stigma in collecting circles with them not being completely mechanical?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by fted View Post
    Was thinking the same, they look really nice. Is there any stigma in collecting circles with them not being completely mechanical?
    that plus they don’t hold their value as well.

in addition they crappy looking bracelets , lug designs and horrible dimensions like thickness, lug width and diameters .

Theyre also very over priced

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fted View Post
    Only if you're in a circle where you're comparing yourself to others. I reckon there's no need to compare your collection with others - it's a personal preference.
    Personally I think the Spring Drive technology is great - if you're using an automatic winder you're less likely to readjust the time once every few months compared to most automatic watches.

Quote Originally Posted by harmsup_jai View Post
    that plus they don’t hold their value as well.

in addition they crappy looking bracelets , lug designs and horrible dimensions like thickness, lug width and diameters .

Theyre also very over priced
    On the contrary they're cheaper than Rolexes in terms of similar models because of it's availability brand new. Most Rolexes in the market these days are second hand, and there's also the reputation of people viewing Rolexes as fake because of places such as Bali selling heaps of fakes that look almost original.

Personally I like Rolexes as well, mostly the dress watches like the Datejust. I would love to get both Datejust and GS Snowflake SBGA211 so that I can put both of them side by side. When it comes to bracelet vs leather straps I prefer leather straps, and NATO straps on divers watches.

On another note - when viewing most watches I realise that we're mostly paying for the brand. Most Swiss watches have very similar handiwork, yet what differentiates them in price is the availability. With Rolex they limit the production number each year and then introduced Tudor as sort of a branch that delivers the same handiwork but on a different logo.

Oh, and a review that compares both GS and Rolex. Note the reviewer mostly mention price difference rather than material or feel:

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-bl...and-seiko.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234