Thread: Need help unblocking my WeChat account

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Need help unblocking my WeChat account

Would anyone be willing to help me unblock my wechat account? I'm heading to Sydney in late November and wanted to make sure I could use this app. Must have got locked out after non-use.

TIA Noodleman

Super Fans (忠實Fans) Footballpunter's Avatar
    why don't you sign up for a new account?

that's also why I try to sign in once in awhile to keep it current.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Are personal details and convos safe on that great app?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballpunter View Post
    why don't you sign up for a new account?

that's also why I try to sign in once in awhile to keep it current.
    Tried and it’s a no go. Even found a SIM card I had from the states but it’s a no go with trying to setup a new account

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
    Maybe for you it’s now NoChat?

You could try those walki-talkies that people use?

No encryption though.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Unlocking or unblocking?

Trying to unlock/reset your account is next to impossible. Their international support is next to useless.
    They do provide some FAQs on how to reset/unlock it and you will need to submit an online support request with a whole bunch of information about the account and there's like a 24-48hr delay between your questions and their answers.

Your best bet is to create a new account - easier and faster.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    This seems like a fishing expedition.

Banned
    Does it smell fishy or perhaps you didn’t wash after your last punt? Either way it’s fishy.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I had to reset my phone so got locked out of WeChat. As I recall, you request a code that you have 2 people you have recently chatted with send you that code to your WeChat account. I simply called them, explained the problem, and gave them the code. In essence, they are verifying that you are you. Once done, you can sign in.

Not difficult If you are who you say you are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    I had to reset my phone so got locked out of WeChat. As I recall, you request a code that you have 2 people you have recently chatted with send you that code to your WeChat account. I simply called them, explained the problem, and gave them the code. In essence, they are verifying that you are you. Once done, you can sign in.

Not difficult If you are who you say you are.
    That sounds overtly complicated.

Better to share your mobile number with the WL’s then when they want a punter they txt you.

What do you think?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post
    That sounds overtly complicated.

Better to share your mobile number with the WL’s then when they want a punter they txt you.

What do you think?
    Who do you think texted me the code... duh...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Who do you think texted me the code... duh...
    Why use WeChat?

Just freely pass your mobile number around to the WL’s.

I have WeChat but I’ve found the response time slower than a mobile number if I want to hookup.

Don’t know why? Perhaps they don’t leave WeChat running 24/7?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Why use WeChat?

I have WeChat but I’ve found the response time slower than a mobile number if I want to hookup.

Some are residents, some are travelers. Some have a permanent sim, others a temporary so they don't pay roaming charges. WeChat eliminates that problem and allows contact with a simple Internet connection regardless.

Mobile numbers change, WeChat is a constant. And they know who's calling.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Are personal details and convos safe on that great app?
    Well, its an offical PRC spyware app, nothing safe about it. All is indexed, filtered, stored, down to you phone number, phone model, IMEI, MAC address, WIFI router name, SIM, SIM model, carrier etc. Regularly copies your “copy” memory , its a cybersecurity nightmare. I would say its one of the worst and unsafe apps, the tik tok closely following it. And yeah all is stored in China, without your explicit consent.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnda View Post
    Well, its an offical PRC spyware app, nothing safe about it. All is indexed, filtered, stored, down to you phone number, phone model, IMEI, MAC address, WIFI router name, SIM, SIM model, carrier etc. Regularly copies your “copy” memory , its a cybersecurity nightmare. I would say its one of the worst and unsafe apps, the tik tok closely following it. And yeah all is stored in China, without your explicit consent.
    That’s why I use it, delete it, then download it, use it then delete it etc etc

I’m even particular about switching of my devices when punting.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Why use WeChat?

We Chat has direct voice/video calling capabilities. Should be as instant as a normal phone call. Don't know if this works if app is not running though.

One of my Chinese friends has the app, but wasn't aware of the "people nearby" function until I told her how to switch it on.

Banned
    What I meant was that some adult businesses don’t respond to WeChat as quickly as they do to a mobile txt.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Thx, the app is pretty much garbage and as stated the international support is worthless. Can't even create a new account without having someone vouch for ya. I'll just get a sim when I land and text em.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Thx, the app is pretty much garbage and as stated the international support is worthless. Can't even create a new account without having someone vouch for ya. I'll just get a sim when I land and text em.
    I've used WeChat for many years and find it very useful for keeping in touch with friends, both civilian and business. The built-in translation function so handy. Also Line... And the sponsor requirement tends to keep the riffraff at bay. For support, I found the answers I needed in the FAQ's, but then I am a RTFM type of person.

In SYD, very handy to see shop rosters... And if I don't get an answer back from a message in a reasonable amount of time, I'll ping the girl/shop: 1 ring of a voice call. Gets their attention without interrupting if she's occupied. SMS was great in the aughts, but video chat and photos order of magnitude better.

And it basically eliminates those plaintive whining posts of "Anyone know where xyz went?", especially if either you or she are out of country. Source info always better...
    YMMV

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnda View Post
    Thanks. It's a great app. The friends nearby feature is fun

Then imagine damage done to your social credit rating if an Official unfairly confiscated your phone if you are overseas and opened your app

Also a Sydney wide listing of the app users texting known shops can be created very quickly by app technicians