Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday Rant

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Friday Rant

I thought I just create this post so everyone can have a platform to get things off their chests,
    As bottling up all our emotions and thoughts is not good for our mental health,
    Especially being a punter and keeping it a secret from our family and friends,

I go first, it’s Friday and I just finished work and going home to an empty home that I have been neglecting since my wife passed away 2 years ago, its a total mess but its full of memories, I have an opportunity to sell up and go live in Thailand with a long term friend that I have know for 20 years and start life over again, but my commitments here keep dragging me down, especially with aging parents that are in their later years, deep down I don’t want to be alone in life but I also don’t want to give up on what I have, so it’s mentally eating me away,
    Punting has given me some short term relief from reality, but its not going to solve the problem I am facing.
    That’s my rant and what’s been eating me up, I hope you guys can be brave enough to express your thoughts and worries as bottling it up is not really healthy.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I actually share that same wish as I've always wanted to move to either the Philippines or Thailand but commitments keep me here. Been a bachelor for 6 years too

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    I actually share that same wish as I've always wanted to move to either the Philippines or Thailand but commitments keep me here. Been a bachelor for 6 years too

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk
    Trying to let go off those bonds is very difficult, especially if something happens while you are gone, the guilt would just eat you up

Banned
    Why not spend time in both countries, it’s not a one way ticket is it?

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Python View Post
    Trying to let go off those bonds is very difficult, especially if something happens while you are gone, the guilt would just eat you up
    The day my mother died the doctor called me to tell me I needed to "make arrangements" to get to see her, I was interstate at the time. I asked how long she had, and he wouldn't put a time on it, just that it was coming and I should make plans to get there.
    1hr30mins later she was gone.
    The time has always done my head in, because that was the exact flight time between cities, so even if I was on a plane, on the runway ready to take off, I wasn't going to make it. And maybe that's how she wanted it. My sister told her I was on my way, maybe she didn't want my final memories of her to be that way, emaciated, in pain, tubes everywhere. Maybe.

Let me ask you a question. Would your parents want you to put your life on hold waiting for them to die? Thailand is a 10hr flight. If something happens you can be home in half a day. If it's something sudden, you may have been interstate, or up the coast, or otherwise indisposed and not been able to make it in time anyway. My father lives interstate, he's in good health but he's over 80 and I worry that any phone call could be the one telling me he's had a fall, or a heart attack, etc, but right now MY life, with my kid, is here. I have asked him to move closer to us but he likes his current life and I get that. Maybe in a couple of years my kid will go to a Uni closer to him, in which case I'll move there too, or if she wants to go to Uni overseas then we'll cross that bridge at that time. You only get one life, but within it you get many lives, sometimes you have to let go of one to start another.

Maybe what you should do is a small reconnaissance mission, spend a few weeks over there, suss it out, see what it's like and if it agrees with you, not in a hotel but in a house or apartment, living like a local etc. While you're gone, the house can get the work done that's needed, so when you come.back at worst the house is in prime shape again and you've had a nice holiday and are now ready to think more about your options, or it's ready to be sold and you move on to the next phase, or you realise you just needed a breather and you're happy where you are.

Sorry, I'm sick with a cold and dosed up on sudafed so I'm probably speaking gibberish.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Sorry to hear gentlemen, life is life and death is the only thing guaranteed. I know it’s easier said than done but make the most of everyday, do anything you want and not dwell on the past, just make the most of the time you have left and remember you came into this world alone and will leave alone, live in the moment and make the most of it.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntonthego View Post
    Sorry to hear gentlemen, life is life and death is the only thing guaranteed. I know it’s easier said than done but make the most of everyday, do anything you want and not dwell on the past, just make the most of the time you have left and remember you came into this world alone and will leave alone, live in the moment and make the most of it.
    It's very true. Dying alone, like truly alone, as in nobody to give a shit, is possibly my greatest fear. But I know that as long as there are people who love me, wherever they are, then I'm not really alone.

I heard it said "you are a story you tell yourself". I don't believe in an after life, bit I do believe in a next life, because it's happened to me several times. I've moved cities, separated from my wife etc. You can't beat your environment, so sometimes changing environment changes everything, and by environment I don't just mean the place you are but everything, the people you're with, where you work etc. Find your environment. Kids complicate things obviously, so you help them find their environment, and when they do, you can find yours again too.

Senior Member(無間使者) TheBigChungus's Avatar
    Wow, and here I am with my only weekly rant which consists of why can't I put on as much muscle as quickly as possible, or why certain something is sold out, why did my pup eat grass today, or why can't I be more decisive on picking a restaurant to eat at.

