Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking over a Pattaya Girl Bar

Banned
    One of my friends owned (well his wife did) a 40 girl establishment in Pattaya. That was till the marriage went sour.

Lot of drama and he just walked.

Moral of the story, “be careful who you get in bed with”.

Later on I ran into him in Hong Kong, he seemed to have gotten over it. Was sporting a tall J model.

Banned
    Here is one that might be for sale.

You can read the rest on the link.

“This place is temporarily closed. An adult Boutique Hotel situated in the Very heart of Pattaya's renowned Nightlife”

Perhaps you could make an offer?

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...0&category=101

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post

“This place is temporarily closed. An adult Boutique Hotel situated in the Very heart of Pattaya's renowned Nightlife”

Too late...after being for sale for about 2 years it got bought about 6 months ago...I can't remember how much but over a million usd I seem to remember...renovations underway they are hoping to get it done for the peak xmas period....but I dont know of they will follow the old vibe (mirrors on ceiling, stripper poles etc) or a bit more mainstream decor and target market.

This hotel. Is very close to the bar that the original poster was talking about....but soi 13 area is on downward spiral there are lots of other parts of pats where sex trade rebounded post covid but soi 13 still grim.

Banned
    This hotel. Is very close to the bar that the original poster was talking about....but soi 13 area is on downward spiral there are lots of other parts of pats where sex trade rebounded post covid but soi 13 still grim.

Why would that be?

Senior Member(無間使者)

Why would that be?
    Not really sure....decline started pre covid...maybe rents too high...nearby walking street still does well trading off its reputation but is high price quite touristy and not really as busy as once was....but for serious sex tourists the action is at other neighbourhoods soi bukhao, treetown, soi pothole, soi 6/1

Soi 13/4 still the gay bar area

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    As with all opportunities, the best of the Bangkok sex industry as a business person was in the days before it was mainstream

Now that Thai sex is a cliched as Starbucks coffee, rents and other cost inflation makes business much more risky and you need to know what you are doing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    As with all opportunities, the best of the Bangkok sex industry as a business person was in the days before it was mainstream

Now that Thai sex is a cliched as Starbucks coffee, rents and other cost inflation makes business much more risky and you need to know what you are doing
    It’s very much a “hands on” industry.

You take a break and the cashflow drops.

Like driving a Ferrari, it’s great to drive but with no driver it crashes.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by keebab View Post
    Alright gents. Roast me if you want but I'm genuinely curious on the feedback and discussions here.

Pattaya Bar and Lease up for sale. 3 year option at approx $22,500 per annum. T/O around $125,000 per annum with margins somewhere around 20-30%. Existing manager and staff in place. No access to detailed financials yet but will assume they're all over the place. Plenty of things to improve around the place. Will def be getting deeper into the details with the seller shortly.

My skills, digital marketing and SEO. The socials, and business listings are a shambles so that's an easy fix. Otherwise, it has the potential to be a hand's off operation.

Thoughts? Who's done this before?

Don’t do it they will,chop you up and spit you out. And remember the police run the joint.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    It’s very much a “hands on” industry.

You take a break and the cashflow drops.

Like driving a Ferrari, it’s great to drive but with no driver it crashes.
    Nice analogy bro

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by pound4pound View Post
    Don’t do it they will,chop you up and spit you out. And remember the police run the joint.
    As I said, the best business opportunities are those that aren't well known
    Success breeds red tape and rent hikes and crooked cops infiltrating every aspect of your business. Go for it but start as a minor partner imho

Look what happened to King's Cross. Ultimately it's well known success killed it

Las Vegas succeeds because the US knows how to milk the cow, but even there rents are high and you need big pockets of money to make small amounts, underworld has it's footprint, and many business people are burnt at the stake, I bet

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    As I said, the best business opportunities are those that aren't well known
    Success breeds red tape and rent hikes and crooked cops infiltrating every aspect of your business. Go for it but start as a minor partner imho

Look what happened to King's Cross. Ultimately it's well known success killed it

Las Vegas succeeds because the US knows how to milk the cow, but even there rents are high and you need big pockets of money to make small amounts, underworld has it's footprint, and many business people are burnt at the stake, I bet
    May I have your opinion on adult business here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12