Sometimes I forget there are real adults with real life problems and struggles in the world. It's crazy.

Banned
    We’ve all been through things.

The main point is that we keep on going and never ever give in. Make every punt count as if it’s your last one. Tell the people you love that you love them. Be the best person you can be. Don’t sweat the small things. Everything has a time and a place. Be at peace with yourselves.

Oh and always carry extra pineapples 🍍

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I'm never worried about being lonely when older, sorry guys. I have a different perspective

Cant a healthy financially comfortable guy easily find a financially secure lady or at least a down to earth lady that doesn't just want you for the money?
    Or more commonly just have friends?

The fact you guys mention Philippines and Thailand prove my point

Try growing old and being a lady. That's loneliness

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigChungus View Post
    Wow, and here I am with my only weekly rant which consists of why can't I put on as much muscle as quickly as possible, or why certain something is sold out, why did my pup eat grass today, or why can't I be more decisive on picking a restaurant to eat at.

Sometimes I forget there are real adults with real life problems and struggles in the world. It's crazy.
    1. Are you cycling your creatine? Do you use pre-workout EVERY workout, or just when it's needed? Are you making sure you're cycling in rest weeks and switching exercises to keep it interesting? If you do the same exercises week in week out they lose their effectiveness, switch it up. How's the diet? Are you occasionally varying the workouts themselves with drop sets, partials, high weight/low rep or lower weight/more reps?

2. For picking a restaurant, flip a coin, heads japanese, tails Malaysian for example of it lands one and you're happy with it off you go, if it lands another and you feel disappointed, you wanted the other one anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    I'm never worried about being lonely when older, sorry guys. I have a different perspective

Cant a healthy financially comfortable guy easily a financially secure lady or at least a down to earth lady that doesn't just want you for the money?

A hell of a lot of guys with fortunes gladly pay out their ex so they can move on. So not all ladies are poor or lonely. Whatever it costs it’s worth it.

The smarter ones don’t piss money up against the wall with divorce lawyers. They are the winners. Just reach an agreement and leave it at that.

Banned
    (Double post edit)

Super Fans (忠實Fans) Footballpunter's Avatar
    This is also why we celebrate the little wins in our lives. Sorry to hear you have having a tough time at home. Maybe try to take a trip somewhere or perhaps like others suggested, go to Thailand for a few days to relax.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post

Cant a healthy financially comfortable guy easily a financially secure lady or at least a down to earth lady that doesn't just want you for the money?

I get what you're saying, there's nobody more anonymous than an average middle-agwd woman. I've heard it time and again from women saying once they hit a certain age it was like they were ghosts, totally invisible to most people.

And yeah, most guys after leaving a marriage etc will probably look to the younger girls rather than those women.

Younger girls are fun to.play with, but no, I may be influenced by my current... I don't know what to call her... "friend who I am spending time with and definitely developing feelings for but am realistic of the fact that it is going to be very, very difficult to make it work"... but I see my next phase being with someone I can grow old with, not someone who'll watch me grow old.

Banned
    I think everyone wants someone initially.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Thank you for the feedback guys especially asiafever, I will definitely be talking things over with my family and letting them know how I feel,
    I have done multiple trips to Thailand this year to spend time with my friend, in terms of relationship it still has a long way to go but as friends and fuckbuddies it’s great
    I definitely will be looking into renting an apartment in Bangkok for a month or two and see if I can build on the relationship where we are both comfortable living together with each other,
    Frisson my friend is 47 years old never married no children, she focused on her career over family, she too feels the same way and is afraid of being alone,

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigChungus View Post

Hi mate better to focus on cardio than bulk, that way you can pump the w/ls for the whole session and wear her out,

Banned
    Hi mate better to focus on cardio than bulk, that way you can pump the w/ls for the whole session and wear her out,
    Yep. That’s what it is about. The work out.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Thank you for the feedback guys especially asiafever, I will definitely be talking things over with my family and letting them know how I feel,
    I have done multiple trips to Thailand this year to spend time with my friend, in terms of relationship it still has a long way to go but as friends and fuckbuddies it’s great
    I definitely will be looking into renting an apartment in Bangkok for a month or two and see if I can build on the relationship where we are both comfortable living together with each other,
    Frisson my friend is 47 years old never married no children, she focused on her career over family, she too feels the same way and is afraid of being alone,
    This is my point. I bet the majority of older women just find men too much hassle

The other issue is that if a man is healthy, there is an argument he doesn't need to settle down if he is divorced or older

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast